November 21, 2014 | 1066 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Evelyn79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent conditioner. I also like the fact that it really has banana in it (second on the ingredient list!), not just the fragrance. I just love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lovetosparkle

I was attracted to this product because of the smell. It has a strong, delicious banana scent, but does not leave my hair smelling like bananas. Here are my pros and cons of this conditioner:

Pros
- beautiful scent
- reasonably priced and although the bottle is not that big, it has lasted me a long time
- not tested on animals :)

Cons
- bad packaging: the conditioner is fairly thick and it is hard to squeeze out of the bottle. I had to store it upside down to solve this.
- not a miracle conditioner: hydrated my normal hair, but did not make it overly soft

Overall, I am happy that I tried this product out, but my new salon conditioner works much better on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner surprisingly works well. I normally wouldn't reach for anything banana scented, but this smells more like pina colada and coconut than banana. It's also very light and rich, but because my hair needs more thick and penetrating nourishment, this doesn't fully meet my standards. However, the banana in this conditioner does a lot to add moisture, so it does soften hair and leave it bouncy. This is great for fine hair in particular, but probably not the best for those who need an extra something for their damaged or dry ends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A classic product from the original TBS line-up - it has been d/c'ed and brought back (thank goodness). Inexpensive, effective and a great "bang for the buck". Very hydrating - can build up on fine hair - good conditioner. I like the banana scent, too.

Update: Just bought another bottle in 2013 and it's still $8 and a great product for the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Muartsy

Great scent and an excellent condtioner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by egagne87

I absolutely love this stuff, I almost didn't know what to do when my local store was out. I now purchase two at a time.
It smells amazing, its super moisturizing, it makes my hair super smooth and soft.
love love love

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I completely forgot about this stuff! This conditoner smells very yummy like bananas. The conditioner itself is pretty average, but I love that it has natural ingredients, plus it really is not expensive. I would recommend this for anyone with thin hair, becuase I have thick curly hair and this conditoner is a tad bit lightweight for me, but overall not bad. Oh, the scent does not linger on the hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry hair because I almost wash it every day, I blow dry it, and I use a straightener. Before I started torturing my hair, my hair was a little bit wavy, it wasn't entirely straight so I bought a straightener, I did use protection serums, but the next day I always had to wash my hair again because after a night of sleep it was wavy again, and a bit greasier. So after two years my hair was damaged, and dry. Last summer I had to cut of a big piece of my hair, and I decided to stay away from my straightener for a while. I have blond hair, but now that I'm 22 it's gotten much darker then it was when I was a child, so sometimes I have to get highlights, sot that damages my hair even more. I have bought every brand of shampoo and conditioner that is on the market from really expensive (more than 25 euro) to really cheap brands. Sometimes the shampoos did restore my hair, but then it was so static and curly that I had to use my straightener again. The only thing that helps is olive oil, and an avocado mask. But I can't use this every day. Yesterday I bought the banana shampoo and conditioner, and this morning I tried it. I loved the smell. The shampoo was really great, it made my hair soft, didn't tangle. The conditioner was even better. For the first time this week I didn't use my straightener, I did blow dry my hair, but I didn't have to use any of my protection products. My hair is straight, shiny, and looks healthy! plus it smells divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by loveandkiwi

LOVEEEE! This is the best lightweight conditioner! When I say lightweight, don't mistake me for saying that its not moisturizing. When I rinse of the Banana shampoo also from the Body Shop, my hair is quite tangled. You might think you need a lot of the conditioner to get all the tangles out but if you give it some time and patience to massage this all over your hair and leave it in for a minute or two, when you rinse it off it makes your hair so soft! Another thing I love about this conditioner is the fact that I can actually apply this all over my hair, without limiting it to the ends of my hair. In other words, this doesn't weigh my hair down a slight bit! After I use this along with the pairing shampoo, my hair feels clean, fluffy, and it looks so shiny:) Will definitely repurchase over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Overload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really loved the smell of this conditioner, which is why I bought it. It makes my hair pretty soft and shiny, but it doesn't untangle it like other conditioners. It also doesn't exactly leave a layer around my hair, like conditioners that I have previously used. This probably has to do with the fact that it doesn't have any silicones in it, and I really prefer silicones in my conditioners that leave a layer and prevent split ends/or make it seem as if I don't have split ends. This is why I won't be repurchasing.

If you are looking for a silicone-free conditioner with a great smell, that leaves your hair light and soft, this is for you. If you are looking to prevent split ends (like me), you might need to look further.