April 18, 2014 | 1879 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Vanilla

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by emth23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous colour, it's a white powder but when applies it's like a shimmery white with golden highlight tones, like all of the MAC pigments it will last you for AAGGGEEESSS! Really good value as you don't need to use alot each time. Would definitly recommend :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to brow highlight color. It is such a beautiful versatile color, On my NW25 skin it comes out as a nice vanilla, goldish, with some pink duo chrome depends on how the light hits it. Goes very well with a lot of differnt looks. Very many uses for this pigment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by inthedeep77

I have fair skin and this is my favourite highlighter for my cheeks on nights out. It can look a little too shimmery for daytime though, even on very light skin. However, it is absolutely beautiful, and although the bottle looks small, this will honestly last you a VERY long time, as I have had mine for about 10 months now and it looks like I have barely touched it. It also looks beautiful on the inner corner of eyes to open them up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

This is such a beautiful color. I would give it 6 out of 5 if i could. It is a white eyeshadow with gold sheen. I have a sample of this but i am gonna buy full size during xmas time. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by borrricua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful highlight color. It doesn't look like too much then the light hits it and it's a beautiful glowy shimmer. I bought a sample but I wouldn't buy a full size b/c I have two dupes: NYX Barely There and Loreal HIP pigment in Restless.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to highlight shade (along with NARS Albatross)! I'm a NW20 and this goes on as a sheer white/golden color. Great to highlight the inner corner of the eye and browbone. Not too shimmery or too pigmented, just the right amount of color and shimmer. The price is a little high, but a little goes a LONG way and a bottle will last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by jod84

i love this stuff it makes a great highlight for eyes cheeks etc but i must say i hardly every use it because it's so messy and the packaging is a pain because you can't control how much product your using. the colour is pretty it's like a whit sea shell colour. i like the product just not the mess

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

this is a serious multi task pigment. flattering on ALL skin tones. will always re-buy <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Photogirl10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best purchases I've ever made! I love it because it's so versatile -- I mainly use it as a highlighter on my cheeks, but it can be used as eyeshadow, mixed into lotions, tons of other uses. It makes a beautiful cheek highlighter! Adds a beautiful warm glowy look to my face and it lasts on my skin all day.
One of the pros is that a little goes a LONG way. One of these will last FOREVER! The only thing I don't like about it involves the packaging: the cap is kind of awkward to close and you have to be careful to close it correctly otherwise it will spill everywhere.
So glad I bought this! If you're looking for a great highlighter and all-around glowy color with warm undertones, vanilla pigment is a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kimchichick

I didn't see many reviews explaining in detail exactly WHY Vanilla is a great colour for medium to dark skins as well, so here it goes.

As claimed, Vanilla goes on goldy-white on fair skin. It's confusing because that is the same description for colours like Ricepaper, Dazzlelight, etc which can oftentimes look too stark for the darker hued population. I have medium to tan Asian skin so I can make them work but I keep feeling like that oomph factor is missing.

This is where Vanilla comes in (with a magic wand). The secret of Vanilla lies in that it is SHEER upon blending. It is SUPER pigmented and white when you apply it, but once you start blending it out, it "loses the lighter particles", leaving this gorgeous orange-gold sheen on darker skintones. Anybody can make this work for them as it mashes very well into your own colouring. It's one of the few chameleons out there that changes colour once you rub it in your skin. It can also be used to highlight the top of the cheekbones for that golden J-Lo glow.

I've tried to look for a dupe, but everything is just too white, too yellow, too pink, too orange, or too brown. This is the best highlight shade I've ever found. Will repurchase when I run out!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No