August 28, 2014 | 1409 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - UV Expert SPF 50

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2005 7:46:00 AM More reviews by CaptainBrannigan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is it just me, or does Lancome UV Expert SPF50/PA+++ has exactly the same texture and feels exactly the same on the skin as L'Oreal UV Perfect SPF50/PA+++ (ALSO contains Mexoryl XL and SX, titanium dioxide, vit C derivative, vit E, etc)?
Both available in 30mL tube.
I received Lancome UV Expert SPF50 as a gwp.
Feels nice and light, but gives my face a greasy-looking shine. And the prize of this product is too much.
I'm sticking with L'Oreal UV Perfect, albeit I don't like the shininess it gives, I like its sun-protection property. And it's much much more affordable than Lancome UV Expert (I stock up L'Oreal UVP from Jakarta for about US$6/30mL tube, as they have their own company that manufactures L'Oreal products).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2005 2:17:00 AM More reviews by tramssmart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

toooooo... oily for me. it makes my face shiny all the day, not the matte finish as it says in its package. A little bit expensive too. i'd rather prefer Clinique's cityblock instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by wangleehom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the worst sunscreen l've ever use. After l'm back from the campin with using this sunscreen,
my face looks so bad. lt has wrinkle and more dark spot. l apply it evey 4 hours but it doesn't protect my face enough. Now l would change this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 9:05:00 PM More reviews by susiejung

The absolute best sunscreen on the market. I have comb Asian skin with some large pores and this is silky yet non-greasy and doesn't block my pores. I have no problem with makeup sliding off and the semi-flat squeeze tube is perfect for travel too. The ONLY downside is that I believe it is only availble in Asia and is quite expensive (~$45-55) but the smal tube lasts about 4 months for me so it isn't too bad! Feel free to drop me a note if you have questions!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2004 5:53:00 AM More reviews by helethea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

got a shock that it is so expensive!!! well, it has a v light moisturizing base so it can replace my usual moisturizer.but its not oily for my face at all. found it to be quite good since i haven develop any irritation. but am switching to using it for my eyes to protect them from wrinkles n circles caused by the sun. think my original moisturizer still returns a better face texture

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great UVA/UVB sunscreen. Can spend time in the sun without aging or skin cancer concerns. No breakouts. Only downside is price. I think there is a comparable L'Oreal UV Perfect product that is less expensive. **UPDATE** Just read somewhere that this only has a UVA protection factor of 8 and 10 is recommended for daily use. Yikes - minus two lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2004 6:37:00 AM More reviews by vividsenses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this high SPF sunscreen to protect me in the harsh Singapore sun. Was initially worried that it would be too thick, oily and harsh on my pale, extremely sensitive and oily skin. Took a risk as it caused S$67 for only 30ml and the SA was so snobbish and refused to give sample.

Lucky product turns out great. It has a soft and thin milky consistency that spreads easily. Light fragrance and didn't break me out, made me red or mask like. Even better than Clinique city block which I previously thought was the best but is still half used and lying in my make up bag.

Just hope lancome can lower the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2004 5:44:00 AM More reviews by reismione

i've combi & acne-prone skin. tis product makes my face shine big-time. not matte either. quite ex as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2004 7:56:00 PM More reviews by aaaron

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on the airplane home from Bali and was so excited. I was just starting to read more about the new chemical sunscreens in Europe. I had tried the Anthelios XL Lait (the fluide extreme wasn't around then) and found it unbearably sticky and greasy, more so than other sunscreens. When I tried the UV Expert on my hand it felt so incredibly light and watery. I was amazed because at the time everything else was rather heavy. I have fairly oily/shiny skin. However it does leave a shiny film on my face that needed to be matted down w/powder. After a while of using it I started liking it less. I couldn't even use it on my neck because of the stickiness factor. I can use the Photoderm Max for the neck & chest and that doesn't leave any stickiness in those areas. So as I liked the UV Expert SPF 50 in the beginning I have moved on to better sunscreens for my face. The UVA/UVB protection is great but it's just too shiny and sticky on my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 7:28:00 PM More reviews by echan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this sunscreen because of the raves. Now I understand why people love it so much! It has very high protection (both UVA and UVB) yet it is not greasy! Before I tried Lancome's UV expert SPF 50, I always thought the higher SPF/PA number the more greasy, but obviously Lancome's technology has changed this rule. I would wear this everyday this summer.