The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/24/2012 5:28:00 PM

I really like this product. The skin above my eyelids gets very dry and flaky, but this cream resolves the issue. I noticed that it improved the appearance (lightened) of my dark circles when I used it consistently.

on 3/29/2012 8:40:00 PM

it's cheap and available.... that's pretty much all it is really. sadly this product represents the general image (the body shop) has of being deceptive with it's products that give you promises but don't deliver.

at best it gives you the feeling of cream around your eye but not in an overly oily way like some other products. after using it regularly for about a month I don't notice a change, doesn't even moisturize the area.

my advice... Skip it.

on 2/1/2012 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

to me theres nothing special about this.
PROS:
1. cheap
2. it does moisturizes my eyes
3. i like the tube thing

CONS:
1. doesnt do much but moistened my eyes

on 1/15/2012 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I read a lot of reviews of people who were just OK or didn't care for this eye cream. I have only used a handful, but I really like this one because I have a dry undereye area and this does a good job at moisturizing that for me. In general, the vitamin E line at the body shop is great for my dry skin.

Sounds like a sad sob story, but on an evening when I cried before sleeping, I woke up with puffy eyes naturally. I applied this eyecream to the puffy areas and they were almost de-puffed after one minute! So for me, this works in that aspect as well as moisturize.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Really don't feel that it did anything special, it's just a regular light moisturiser for the eye area.

on 1/3/2012 8:31:00 PM

I received this as a free gift and am not really sure what I expected from it. I had never used an eye cream before but was always reading that one should start using eye cream early, so I was pleased to receive this product. I don't have dark circles, bags, puffy eyes, or lines (I am only 20) so I didn't really see any change in anything. However, it also did not irritate my eyes or make them puffy or anything, so that was a plus. The packaging was easy to use and it has a subtle smell that was pleasant but not overpowering. I would consider purchasing this again, but I will probably look for an eye-cream with SPF instead.

on 12/23/2011 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This doesnt reduce dark eye circles. It only moisturizers but even that doesnt last very long. Im not buying it again in the hopes that theres a better eye cream out there. I will finish the tube though.

on 12/20/2011 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

It's good, but I was expecting it will reduce the lines under my eyes. But it did make my eyes soft, and look more awake. :) Just be careful to get it in your eyes, it stings in mine, and a little blurry, but it will go away after a few minutes. I'll probably buy it again but maybe after I find something that effectively reduce or made the lines under my eyes disappear.

on 12/18/2011 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wish I could give this a 3.5 as it's really a little better than a 3. I am in my late 40s and I don't expect miracles from any eye cream. This product says it will moisturize, reduce bags and reduce dark circles. As I expected, it did nothing to reduce bags, but neither has anything else I tried, so I didn't get too mad about it. (I don't have a big problem with dark circles, so I can't speak to that.) What I like: It has a nice texture (not too watery, not too oily or greasy), absorbs quickly, and has no detectable scent. I also like the compact, hygienic tube--and I love the pale pink color. What I didn't like: At $17 normally I feel this is a bit costly, although I guess that's really par for the course for even drugstore eye cream these days.

Overall, I am very happy with this product. It does a nice job at moisturizing, without being TOO emollient. Some creams that are very thick actually seem to exacerbate my undereye bags, while this one did not. I typically use this in the daytime and a heavier cream at night. This one is good under makeup.

on 12/13/2011 6:24:00 PM

It may be aged related, but I find this product provides good hydration. I like that it contains skin rejuvenating Vitamin E.
I have used it for about 3-4 years and will continue to buy it.
It may be part of the reason that I often hear that I don't look my age.
I also like Clinique "All About Eyes" which I use after the Vitamin E eye cream from the Body Shop.
I think the combination is effective on this 62-year old.