July 25, 2014 | 1734 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this serum because I wanted a serum that would help reduce redness in my sensitive skin. I had read on Beautypedia that the niacinamide in this product could help reduce redness. I will mention that I also bought a gentler cleanser (Olay Foaming Sensitive) and a couple of Olay moisturizers (including a Regenerist one for nighttime) to also hopefully alleviate the redness.

Well, about 10 days later my skin has calmed down a lot! I don't know if it's the combination of products or one in particular but I'm sticking with this skincare routine for now.

I have the fragrance free version of this so I have no comments on how it smells. It applies smoothly and I only need one pump to cover my entire face. I use this in the mornings before I apply my moisturizer with sunscreen and my makeup.

Compared to the high end skin-care stuff I was using, this is cheap! But it's pricier compared to other drugstore stuff. I only gave the packaging a 4 because I heard it's difficult to get the last 25% or so of this out of the bottle although I haven't used that much yet.

I'd definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been a go-to product for several years now. In the summer I use it in place of a moisturizer, and in the winter I use in in the morning before I put my makeup on. It always leaves my skin feeling smooth and silky. I may stray occasionally away to other products (love to play!), but when I come back, I always wonder..."what was I thinking...this stuff is great!".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the fragrance free version of this and I personally really like it. I started searching for a serum this winter after my nightly thick moisturizer wasn't cutting it and I continued to have flaky skin. I apply this morning and night before my moisturizer and it has made a real difference in the effectiveness of my moisturizer. It makes my skin very soft and really smooths my skin texture. Thankfully I now have my flaky skin under control! It is a little pricey, but so worth it and bonus-in the drugstore they will have a store version that compares to this, but is cheaper :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My bottle is almost finished, but I couldn't really tell you what difference this serum made in my skin. I no longer use this daily (just sort of whenever I think to use it) and I still see no difference between nights when I used this serum and nights when I don't. This feels like silicone on the skin and gives it a smooth feeling which I personally hate since to me it feels so fake and unnatural. This also does not really give the skin any moisture (I know it's not touted as a moisturizer, but I still thought I'd mention it anyway) so it doesn't do anything for dry patches. Perhaps niacinamide just isn't effective for all people.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Alliep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for close to a year.
I was using Smashbox primer and wanted something that wasn't so expensive.
I saw that this had great reviews and decided to try.
I am very happy with this.
I use this as my primer and find that it works great for my skin.
No issues

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first serum from Olay,also second product from this brand.I had the european version,here in my country(Germany) we dont have the fragrance free version,only this one.This is enough gentle becouse ,i did apply it under eyes too and didnt had any trouble.
This is great for summer time,i like how silky gets my skin,also i love the niacinamide,very calming and soothing for my skin.
I dont like how u cant get the last drops becouse of too short pump,for me it was imposibile and still have 10% of the serum left in bottle.
Also this was imposibile to wear under my foundation.Just one time i had the curiosity to apply this serum and next foundation and i was shocked.The serum made a siliconic film soo strong that i had areeas where it simply couldnt apply the foundation.I try it with fingers,brush,sponge and finally i used thermal water from avene and remove it.From then i use this always before bed time.
I dont find any bad side ,or bad effect after i used the entire bottle.I still like it even if is imposibile to wear it under foundation,but i dont mind,i prefere ss anyway.
Becouse i like to test new products i already got a new serum,the 3zone serum also from Olay.
For moment i will not buy again the Regenerist serum,maybe later for summer time.I forgot to say how great is this with oil control but i think is doesnt matter too much for the reason ,i dont wear this in day time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by sophiedee

I have used several bottles of this product over the years, and would recommend it to others. It is a good serum over all, and the fragrance free version is the best for sensitive skin. It's a bit pricey, but I think compared to department store products, it's still affordable. The only downside is the pump; it doesn't reach the last third of the product. I have to remove the pump to try and get the last of the product out, which is messy and annoying. It might be worth mentioning that the star ingredient, 'niacinamide', does not degrade when exposed to air or light, unlike other cell communicating ingredients, so I'm still getting the benefits when I open up the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

I wanted this to work under my moisturizer but it made my skin breakout on my chin and forehead. It also caused dry spots on my cheeks. I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, pretty expensive for a girl living on student loans. I actually got this off my sister, and I used to be a 'I'd love to love serums' because I knew it was potentially more potent than a general moisturiser but all the one's I've used either started out good but eventually broke me out or just did not work at all. This one, during the week I used it I noticed it rapidly helped my blemishes and pigmentation heal! I use it alone at night or sometimes if I feel my skin needs an extra boost I'll pair it with No7 Protect and Perfect Night Cream.
The only downside to this is, that even though its more hygienic being in a pump dispenser, it's difficult to get all of the product out of it (which you want since it's not cheap at all).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by purrbox5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. The first time I put this on, it made my face feel baby soft & smoothed my complexion almost immediately, almost like a primer. I haven't used it in a while as I've been using other brands, mostly Avon & Neutrogena but I'd definitely buy again just for the way it made my skin feel & look.