The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye cream is a very good moisturizer but it doesn't do anything else for fine lines. It stays good under make up. It's cheap and lasts long so while I keep searching for the best eye cream, I can continue using this.

I was tired of expensive eye creams claiming to do all these wonderful things and then failing, or worse, irritating my under eye area. This cream is just a normal, everyday cream. It doesn't irritate. It doesn't cover dark circles. But it DOES moisturize like crazy. I use a heavy concealer over top of it (I have very dark under eye circles) and it stays beautifully throughout the day, no caking or settling into lines. I really like that it comes in a tube, you can get every last bit out (unlike those silly pumps that some eye creams come in) and the price is super affordable compared to a lot of other eye creams (even drug store brands, like Aveno, which I love). The Body Shop has tonnes of sales and I usually buy this cream for cheaper than it actually is. I will continue to buy this until I actually need a "anti-aging cream" (but, c'mon, who knows if anti aging creams really work...my advice, sunscreen, sunglasses and regular moisturizer everyday).

Pros:
cheaper than most brands at $17 (cheaper if there is a sale)
packaging allows you to get every bit out
quite a generous amount in the tube, lasts a long time
makeup goes on great over top

Cons
does not do anything special, like firm the area or get rid of dark circles

As a disclaimer, I don't have much experience with eye creams to judge how good this is. Nevertheless, I love how this smells - I can't put a word to it but all I can say is, it smells very comforting, and lovely. I love how it feels on my skin as well.
However I still have some fine lines after using this for a few months...
I'll probably not repurchase it since there are many other eye creams out there to try out.

I really like this product. The skin above my eyelids gets very dry and flaky, but this cream resolves the issue. I noticed that it improved the appearance (lightened) of my dark circles when I used it consistently.

it's cheap and available.... that's pretty much all it is really. sadly this product represents the general image (the body shop) has of being deceptive with it's products that give you promises but don't deliver.

at best it gives you the feeling of cream around your eye but not in an overly oily way like some other products. after using it regularly for about a month I don't notice a change, doesn't even moisturize the area.

my advice... Skip it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

to me theres nothing special about this.
PROS:
1. cheap
2. it does moisturizes my eyes
3. i like the tube thing

CONS:
1. doesnt do much but moistened my eyes

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I read a lot of reviews of people who were just OK or didn't care for this eye cream. I have only used a handful, but I really like this one because I have a dry undereye area and this does a good job at moisturizing that for me. In general, the vitamin E line at the body shop is great for my dry skin.

Sounds like a sad sob story, but on an evening when I cried before sleeping, I woke up with puffy eyes naturally. I applied this eyecream to the puffy areas and they were almost de-puffed after one minute! So for me, this works in that aspect as well as moisturize.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Really don't feel that it did anything special, it's just a regular light moisturiser for the eye area.

I received this as a free gift and am not really sure what I expected from it. I had never used an eye cream before but was always reading that one should start using eye cream early, so I was pleased to receive this product. I don't have dark circles, bags, puffy eyes, or lines (I am only 20) so I didn't really see any change in anything. However, it also did not irritate my eyes or make them puffy or anything, so that was a plus. The packaging was easy to use and it has a subtle smell that was pleasant but not overpowering. I would consider purchasing this again, but I will probably look for an eye-cream with SPF instead.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This doesnt reduce dark eye circles. It only moisturizers but even that doesnt last very long. Im not buying it again in the hopes that theres a better eye cream out there. I will finish the tube though.