September 21, 2014 | 1912 users online

Deodorants - Kiss My Face - Liquid Rock Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the first natural deodorant i've tried that has actually worked.. it says fragrance free, but to me personally, it has a mild smell.. cant explain it.. nothing fruity or artificial.

i got a small size of this to try.. id def but the full size if i see it.. it applys wet and does take some time to dry. ive rubbed it in a few times and its still effective..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

This is the best natural deodorant I've used so far. Right now I'm using the patchouli scent (which fades, so don't panic about smelling like a Phish concert all day), which I got because patchouli has antibacterial properties, so that will aid the deodorizing. I don't love the sticky, but I don't notice any BO at any time of day. I feel better about using a natural deodorant, and I think it might work better since I have also stopped eating meat (but that's not scientific -- I read Alicia Silverstone's book, and that was an alleged benefit of non-meat eating). I also haven't traveled with it yet, so I can't speak to the packaging being a problem. Warmer weather will arrive soon, and I will be traveling, so I will re-review after.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by dearsinlee1

I finished my bottle of Lavender Liquid Rock before writing this review to give it a fair chance, in the Winter months even. And I have come to the conclusion that this is not effective at blocking odor (even on an off-gym day) and to add to insult I am allergic to something in it. A few weeks after purchasing this I noticed red streaks under my armpits where I had applied, it didn't burn/itch so I continued using...stupid I know. I have never had this reaction w/any deodorant I have tried before natural or loaded w/aluminum.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by amyc00per

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a few years after deciding to quit aluminum-based deoderants/anti-perspirants. I really like this product! It smells great (I've used lavender and unscented) and it does work for a full day- and I should know since I've been living in tropical climates without air conditioning for the past two years.

I had tried other 'natural' deoderants and found they did not work. I also tried this brand's solid deoderant but it doesn't work for me either (the roll-on has different ingredients, that's probably why). My only problem with this product is the packaging- it leaks when not upright so it can be a nightmare to travel with. I wrap the roll-on part with a small bit of cling film to deal with this problem, but I'd rather the company improve its packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by argentina_i

This has been my daily deodorant for about a year now. I've tried a lot of herbal/natural deodorants, and a lot seem to be ineffective. I wanted something that was aluminum free (although some people make the argument that the ingredients in this are as bad as aluminum, but I digress...), and found this.

Its extremely wet when you apply it (duh, its a roll-on) but it seems to take longer than a roll-on should to dry. So, if you're in a hurry in the mornings, its hard to use this deodorant because you can't just roll it on, pull on a shirt, and run out the door without your shirt getting a little wet. It works all day. Its NOT an anti-perspirant, per se, but it does seem to control my sweating regardless. While using this product, you won't smell, but you will sweat a little. I keep a stick herbal deodorant around too (doesn't work as well as the Liquid Rock, though) for those times when I want to re-apply before going out and don't want to wait for this product to dry.

The worst thing about this product is the packaging. It is HORRIBLE for traveling. The first time I took this with me, it leaked all over the place. If you want to take this anywhere, wrap it in cellophane and hope for the best because it WILL leak no matter how tightly you have it closed.

If you're looking for a natural, aluminum free deodorant that WORKS, try this product. Just don't travel with it and be prepared to let it dry after you apply it. As far as natural deodorants go, it is probably the best I have ever used.

EDIT: Forgot to add a note about scents. I've used the Lavender, which has a nice scent and is very mellow. Watch out for the patchouli though, it IS as strong as you think it would be :P

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I love natural products and I decided to try a natural deodorant, I bought a sample of this from vitaminshoppe.

If your a commercial deoderant kind of person I think you will be very dissapointed and possibly someone who sweats a lot. And if you like scented deodorant forget it.

This deoderant is a roll on, with a crystal liquid. It smells to me kind of like natural yogurt kinda pungent maybe a little bit rancid and dusty lol. I can't find the best words to describe it but thats how it smells to me.

In performance, it kinda didn't perform, no I wasn't in a hot sweaty club or working out but I mean I did sweat still, which is probably because this is NOT an anti-perspirant and its unscented so you will kind of smell like sweaty unscented sweat-not like BO but more like what the product smells like.

I am all for natural things and natural deodorant but I am gonna try to look for a good one that will work well. I want to try the actual rock crystal thing but I think it might do the same thing. There is also some sellers on etsy who do sell a deodorant but I forgot who they were. Ill update if i find them. Anyway, this is your under average deoderant for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by beturtlement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first started using this product, I was in love. I have issues with regular deodorants because of my extremely sensitive skin, so when this worked well I was ecstatic. But then, of course, after about two weeks, I broke out in a rash. :(

I have this 4 lippies 'cause for people who don't have extremely sensitive skin (even baby and hypoallergenic products break me out) will probably not have my issues.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by aidenraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Depending on how you look at it, I am either the ideal tester for deodorants or the worst.... I am determined to find a safe, natural deodorant, but have failed to find any that even work at a bare minimum. I have tried this in Lavender, and my husband is currently using the unscented. He's really satisfied with it, after a string of bad products. On me, conversely, I basically don't notice much of an effect. I still sweat as much as ever, and this has no odor masking affect- my sweat just smells faintly
of lavender.

I also dislike the wet-pits effect of roll-on deodorant. I just don't have the patience to wait for it to dry, and it rubs off on my clothing a fair bit. Lest you suspect that's why it didn't work, I have had the same effects when letting it dry for an hour before dressing.
Sigh....moving on.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by cerodwen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great product. I hope they keep making it in Lavender.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by predator2101

I tried it in different scents (Lavender, Patchouli & Unscented), My favorite one so far is Patchouli. i tried other natural brands, but their deodorants just wouldn't work for me. I still use antiperspirant if I need strong protection, but KMF deodorant works great for every day!