November 27, 2014 | 1497 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by slidinstop

Purchased this from eBay in the color Lens and love it so much I want it in other colors. ( I also have it in a freebie duo of glimmer Smashbox sent me). It really gives an amazing warm glow to my skin yet mattify's at the same time and really diffuses the light on my skin... LOVE this. A little goes a long way and can't imagine ever emptying the pan. This stuff ROCKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by resco

AMAZING. Sincerely, it is the best highlighter I have ever applied to my "oh-so-lucky" cheeks! Firstly, the color is nearly neutral, so it blends with any blush or bronzer underneath. Also, the power does not reveal any cheap looking sparkles. Rather, the cheeks becomes illuminated with a sexy sheen. The powder feels light and soft. My only criticism is that a little goes a tremendously long way! I had once used too much and I looked like a shiny tin-man. Therefore, I recommend that one only uses this product to highlight the cheekbones, because placing the product all over gives a result that is WAY too intense in natural daylight. In addition, the packaging is a a pot with a screw-off lid; not the most efficient. And the price is worth the amount in the pot, which lasts incredibly long.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by NARSaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Weeeeeeee (this was the sound my heart made when I came across this item). I used this in conjunction with UD's Brightening Primer Potion, Smashbox's Healthy FX Foundation, and just lightly brushed this across my forehead, down my nose, and across each cheekbone. What was I left with, you ask? Oh, just a gorgeous, subtly imparted, BEAUTIFUL glow - seriously, a major "glow from within look". And, frankly, I've been so TIRED of my usual "matte" mineral make-up look (you know that feeling?) so I'm quite happy with my new routine! A definite HG product, people!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by morepoe

I love this. I went to the Smashbox counter in Nordstroms and the sales associate tried this on me and I loved it. It is a shimmer that reflects light and givse the illusion of silky skin. I use it over my blush and lightly across my forehead. Looks great.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by pseuperfly

I was guided to this purchase while browsing at Sephora for a good blush that I hoped would look natural. She suggested "Ginger" by Smashbox (which I do absolutely love; it looks so natural and *right* on my face, almost like a contouring tool) and this highlighter. While it took me a while to get used to the slightly metallic sheen of this, i came to rather like it. Unfortunately, after a bit over a week I must reluctantly (yet definitively) say that it has caused pore-clogging breakouts in exactly those areas where I've applied it. This is especially conspicuous because I don't typically break out in those areas, and they're quite specific. I think I might use it very sparingly on special occasions when I know I'll have an opportunity to clean it off my face shortly afterward (and will try and pre-empt breakouts with some kind of medication underneath.) But I don't think metallics are good for my breakout-prone skin; I have yet to try one that doesn't irritate my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by okidoki35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It has a very fine shimmer, so still appropriate for day-time look, on top of a matte blush since this is very sheer; really brightens up your face w/out lookin like a disco ball; no breakouts from the product either..I have this in color Lens, and true to the description, it's a very soft peach color.....got it on a sale from smashbox.com....probably won't buy again as i use very minimal amount each time, so it would last me awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jayk04

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great highlighter. I like it better than Nars Albatross. It is easy to work with and gives a nice soft pink shimmer. It does not sink into pores like some shimmer highlighters. Will definitley purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by skribblez

If you are looking for a great (shimmery) highlighter, this is a must. I originally purchased Nars' Albatross but it did not show up on my skin. I kept trying to work with it but it just never worked on me. Smashbox's Soft Lights in "Shimmer" is amazing. The color looks like a shimmery light pink (VERY light pink.) Anytime I wear makeup, I always play up my cheeks (both when I'm attemption a natural look and dramatic night time look.) I usually pair this with a blush and sweep it on top of where I apply my blush and sometimes also underneath where I have applied blush. I only use it to highlight my cheeks though as I feel that this shimmer on other parts of the face would look a little "off." For other parts of the face, I'd go with a matte highlighter. This product just makes your skin glow in a non-flashy type of way. The only bad thing I have to say is that I don't like the packaging. It looks very nice but when I'm in a hurry, I don't like having to twist off the cap and then twist it back on. I rather have it be a flip-open type of thing (does that make sense??) However, I do think this product will last me a long, long time as it seems to go pretty deep inside the container. Worth the $28 even though it's a tad pricey. Overall, it makes the skin look dewy and natural. It looks wonderful and I'm guessing it would work for all tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

OMG...HG ALERT! How has this wonderful highlighter been eluding me for so long?? It certainly was a long journey, but I am glad to have finally stumbled upon this based off the great reviews here on MUA. It blends so nicely with my skintone (light skin with cool tones) and provides just the right amount of "glowiness" without looking like a shimmerqueen or glowbot (looking at you Nars Albatross!)..ha! WIll def buy again if I ever run out...there's alot in the pan

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

I do like this product, but it does not glow as much as I'd like it to. Maybe I'm too dark for this shade. I'm medium skin toned. I feel like a cream product would do a better job of achieving the dewey effect I'm looking for. I wanna try MAC's cream color base in pearl unless someone has another suggestion...
I can't dismiss it, though b/c I do see a bit of shimmer w/ minimal glitter. I love how finely milled it is. I originally bought the shimmer powder that Stila makes, but it was sooo glittery that I didn't even try it on. I exchanged it for this. It does last all day. There is sooo much product I don't feel like I'll ever use it up, but when I do, I think I'll switch colors. Using a fan brush also seems to give a better effect than a powder brush IME.

UPDATE: Lately, I've been noticing that I really do like the glow it gives me. You notice it more in natural light. Especially when I have a nice lipgloss on, so I'm giving it one more lippie. But don't use it on oily spots b/c it makes it look more oily. And less is more!