December 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Eye shadows

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by mira646

The best thing about these eye shadows are the colors--it's nice to find things that don't have sparkle, shimmer and glitter in them for a natural look. I'm always looking for shades of violet- or rose-based brown to emphasize the natural color around my eyes, while also complimenting my skin and natural hair. Stila generally has good shades but I couldn't find the one I wanted, and Sonia Kashuk has good colors, but unfortunately there are no easily accessible Target stores in San Fran if you don't have a car. I spent about half an hour milling around Sephora until I found this. #164 is perfect, a matte, rosy light brown that is perfect with a peach blush (the picture at sephora.com is significantly lighter and nothing close to the color I have, so don't go by that).They don't crease which is very nice, but they don't stay on too well, so a primer is needed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought #112 (Dusty Rose) to use as a blush and it is tied as my HG blush, puts almost all of my other blushes to shame! (I have one Lise Watier Fard a Joues en poudre Blush-On Powder "Rose Cachemire" that is very similar to this, a shade cooler with a tinge of shimmer) It is the perfect mesh of peach and pink on my NC/W 15 skin, isn't powdery at all, goes on like a dream. The salesperson told me that the eye-shadows and the blushes are all formulated the same way and can be used interchangeably.

I was looking for something light, as all my other blushes were starting to look a little bright and dark, the lighter my skin got from staying out of the sun. This fits the bill perfectly and gives me that "Just in from the cold" or "Just been kissing" look, which at my age, is pretty lovely. It reminds me of the shade you would see on a lot of fair actresses: a light flush that looks healthy, flirty, feminine and not overdone. I feel absolutely gorgeous in this blush and admit that the vast majority of my other blushes (almost entirely Mac) don't get much play since I found this one.

I am rarely one to care about the look of packaging, but the packaging is bloody annoying. When I first bought it I was so enamoured I wanted to open it on the street, but I was terrified I would drop it as I tugged at the magnetic opening. It's not a "snap" as they say. And, because I am using an eyeshadow as a blush, it's a smaller circle and so I have to dab my blush brush around in little dots to make sure I get an even amount on my brush, or else I will get a streaky look.

Nevertheless, it's such a gorgeous shade. I do wish they would put this shade into a blush container as I go through many little eyeshadows. Will repurchase "forever"

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by AnnaFish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, LOVE this eyeshadow. I have #'s 127 and 165 and I can use them for about 99% of the looks I want to create because they are so nicely pigmented and build/blend so beautifully. They last so long and I love the texture, soft and satiny without being drying. And since the color is so dense I don't need to use a lot, and each disc lasts me months, which is the only way I can justify the price. (Even so, $18 hurts! I knocked a lippie off because of it.) Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I can't get the magnetic latch on the packaging open right away, but on the flip side, that same latch means that I never, ever have eyeshadow all over my makeup bag like with plastic latches.

I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by xmakeupxcutiex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh. I have this in Diamond Shadow, and I want the rainbow matte palette, but its sooo expensive. I love this eyeshadow! Way expensive but worth it. So pigmented and easy to blend! Love this beyond belief-go to Sephora and you'll want to try all the colors-so many and so vibrant! And I love there false lashes-amazing variety.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by TVHostnModel

I like all their color selections,, and great price!! not crazy about the packaging.... boring!!! I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeshadow!! Comes in a million different varieties. Its texture is amazing - so soft and satiny, it feels delicious on your eyelids. It doesn't dry my eyelids out, and paired with UD primer, it stays put all day long. I bought it in 156 for my ultra natural days, just brightens my whole eye. Kind of expensive, but it does last and it looks beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I love the pigmented texture my only gripe is with the packaging it is kind of hard to open and ruins your nails. I found the trick is pressing my thumb pad against the middle top part of the lid helps as it is magnetized (there is no latch) and bracing with my middle finger helps. Also I would like to see a mirror if I am going to pay $20 for a single shadow. Yes I am getting picky in my 'old age' and in these hard times more budget conscious. 4 four stars anyway for texture and pigment. Would repurchase if they had more matte or semi matte shades.

PS Thank you to the generous swapper who was willing to let go so I could try this brand. The price always scared me away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 9:54:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MUFE products as a whole but their eyeshadows? They are even better than Stila in my mind because of the many colors they provide. Andthey are smooth and highly blendable. Cannot say enough good things about them as I have two full palettes (20 shadows) and I am getting up the eyeshadows not in the palettes to a number where I will have to get another one. Try them! They are expensive, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the diamond shadow in #311 which is a beautiful burgundy color. I was really debating as to whether I should get it (I've never/ and don't intend to spend $20 on one e/s for a long time), but I had a coupon from Sephora and decided to get it because of the great color. I use it wet, which enhances the color and it doesn't crease or fade. This is a great product, and they have a good variety of colors. i just don't want to shell out $20 for it again. It might not sound like a lot, but it is to a broke college student like me :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by stl

Great product, I love their colors. Stays on perfectly, doesn't crease. Better when applied wet.
I just don't like packaging very much, I often have nails marks as I try to hard to open it.