Mason Pearson Pure Bristle Brush

4.6

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I never imagined that I would be spending this amount of money on a hairbrush but I honestly do think it's worth it. My hair falls to just below my shoulders and although it's very fine I also have a lot of it. Despite being silver-grey and shot with white it isn't at all dry but does sometimes lack the shine it used to have before I stopped colouring and it's fine-ness means that I have to be careful with conditioners which can weigh it down. My Mason Pearson brush definitely puts the shine back into my hair and gives it volume whilst distributing my hair's own natural oils more evenly so that I can now go another day between washes if I want to. All in all a great purchase and despite the high price I'd definitely buy again, but it's a quality product so as others have said, I'd only have to if I lost it.

So expensive but worth the investment! I love this brush!

I have the "sensitive" brush - pure boar bristle. It is worth every penny. Wow. Pricey, pricey, ridiculously pricey. Still...it's great and I am so glad to have it. Wait for Beauty.com or Beautyhabit.com to have a sale. You won't find a super-bargain on these, but saving 20-25% can help. I hope to have this for several years to come. Oh - this style (pure boar's hair...no nylon) is the same as that for the children's brushes. I can see how this would work on tangly kid's hair. The kid's brush also makes a good pocket brush.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this brush! A year ago my hair was in terrible condition. I was looking all over for products to help. I read about boar bristle brushes online so I bought a cheap one from a Salon Suppliers. It just didn't penetrate to my scalp but I could feel my hair becoming smoother. So I decided to splurge on this. It was worth it. My scalp gets massaged and the oils spread down the lengths. It detangles my hair without pulling. When I use it regularly my hair looks so much shinier and swishes. It has definitely helped me improve the condition of my hair.

(I also bought boar bristle round brush for blow drying my hair and a wide tooth burr free comb.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I never thought a hairbrush could make that much of a difference. I've got the pure bristle in pocket size and it must be one of the best buys I ever did for my hair.
I've got fine hair with oily roots and dry, tangly ends - well not any more. This brush is so fantastic, it's glides through with no pain or damage and makes my hair so wonderfully soft and full. Best of all is that I no longer need to use dry shampoo on the days I don't wash - this brush removes the oil very well.
I am SO glad I bought it and I will never use another brush again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Sadly, my grandmother died recently and I picked up this brush from her apartment after wards. I say that I inherited it, not only because of the high price and excellent quality, and actually its a very intimate item to have. I think of her often when brushing my hair. The other thing I think about is how bloody amazing my hair is and how this has changed my life! I have A LOT of hair which is frizzy and wavy, I am the poster girl for this hair brush. It calms the frizz and makes the waves look great. I blow dried my hair for the first time in ages (since preMP) and people keep asking if I've had a haircut. One young man told me- ahem- that my hair looked like a waterfall.
If I lost this treasured item I would buy and new one and possibly will step up from the handy (too easy for me to lose!) to a bigger one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted this and my friends got it for me for my birthday in pocket size (I told them to get the cheapest one, didn't want them to break the bank).

My hair is not exactly fine, it's coarse, long and straight, but this brush works nicely. Just have to put a bit more effort to brush it all the way through.

I've been using a cr*ppy one I bought in Priceline before and I hate it because my hair keeps snagging and snapping. So I tried not to brush my hair unless I really had to. The Mason Pearson is pleasant to use. I have it in white which is quite cute and it doesn't tug at my hair at all. It glides through the knots and I actually enjoy brushing my hair.

In future i would probably buy a large one so that it would be faster to brush my whole head but the pocket one would probably be great to use whilst travelling.

My hair is turns out quite silky with this brush. I love it!

This is the only brush I use. Have had mine for 4 years now and even upgraded to add the next to largest brush to my collection.

I didn't want to believe the hype, but I needed something for my fine, long hair. The brushes do come in different bristle combinations targeted for various hair types and lengths, so do the research before purchasing.

The brush is indestructable, gives a great scalp massage as well as evenly distributes natural oils throughout the hair. You just can't find a brush that works the same as this one. It's the Bentley of hair brushes and it's a must. The price is totally reasonable for the results you achieve. My hair looks gorgeous. This is a must have item in everyone's stash.

I'd always heard that Mason Pearson brushes were the best and had it on my "to buy, but not in the not foreseeable future though I really want it because it's ridiculously expensive and don't need it need it" list (for example, a MacBook Pro is on this list while my current laptop doesn't exhibit major issues). I finally broke down when beauty.com had their friends and family (and the cashback worked--SCORE). I got the cheapest pure boar bristle brush, which retails for $170. I don't think I realized there were other sizes, otherwise, with my long-ish hair, I would've gotten a larger one. My hair always annoyed me, because it felt dry at the ends. Now, I have the problem where my hair's oils are so well distributed that I wonder if I'm going to have to start washing it more often or if I'm just not used to having hair that feels healthy. I can't wait to have some guy run his hands through mine, so he can be in awe of how smooth it feels (still working on this...ha). Seriously, if the cost is an issue and you're wondering if it's worth it, get it (maybe you need the push of having some discount--you can get 10-20% cashback for beauty.com on bing.com). If you have long hair, think about getting a larger size than the handy (the one I have). That's the only complaint I have, that I got the handy rather than a larger one.

I've had mine for five years and it's still doing a great job. I have fine hair but the pocket bristle brush never gives me static. It is pricey, but on cost per use basis, it's a worthwhile investment. I also like the cleaning brush that it comes with.

Top Rated Mason Pearson Products