September 19, 2014 | 1675 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by HlovesK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm so disappointed with this product,. All the youtube guru's have talked about it so about 9 months ago I bought it and used it for about two months and hated it, came back to it - hated it again. And again! It did not cover blemishes very well at all. The only thing it was good for was under eyes BUT the colors were SO off from my skin. The light and medium palette's were way too light so maybe dark would have worked better but it was too expensive to re-purchase. I prefer MAC studio pot concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by eener654

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

too expensive for what it is. i don't find it all that great when it comes to covering blemishes, which i initially bought it for (i have the one with the green). but it fails to cover up the blemishes at all. it looks nice at first, but after a few minutes, it sort of separates and grabs onto the dry areas of the pimples making it look extra obvious.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC45 and I have this palette in No. 4.

When I first bought this, I was very excited because the whole idea behind this palette is great. 5 different shades that you can mix and match to conceal and correct different areas of your face.

The orange shade was very good for neutralizing my dark circles. I used it sometimes with no other makeup because it worked well to brighten up my face. I would use the shade in the middle of the palette around/to define my brows and would mix two other shades to conceal dark spots.The texture is very light and easy to apply. It seemed like the perfect all purpose product. But the orange shade is the main reason I bought this palette.

Ive since stopped using it around my eyes, though, because I found that after about an hour the orange shade would settle into fine lines under my eyes, which is very noticeable and not so pretty. The texture works well for other parts of my face but not for around the eyes. It seems to contain oil, which explains why it settles into the lines. I wish the texture was different, just for the orange shade.

I've since been using MUFE's full coverage concealer or my dark circles, which is the perfect texture for around the eyes and works fairly well. But the orange shade really knocks out the dark circles completely. This is the only product I've found in this orange shade. How disappointing.

The oil in this product also caused my waterproof mascara to smudge.

Overall, this is a decent product, for those who don't plan to use it under their eyes or or those who don't have fine lines for it to settle in. I won't repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by 87PersianPrincess

This palette lasted me one year and I have a lot to conceal. I am trying drugstore concealers but since I ran out I have noticed that my makeup doesnt look as good as it used to..might have to repurchase.
expensive but the best concealer I have ever tried. no comparisons. BEST.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by beemen

Two thumb up for this concealer!! This texture is so creamery. It come not just 1 or 2 but 5. go cop it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in no1, I really like this palette and have found it very versatile however I would not recommend it for under the eyes as it is too drying for this delicate area. I'd imagine makeup artists would find this handy however with each use I had to mix my perfect shade when I know I could go out to a store and get matched for my exact shade so the process of mixing can be time consuming however I find it useful when I want to conceal areas of my neck and body also as they are slightly different in color from my face. Update: I have found this way to drying for my face. The product has dried out after four months so is getting binned such a waste of money :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Gimmick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased No. 1 for light skin.
I do like the thought process behind the variety of colors. However, the only one that was substantially different from your conventional concealer was the salmon color, second from the right, for under eyes circles. I first applied the salmon color under my eye, then layered the lightest color over it. That's the only real use I got out of this palette.

I didn't like the green at all. I understand the intent, green cancels out red, etc. But it did not do a better job of concealing redness/break outs versus using concealer that is my skin tone, and it required much more blending.

The packaging is extremely unsanitary. You would have to be scrupulous about using a brush. I applied with my finger tips, and the concealers' texture became very greasy after multiple uses.

Overall I can't recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Rachaelein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have palette no. 1 for very light skin, which includes three (pale) skin-toned concealers, one salmon colored one (for under the eyes), and one green one.

I really, really want to love this palette. Generally, I love MUFE. The 5 color selection is genius, I love the idea of mixing to match, I have plenty of redness to counter with the green concealer, and the salmon color is a perfect counterbalance to the purple in my under eye circles -- IN THEORY.

However, I just cannot this to apply well or properly adhere to my skin. I know how to apply concealer, generally, and have used as little as possible. I have tried warming it between my fingers and gently dabbing (not swiping), using concealer brushes, using the beauty blender, setting it with powder...and, no. Negatory. Does not work. When I try it on blemishes/red bumps, it doesn't last and is either translucent (so that the blem is still visible) or a cake blob if I keep adding it. It doesn't really cover my under eye circles, which aren't even that dark -- it goes from NOT covering to cakey, totally bypassing the desired in-between stage. The green concealer is my favorite, but it sticks into the pores on the side of my nose, giving me delightful green polkadots (or nose-a-dots, as I call them).

As a disclaimer, my skin has been pretty reactionary lately -- extra congested, new rosacea never seen before, and so on. It may be that, at this point in time, MY particular skin is just not the right skin for this product. However, my other concealers and foundation are still working, so....there ya go. I will still keep this product in hopes of making it work for me someday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have both of these. I find them very helpful to have in your kit because you never know when you're gonna need it to camouflage something. I use the green a lot.

The packaging is very simple, easy to add into the kit. They are extremely pigmented. Bottom line, I love them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by bettyboopjkt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really helps with my eyelids, which are discolored and oily. I always have problems getting colors to stick to my eyelids and trying to even out the discoloration on my lids.

This 5 color palette is fantastic, you can use it as a very natural look without eyeshadows and just a bit of eyeliner-my friends complimented me on this look. You just use a darker color over the eyelid and use the lighter color as a highlighter.

Several times when I got my makeup done professionally, the makeup artist used this on my lids with the above technique before layering on eyeshadows to it.

I also use it as a base for my eyeshadows,powder shadows,pigments etc...it really helps colors pop on my eyelids and helps shadows and pigments adhere to my lids.

In terms of value for money, it really does have great value, I've had mine for over a year now, and I use it quite frequently-it still has a lot of product left. It also doesn't dry out. It is still very creamy.

It is definitely a staple of my makeup routine, for everyday and stage makeup.