September 18, 2014 | 1980 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by j_aime

One of the best products I've ever used. I had my hair dyed to my natural dark brown/ black color, because I'm tired of going to the salon every few months to have my hair redyed or root touch ups. I save money from the salon visits (allergic to box dyes), less chemicals on my scalp and no more ugly roots in between visits. I feel more natural and free. This conditioner gives my hair a warm brown glow (not reddish) under the sunlight instead of a black/bluish shine. If that's what you want I think you'd go for the black/blue Malva instead of this Clove conditioner. I mix this in with my regular conditioners to make it a medium brown paste in my hands and apply (washing my hands immediately after). It's great because now I'm free from salon hair coloring, ugly roots and can have a subtle natural brown glow from conditioning my hair.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by msmew

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after botched highlights that were supposed to be caramel on my dark brown hair. The stylist ended up making my base color waaay too dark and then added highlights that appeard blonde against it.

I bought this conditioner hoping to tone down the blonde and hoped that it would add more of a caramel tone to the highlights.
I left this on for 2 and a half minutes--Voila! Perfectly caramel highlights! I'll have to experiment to keep the highlights up, but if you ever run into a similar circumstance, I totally recommend this!

FYI--the stylist used Aveda haircolor but I'm not sure if this matters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by simiparga

I purchased this due to the reviews here. I was looking for a color depositing shampoo or conditioner to help tone down some lowlights that I got done about a month ago. I thought they were looking a little brassy. This has REALLY helped!!!! I was worried that the conditioner was going to be a bit drying - so I applied this and then added a little of my regular conditioner. I left it on for about 5 mins, My hair was sooooo smooth!
The lowlights look much better too, less brasy and much more subtle and they now blend in well with the rest of my dark brown hair. Will be purchasing the shampoo too and will def repurchase this conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kissmekate48

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dark blonde/light blonde hair and this saves me for a week or so when I need to do a root touchup. Love it! Doesn't do much for me re: conditioning, but as long as it evens out my color and hides roots, I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by sparky17

My stylist was in disbelief when I told her that I hadn't colored/highlighted my hair since September. I'll use this every 8th or so shampoo to keep the highlight regrowth in-check. When used as an enhancement to regular conditioners, it won't dry out the hair. Words of caution - keep away from the towels, washcloths, and anything you don't want clove-colored. Rinse shower walls after application - no need to break out cleaner and scrub brushes, but be sure to rinse the spots off or they will stay there. Same with palms - wash after use. And rinse thoroughly or have your towels end up clove-spotted.

Having said that - with a little bit of care, you can get great results, no mess

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my hg conditioners. It definitely deepens brunettes and adds a lot of shine. I get a lot of highlights from the sun, and this evens out my hair making the highlights just a little darker and my hair richer. I use it about twice a week to add a little depth. I've been using this for a few years now and I love it. I sometimes get chemical highlights and when I go back to being a brunette, this conditioner helps when the color starts to fade around the highlights. My trips to my stylist go from every 6 weeks to every 8 weeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by zlisaz1

I find this to be ok-it will help ends of hair that have been lightened by the sun-and can be used in replacement of toner, but the lasting power just isnt there and you have to leave it on for a while, which is a total inconvenience for me.
I dont find that it does a very good job of detangling or conditioning. It adds color, thats it. i wont buy it again. Too expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by asaryen

I used this on my light brown hair with blonde highlights, to tone down the highlights. Big mistake! The blonde highlights turned bright purple-pink! I paniced and washed my hair with a cleansing shampo about 5 times right after, but it didn't fade! The highlighted hair must have been dry and demaged, so it absorbed and locked in the color from the conditioner. I had to go to a salon and pay almost 500 usd to get it fixed! I just want to forget about the hole thing, but I thought I should warn other people of making the same mistake. Do NOT use this conditioner if some parts of your hair is blond and dry/damaged! It has a lot of red tones in it so if your hair is lighter then light brown (even just highlights) you will see a pink-red tone in your hair. If you want to tone down blonde highlights the Camomile conditioner is much better choise. My experience with this conditioner was not positive, but I guess it will be good for people with brown hair who want to bring out a warm, shiny brown color. I can recommend mixing the clove conditioner with the camomile conditioner for a lovely golden caramel tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by audreyhorn

totally works and i was very skeptical.

if you have gross looking yellow highlights, get this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 7:14:00 AM More reviews by fechenwiesen

I love this! I mix it with my regular conditioner and it give my color great depth and shine. I also apply full strength directly to my greying roots when Iīm past due on my color touch up. It doesnīt totally cover the grey, but makes it much less noticable. It will leave brown color on hands if you donīt wash them right after applying. I have also used this after getting too blond highlights, and it saved me. I will buy this again.