Make Up For Ever Eye shadows

4.4

Mica,Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Talc, Dimethicone, Koolin, Zinc Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitain Sesquioleate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, [ /-CI77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI77499 (Iron Oxide), CI1140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77007 (Ultramarines), CI77491 (Iron Oxides), CI77492 (Iron Oxides), CI77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI75470 (Carmine), CI42090 (Blue 1 Lake), AI5402/01

on 5/9/2009 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The packaging got knocked down a notch because they're difficult to open and I'm afraid I'll dig my nail into it trying to open it. These are gorgeous and they stay put all day! Basically that means you'd better move fast in the blending process. Oh how mesmerizing!

on 4/27/2009 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I recently ordered #76 (beige) #3 (Eggshell) and #161 (cinnamon). They are all matte finish and are definitely not like any matte eyeshadows I've ever tried. #3 is great highlight and blending color. #76 is the all-purpose beige color and #161 is actually a blush not a shadow. They are very silky and pigmented. They have nylon in them which would explain why they go on so creamy. They are very pigmented, and have a different finish than Mac matte or Urban Decay matte shadows. They are a bit pricey, their shadows are a lot larger than MAC or Urban Decay. I recommend giving them a try!

on 4/25/2009 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

hands down the best shadows on the market. These babies leave mac in the duct, sorry. High pigment, breathtaking color range and cheap for the quality, these babies are the real deal. Sleek packaging and a plus because it's magnetic so that if you buy an empty mufe palette you can pop these babies right out and place them in the palette. My HG shadows.

on 3/29/2009 7:52:00 PM

The best thing about these eye shadows are the colors--it's nice to find things that don't have sparkle, shimmer and glitter in them for a natural look. I'm always looking for shades of violet- or rose-based brown to emphasize the natural color around my eyes, while also complimenting my skin and natural hair. Stila generally has good shades but I couldn't find the one I wanted, and Sonia Kashuk has good colors, but unfortunately there are no easily accessible Target stores in San Fran if you don't have a car. I spent about half an hour milling around Sephora until I found this. #164 is perfect, a matte, rosy light brown that is perfect with a peach blush (the picture at sephora.com is significantly lighter and nothing close to the color I have, so don't go by that).They don't crease which is very nice, but they don't stay on too well, so a primer is needed.

on 3/27/2009 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I bought #112 (Dusty Rose) to use as a blush and it is tied as my HG blush, puts almost all of my other blushes to shame! (I have one Lise Watier Fard a Joues en poudre Blush-On Powder "Rose Cachemire" that is very similar to this, a shade cooler with a tinge of shimmer) It is the perfect mesh of peach and pink on my NC/W 15 skin, isn't powdery at all, goes on like a dream. The salesperson told me that the eye-shadows and the blushes are all formulated the same way and can be used interchangeably.

I was looking for something light, as all my other blushes were starting to look a little bright and dark, the lighter my skin got from staying out of the sun. This fits the bill perfectly and gives me that "Just in from the cold" or "Just been kissing" look, which at my age, is pretty lovely. It reminds me of the shade you would see on a lot of fair actresses: a light flush that looks healthy, flirty, feminine and not overdone. I feel absolutely gorgeous in this blush and admit that the vast majority of my other blushes (almost entirely Mac) don't get much play since I found this one.

I am rarely one to care about the look of packaging, but the packaging is bloody annoying. When I first bought it I was so enamoured I wanted to open it on the street, but I was terrified I would drop it as I tugged at the magnetic opening. It's not a "snap" as they say. And, because I am using an eyeshadow as a blush, it's a smaller circle and so I have to dab my blush brush around in little dots to make sure I get an even amount on my brush, or else I will get a streaky look.

Nevertheless, it's such a gorgeous shade. I do wish they would put this shade into a blush container as I go through many little eyeshadows. Will repurchase "forever"

on 3/26/2009 12:58:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this eyeshadow. I have #'s 127 and 165 and I can use them for about 99% of the looks I want to create because they are so nicely pigmented and build/blend so beautifully. They last so long and I love the texture, soft and satiny without being drying. And since the color is so dense I don't need to use a lot, and each disc lasts me months, which is the only way I can justify the price. (Even so, $18 hurts! I knocked a lippie off because of it.) Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I can't get the magnetic latch on the packaging open right away, but on the flip side, that same latch means that I never, ever have eyeshadow all over my makeup bag like with plastic latches.

I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my gosh. I have this in Diamond Shadow, and I want the rainbow matte palette, but its sooo expensive. I love this eyeshadow! Way expensive but worth it. So pigmented and easy to blend! Love this beyond belief-go to Sephora and you'll want to try all the colors-so many and so vibrant! And I love there false lashes-amazing variety.

on 1/23/2009 8:07:00 PM

I like all their color selections,, and great price!! not crazy about the packaging.... boring!!! I

on 1/23/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this eyeshadow!! Comes in a million different varieties. Its texture is amazing - so soft and satiny, it feels delicious on your eyelids. It doesn't dry my eyelids out, and paired with UD primer, it stays put all day long. I bought it in 156 for my ultra natural days, just brightens my whole eye. Kind of expensive, but it does last and it looks beautiful.

on 1/12/2009 1:14:00 PM

While I love the pigmented texture my only gripe is with the packaging it is kind of hard to open and ruins your nails. I found the trick is pressing my thumb pad against the middle top part of the lid helps as it is magnetized (there is no latch) and bracing with my middle finger helps. Also I would like to see a mirror if I am going to pay $20 for a single shadow. Yes I am getting picky in my 'old age' and in these hard times more budget conscious. 4 four stars anyway for texture and pigment. Would repurchase if they had more matte or semi matte shades.

PS Thank you to the generous swapper who was willing to let go so I could try this brand. The price always scared me away.