October 20, 2014 | 1965 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i do like this cleanser, not for removing makeup but like in the morning when i wake up. it has a very cooling effect, which i like, but might bother some. i agree with others, it doesnt really feel like a "deep clean" because once rinsed off (especially with cold water) theres a slight residue left over. this can be avoided rinsing with warm water! its in a basic squeeze tube, and the tube is pretty big and you only need a little per cleanse, so this will last a while. i got this for $6.99 at ulta, not bad, but im sure there is something better that will actually deep clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by mikaylawong

Love this cleanser. I leave it on my face for a few minutes before washing it off, and the cooling sensation it has is amazing! It also removes all of my makeup which is a plus. That being said, I don't think this product is good for those needing assistance with bad acne. I myself don't break out and my complexion is generally clear (unless I eat a lot of chocolate... Then I get a few small bumps on my nose), so this cleanser is perfect! Definitely my HG cleanser! Perfect for those who don't need a lot of acne help! Follow up with a toner and light moisturizer and my skin is amazing in the morning. Have been purchasing for years, and will continue to!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product but it just made my skin worse than it already was. :( I used this 3 nights in a row with my Clarisonic Mia and by the fourth day I had 2 large, inflamed, bright red cysts on my right cheek and about 5 little bumps that will probably turn into cysts on the other cheek and forehead. Never have I experienced such a bad reaction to one product. I know it's not the Mia that is making me break out because I've used it before with other cleansers and it's only improved my complexion. As much as I wish I could give this another try, I just can't risk getting more cysts on my face. Overall would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: A couple of days after I wrote this review I started to break out big time! Little red bumps and white heads all over my entire face! I was horrified. Needless to say I stopped using it immediately but when I went back to my trusty Grandpa's Thylox Soap I was more dry than ever and my face was REALLY RED. I was so embarrassed and felt hopeless. I'm telling you pimples all over my cheeks, chin, nose, bridge of nose, temples, eyebrows, neck.... everywhere. I've come to the conclusion after reading some other reviews and info on the web that my skin reacted badly to the alcohol in this product. Thankfully I found something to fix my devastated skin: PONDS COLD CREAM. Read my review on Ponds to see how it worked for me :):):)

I hope this review will help someone. For a long time I wasn't certain what skin type I was. Sometimes I was oily and sometimes I was dry with an oily forehead. I recently found through trial and error that I break out moderately when I consume to much sugar. A healthy diet has significantly improved my complexion, and after using this cleanser I'm pretty sure that I have combination skin.
I had been using grandpa's thylox soap with good success. I was using it without a moisturizer most of the time because it was summer and I live in Hawaii. However, once winter came my skin was too dry and started producing more oil to make up for the dryness. I was too afraid to use a moisturizer because I haven't found one that works really well with my skin. I only use Aveeno clear complexion moisturizer at night once in awhile. So I needed a oil free cream cleanser.
I remembered someone I know raving about this so I bought a tube. I'm so glad I did because it has improved my complexion and I don't get overly oily now! Even when I wake up my skin looks nice. This product also feels great on my skin, and it gives me the right amount of moisture. I use it once in the morning and once at night after removing my mineral makeup with a baby wipe. I'm hoping this is my new HG.
I gave this a rating of 4 because today will only make one week that I have been using this. I will update in another week!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by imnoreen

This is NOT the best cleanser as to what so much people claim it to be. I tried it out only twice and it dried me up like a prune! I had to put two layers on moisturizer after I used it! And I have oily skin, but I sucked my skin DRY! I was never picking something non-natural and now I know I shall stick with Lush Cosmetics!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by allygirl122

This is one of my HG products!!! I've loved it since day one. It is so thick and creamy compared to Neutrogena's other cream cleansers, and I can actually feel it working!! That's always a plus! I have normal to oily skin and it cleans my skin so nicely, without leaving it too oily! Overall is cream cleanser is my absolute favorite part of my skincare routine and I always look forward to using it! I recommend it anyone who wants to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by realcutiepie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a month now and have noticed a huge improvement in my skin. I don't have a huge problem with breakouts anyway so I don't notice much improvement in that area. However, since using this, my skin is extremely soft and glowing and even toned.

I don't use a separate makeup remover to remove my face makeup before hand but I really work this into my skin and it gets everything out. I do use eye makeup remover as this does NOT do a thorough job in that department. I always hesitated to use a cream cleanser in the past but I think I am becoming hooked on the texture and thickness of the cream and I like being able to work it into my skin.

I will continue to purchase this as long as it works for me. I love what it does for me and my skin. You only need a little bit, so a tube will last forever. I may need to switch to a foaming cleanser in the summer but for now, in the dry Arizona winter, this works wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by realreviewer25

I created this account just to write a review on this project. First I should say what kind of skin I have/what kind of skin problems I have. MY nose gets very oily, as does my chin. The rest of my skin does not produce much oil. I have blackheads on my nose and chin, and very small, skin-colored acne on my forehead and my temples. I tried Philosophy Purity and it did not make any improvements and actually broke me out. So I switched to this immediately.
No cleanser has EVER been as effective on my skin! Each time I use it I see improvements!! I love looking in the mirror at my skin now. It cleared out my pimples and has actually made a lot of improvements by disappearing my blackeads and those little bumps on my temple.
However, it is pretty drying so you definetely need a moisturizer afterwords.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

I love how this cleanser really makes my skin feel really super clean yet it doesn't dry out my skin at all and leaves it feeling soft. I also noticed a difference in my skin after using this cleanser - my skin looked a lot brighter and it did help with acne (although not a lot). I would definitely purchase this cleanser again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Stacey74

I came here to read the reviews on this product to see if people are in agreement with me. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I have tried so many different cleansers. I have never found something that makes my face feel as soft and cleansed as this one does. I am prone to breakouts. My skin is clear using this. I'm on my 4th tube, and don't plan on buying anything else.