October 2, 2014 | 913 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this serum from when i start to color my hair and also to use a straightener.It is a nice product that you can use it on wet hair or dry hair.
I do use it on wet hair for dry ends and treat the frizzness.
I also use on dry hair after i straighten the hair.Is no oily finish ,the smell is nice and i love the pump bottle.
The price is alittle too big for the quantity u get.
I will rebuy it,is a nice hair serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by dandiberta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like this.
it's nice and not heavy.

the only downfall is the price vs the size.
i mean your getting to little for the price but i guess i can live with that

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was afraid to use this at first, thinking it would leave my hair greasy and tangly, but when applied to my hair wet and left to dry naturally, the result is very pleasing. Makes my hair look healthy, without being too 'shiny' and was a great price too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 12/5/09 - I've been trying out serums lately and while this one is great, I've found a couple others that work a bit better(especially when mixed with Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Glaze) - namely Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and Frizz Ease Extra Strength. Plus the L'oreal is hard to find anymore.

Original review:
I must have hit my head on something the day I stopped using this stuff. Why? Oh yeah - internet myths. >_< As in - cones are "bad", Pantene/drugstore products are evil, shampoo is bad for your hair and scalp, etc. Now after trying everything else(that SUCKED to be honest), I'm back to finding what **MY** hair likes. And this serum is one of those things. :-)

My hair is shoulder length, naturally curly, baby fine, and prone to frizz. I "re-discovered" this line(the shampoo, cond, and serum) hiding in the back of my closet(product graveyard). I used to use this line - alternating with Pantene and Infusium - about 5 years ago when my hair was WAIST length, chemically treated, and dyed. It should have been a mess, but it was beautiful and silky. Especially when I used the Smooth Intense line of products. Now that my hair is natural(and curly), I use this when I want to wear it wavy.

I just shampoo, cond, use a bit of the cond as a leave-in(pea-size dollop mixed w/water), then the coordinating serum. Put my hair up in a bun or 2. When I take it down I have soft, smooth, SILKY, shiny waves that are 100% tangle free. O_O

My only compaint is that I haven't seen the serum around my area lately so I may have to search for it. But being the PJ that I am, I'll probably just end up using something else instead. Would repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by MAIMAII

I always re-buy this product!! last time I was in the shop it was out of stock so i ended up with John Freda Frizz-Ease, which was a waste of money as its not as good at all! I will go and buy the L'Oreal one again asap!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MoyMoyXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While it did make my hair feel soft and shiney, it didnt help with the frizz that much. I have wavy/slightly curly hair and it gets really frizzy if i dont use the right product, so this definately didnt serve its purpose for me. On a plus though, it was quite weightless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great frizz fighter. Not at all sticky or goopy like many of the other serums I've tried. I can use it on damp or dry hair, and I often mix it with a creme conditioner if I want more conditioning. Been through many bottles of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by xBrunetteBarbie

This is an AWESOME hair serum. I use one pump of this and run it through the middle to ends of my damp hair. (I have thick, black, typically straight Asian hair) When my hair is dry, I have really smooth hair. And it smells so good! I think this would be the best, most value for money hair serum you could buy.
5 lippies and a definite rebuy. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Jyoan

I love this serum for being so good and so affordable at around $16, for people with terrible frizzy hair like mine. It comes in a translucent pump bottle, making it so convenient. A small bottle that lasted me months and months, making it so value for money and easy for travel purposes. The oil remains on my hands for a while, but it's not a big problem for me, as I have the habit of washing hands after my beauty regime. What matters is that the anti-frizz effect always lasts me through the day, making my hair so soft that I like to play with it. Oil/serum form is also known to be good for locking in water, as wet hair is actually extremely weak and vulnerable. I only stopped using this after I found the Asience Shampoo, which is so effective, it makes any after shampoo product redundant. I will definitely buy this again if I do stop following Asience.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by forya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent product for reducing frizz. I have wavy, coarse, thick hair. My hair is so dry that even using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask every other day doesn't control the frizz. I use this after conditioning while my hair is still wet, and it does a great job. I have used many serums in the past and nothing worked so I gave up on them until now. This one is worth every penny!