September 23, 2014 | 1026 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to lotion. It's very moisturising & cheap, too! I slathered my belly with this while I was pregnant & avoided getting stretch marks! I liked using this rather than the Palmers Tummy Butter because the consistency of this made it much easier to spread around whereas the Tummy Butter was thick & difficult to work with. I've been using this Cocoa Butter for a few years now & still love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by HappiestBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use this years ago, religiously. It was the only thing I could find that smelled nice and didn't exacerbate my skin (keratosis, dermatitis, and later, eczema), and was affordable.

But sadly, no more.

They must have changed the formula in the year or two that I didn't use it. I've tried it a few times since I moved back home, but something has definitely changed. It's a brighter yellow than it used to be, and it smells far stronger and chemical-y... worst of all, it makes my skin terrible. My arms and thighs break out and itch horribly if I use it for more than a day or two.

I hate it when good products are changed, but I can't use the cocoa butter cream anymore. Sigh. Also, the bottle is terrible for getting the last little bit out.

However, on the plus side, I can still use some of their other products sparingly (the body oil is good after a day in the sun), and they don't test on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Mihajla

I love this! I have suffered from dry skin in the winter period, and this is a great reliever. Not only does it have a wonderful smell, it is thick but easy to apply and won´t stick and absorbes quickly. Highly recommended, and the price is great for such a good product. It also lasts long as you don´t need much creme for each time you apply it.

AND it is paraben FREE, is agains animal testing and does not manufacture store brands

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by ChrisFF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had a wart on my hand for about 6 years after massaging my son's feet when he had a verruca. It has disappeared in the last couple of days and I can only assume that it' because I'm using Palmer's cocoa butter (fragrance free) as a hand cream. I tried everything to get rid of this wart and this product worked! Now using it on mole on my face to see if it has any effect there. Love the stuff. Feels like silk on the skin. It also appears to be healing up the many bites I got on my legs and arms on holiday. Would be better in a tub as it's hard to get out of a bottle. Very good price too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by JessDeLove

This product is actually not bad - but unfortunately it's so thick it won't come out of the pump - so there's little point buying it. If they revised the bottle so that it functions I would buy it again as it is great for softening hard skin on the bottoms of the feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Henab

Keeps my hands moisturised, too heavy to use anywhere else. I really like the smell and the fact that it doesn't wash away easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry this lotion is not for me or anybody in our family..It took me literally 5 mins of pumping to get this lotion to come out, figures since its so thick. Smells ok( feels plasticy), did not moisturize my skin and the icing on the cake was it made my skin super itchy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by TatlerGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the coco butter itself but the packaging is terrible!!! The product is really thick and rich and works wonders on my skin. The bottle is a nightmare though which is irritating. The cream is so thick it is impossible to get it out of the bottle once it is half full. I will still continue to buy it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xoZoeyxo

Three words: makes skin soft! It really does. It doesn't have the best scent in the world but it isn't the worst. When I wear it people say I smell like chocolate…lol. But anyway I usually put this on after a shower and I really like it. It locks in moisture and just really keeps my skin soft. Perfect for razor burns or dry winter skin. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The strong scent is a real turn-off, but the product is very thick and moisturising. I would prefer to use the vitamin E body butter from The Body Shop or the Cetaphil moisturiser if I had to choose.