April 20, 2014 | 1285 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmers - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sorry this lotion is not for me or anybody in our family..It took me literally 5 mins of pumping to get this lotion to come out, figures since its so thick. Smells ok( feels plasticy), did not moisturize my skin and the icing on the cake was it made my skin super itchy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by TatlerGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the coco butter itself but the packaging is terrible!!! The product is really thick and rich and works wonders on my skin. The bottle is a nightmare though which is irritating. The cream is so thick it is impossible to get it out of the bottle once it is half full. I will still continue to buy it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xoZoeyxo

Three words: makes skin soft! It really does. It doesn't have the best scent in the world but it isn't the worst. When I wear it people say I smell like chocolate…lol. But anyway I usually put this on after a shower and I really like it. It locks in moisture and just really keeps my skin soft. Perfect for razor burns or dry winter skin. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The strong scent is a real turn-off, but the product is very thick and moisturising. I would prefer to use the vitamin E body butter from The Body Shop or the Cetaphil moisturiser if I had to choose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by leeyathatsme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok i think me and everyone else would agree this is HG lotion. I grew up with palmers, I have tried other lotions but always come back to my old school cocoa butter ( no matter how much the price keeps increasing lol) i luv that cocoa butter smell and moisture cant be beat. I use all year long keeps my skin VERY soft,supple and blemish free. people will notice how soft your skin is especially men, but i've had several friends (women) over the years ask me what kind of lotion i use, whenever i say cocoa butter they always say my mom or my gradma used that, take a que from those wise women ladies and get a bottle or 2, and put down the bath and body/vicki secret scented stuff. those are cute, but your skin will love palmers, just watch the magic happen ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great lotion--so moisturizing, so cheap, and so easy to find! But, unfortunately, I cannot stand the scent. I don't like chocolate-scented body products in general, and I find this overwhelming. I'll stick with unscented Curel, which is a great moisturizer, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I love it!!!! It's thicker than regular moisturiser but thinner than the body butter, it's perfect!

It has a slight chocolate smell, which I love. I use it when I get out of the shower and my skin loves it! I find that when i don't use my skin gets very dry. It's not greasy at all, and absorbs amazingly! I love how it comes with a handy pump.

I will definitely continue to buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SpencersMommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! Best moisturizer I've used yet. It's thicker than lots of lotions out there, yet it's thinner than body butters. It's perfect. I use it all over when I get out of the shower, and use it on my hands after i wash them too. It works great, it's not greasy at all and moisturizes very well, and is long lasting.

I love the hand pump design. It makes it so much more easy to use.

The scent is great. It's a nice chocolatey smell. It's not overpowering, though. I also have the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks, and I find that I prefer that scent. It's a little less chocolatey. Anyways, this lotion does has a very nice smell :)

I will definitely buy Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion again. I started using it through my pregnancy for stretch marks, and now I'm using it as an everyday moisturizer since this stuff really does work!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Reality9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Palmers Cocoa Butter is very nice. It has a nice smell and is about £3 from Bodycare or £5 in Boots, England for a 400ml bottle. It stains your skin slightly though and when you take a shower it comes off as a slimy film on the skin.

I bought it as a cheap all-over body moisturiser, but prefer the Vaseline version which comes in a tub. The Vaseline version seems closer to being actual cocoa butter and doesn't seem to stain my skin and is much more effective as a moisturiser. Both of these brands are refined which means they've been processed a lot so the actual goodness of genuine cocoa butter has been lost somewhat.

Palmers are generally good for avoiding the use of Parabens and Phthalates, but this product smells a bit 'chemically' compared to the Vaseline Cocoa Body Butter. The colour and perfume are added in there. The other downside is, there's always a build up of what looks like grey dust (like when you rub a pencil eraser on pencil) on my skin which I never get with any other product, even after washing this dirt appears. I actually took the first bottle back to the store and swapped it for another and it's the same thing. I don't know what the conditions are like where this is made, the first one I bought had pubic hair around the opening of the bottle but I thought that was probably a one-off.

Overall, a good value product. If you moisturise your whole body every day a 400ml bottle probably won't need replacing every week and because it's cheap you don't need to use it sparingly. The other thing is, you can buy 100% pure unrefined cocoa butter, so if you'd rather splash out on that you only get the thing you want, really concentrated without all the other stuff added in there for marketing, like the skin dyes. You can get pure, unrefined cocoa butter on Ebay for less than £10 for 250g.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by misterandry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this recently and I love it. It's rich, it's incredibly moisturizing and thick, without being greasy or unspreadable. I have to admit though- I hate the smell, which is why I gave this a 4 instead of a 5. It's a nice chocolatey smell and by itself it's fine, but I hate smelling like food and unfortunately, the smell lingers. I only use this on nights I'm not going out, and in the morning I'll use my BBW body cream after my shower. Between this, the body cream, and dry brushing, my skin is soft and glowy and wonderful, and if you like the smell, you'll love this.