November 23, 2014 | 1591 users online

Deodorants - Kiss My Face - Liquid Rock Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This gave me a ton of irritation under my arms...and I've used rock deodorant before. Plus it's super wet and takes a really long time to dry. not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by gatoEK1Smalo

I have been curious for a while about natural aluminum free deodorants, but always thought they wouldn't be effective, at all! But I bought it compulsively one day and decided to give it a try.
To give this product a fair shot, I used it for a full day. Put it on early in the morning after showering, I must say this stuff goes on very wet and it's kinda messy for that reason (I am not used to roll-on deodorant so I'm not sure if this is always the case). I had to stand in front of my air conditioner with my arms in the air in order for this stuff to dry fast enough which was slightly annoying.
I went on about my day, shopping, running around in NYC humid summer weather (85 degrees today, eek). At first I didn't like the idea of deodorants since they don't keep you dry, they only neutralize odor, but after running around for a day, I stayed dry for the most part.
During the middle of the day, I noticed being really itchy under my arms and when I saw I had an irritation that stung to the touch. I was dying to get home and wash it off so the stinging could stop but after an hour or so the irritation went away, so I guess I can still use the product. Can't be sure the irritation will happen again.
This stuff also stayed effective while doing some household chores for a few hours.

It's close to bedtime and still dry and no odor and I must say I am impressed. Lasted a lot longer than I expected. I was expecting to reapply during the day and I didn't have to.

I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Natural deodorants have always been on my list of things to find, but have never really had great luck with. Figured these were worth a shot after reading the reviews on here. I've bought lavender first and patchouli after that. I used lavender for a few weeks and while I love the smell of it, I felt it fell short of odor blocking (for me anyhow). For someone who needs light odor control definitely try this. I was iffy about the patchouli version at first because while I generally like the scent of patchouli if you overdose on it you end up smelling like a hippy commune. This deodorant has a medium strength patchouli scent. Not too heavy, but not faint. You'll also want to let it dry before getting dressed otherwise it feels weird. I simply apply right after I get out of the shower and let it dry while I'm putting on all my skincare stuff.

This version is much better for odor control because it works with my body's natural scent and I end up with pleasant (mildly) earthy armpits. I ended up loving the scent. No reapplications midday and it really lasts all day. I get this for $6 at my local health food co-op, so it's reasonably priced. The real test will come this summer when it's 90+ degrees and the humidity is so thick you could cut it with a butter knife. So far it's HG material!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the first natural deodorant i've tried that has actually worked.. it says fragrance free, but to me personally, it has a mild smell.. cant explain it.. nothing fruity or artificial.

i got a small size of this to try.. id def but the full size if i see it.. it applys wet and does take some time to dry. ive rubbed it in a few times and its still effective..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

This is the best natural deodorant I've used so far. Right now I'm using the patchouli scent (which fades, so don't panic about smelling like a Phish concert all day), which I got because patchouli has antibacterial properties, so that will aid the deodorizing. I don't love the sticky, but I don't notice any BO at any time of day. I feel better about using a natural deodorant, and I think it might work better since I have also stopped eating meat (but that's not scientific -- I read Alicia Silverstone's book, and that was an alleged benefit of non-meat eating). I also haven't traveled with it yet, so I can't speak to the packaging being a problem. Warmer weather will arrive soon, and I will be traveling, so I will re-review after.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by dearsinlee1

I finished my bottle of Lavender Liquid Rock before writing this review to give it a fair chance, in the Winter months even. And I have come to the conclusion that this is not effective at blocking odor (even on an off-gym day) and to add to insult I am allergic to something in it. A few weeks after purchasing this I noticed red streaks under my armpits where I had applied, it didn't burn/itch so I continued using...stupid I know. I have never had this reaction w/any deodorant I have tried before natural or loaded w/aluminum.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by amyc00per

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a few years after deciding to quit aluminum-based deoderants/anti-perspirants. I really like this product! It smells great (I've used lavender and unscented) and it does work for a full day- and I should know since I've been living in tropical climates without air conditioning for the past two years.

I had tried other 'natural' deoderants and found they did not work. I also tried this brand's solid deoderant but it doesn't work for me either (the roll-on has different ingredients, that's probably why). My only problem with this product is the packaging- it leaks when not upright so it can be a nightmare to travel with. I wrap the roll-on part with a small bit of cling film to deal with this problem, but I'd rather the company improve its packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by argentina_i

This has been my daily deodorant for about a year now. I've tried a lot of herbal/natural deodorants, and a lot seem to be ineffective. I wanted something that was aluminum free (although some people make the argument that the ingredients in this are as bad as aluminum, but I digress...), and found this.

Its extremely wet when you apply it (duh, its a roll-on) but it seems to take longer than a roll-on should to dry. So, if you're in a hurry in the mornings, its hard to use this deodorant because you can't just roll it on, pull on a shirt, and run out the door without your shirt getting a little wet. It works all day. Its NOT an anti-perspirant, per se, but it does seem to control my sweating regardless. While using this product, you won't smell, but you will sweat a little. I keep a stick herbal deodorant around too (doesn't work as well as the Liquid Rock, though) for those times when I want to re-apply before going out and don't want to wait for this product to dry.

The worst thing about this product is the packaging. It is HORRIBLE for traveling. The first time I took this with me, it leaked all over the place. If you want to take this anywhere, wrap it in cellophane and hope for the best because it WILL leak no matter how tightly you have it closed.

If you're looking for a natural, aluminum free deodorant that WORKS, try this product. Just don't travel with it and be prepared to let it dry after you apply it. As far as natural deodorants go, it is probably the best I have ever used.

EDIT: Forgot to add a note about scents. I've used the Lavender, which has a nice scent and is very mellow. Watch out for the patchouli though, it IS as strong as you think it would be :P

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I love natural products and I decided to try a natural deodorant, I bought a sample of this from vitaminshoppe.

If your a commercial deoderant kind of person I think you will be very dissapointed and possibly someone who sweats a lot. And if you like scented deodorant forget it.

This deoderant is a roll on, with a crystal liquid. It smells to me kind of like natural yogurt kinda pungent maybe a little bit rancid and dusty lol. I can't find the best words to describe it but thats how it smells to me.

In performance, it kinda didn't perform, no I wasn't in a hot sweaty club or working out but I mean I did sweat still, which is probably because this is NOT an anti-perspirant and its unscented so you will kind of smell like sweaty unscented sweat-not like BO but more like what the product smells like.

I am all for natural things and natural deodorant but I am gonna try to look for a good one that will work well. I want to try the actual rock crystal thing but I think it might do the same thing. There is also some sellers on etsy who do sell a deodorant but I forgot who they were. Ill update if i find them. Anyway, this is your under average deoderant for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by beturtlement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first started using this product, I was in love. I have issues with regular deodorants because of my extremely sensitive skin, so when this worked well I was ecstatic. But then, of course, after about two weeks, I broke out in a rash. :(

I have this 4 lippies 'cause for people who don't have extremely sensitive skin (even baby and hypoallergenic products break me out) will probably not have my issues.