October 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CelloIsLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff. People complain about the smell, but it really just smells like lavender oil, which can smell pretty strong and "woodsy" up close. Lavender oil is good because it's antiseptic, and the other ingredients promote healing.
I use it pretty much everywhere-for cuts and scrapes, zits, even a bit for dry winter hands. I use OCM with coconut oil, and moisturize with a dab more of it. I find if I add a bit of this when I moisturize, it helps heal any existing zits and prevents more from appearing.
All in all, it has great natural ingredients and it works. It's not expensive, and it comes in the cutest little tin! It's really worth having in your purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent multi-purpose ointment that you should carry around with you. It does just about everything: cuts, bruises, zits, burns, and lots more. The natural herb ingredients speeds up healing process with no pains Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

wow! i love how this ointment helps with almost any flaw i have. it gets rid of acne, cuts ,burns, brusies and etc. i even tried using it as a under eye cream and it actually reduce dark circles too! it so crazy, crazy good!i would definately buy another one of this ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by michmy

I've been meaning to write a review for this - this ointment is a god send! it works for zits, bites, burns, dry lips - i can't think of what i haven't used this for! it helps calm just about everything. i had one of those cystic pimples coming up a week before my wedding day - i applied this 3x a day for 4 days and it helped with the redness and eventually the zit disappeared! i'm a total fan of burt bee's - almost all my lotions, creams, haircare products are from burt bee's.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Desiree12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this stuff because I've been trying to find more natural alternatives for the products I use now that have tons of chemicals in them. This is definitely an HG product already for me. I have these itchy flea bites that I've had for a few days and even though I used some hydrocortizone cream, the relief from it was not and wouldn't last. I literally swipped this green stuff on, and within a few minutes the itchiness and tightness of my skin went down dramatically. I'll be interested to see how it'll work for a blemish I picked at (ew). Also for any bruises I might get. Playing a contact sport, those things are inevitable...Anyway, give this stuff a try. It's 95% natural which is awesome, and it smells pretty good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by radar626

I had my doubts about the claims of this product. For a klutz like me, this has been a life saver. It takes care of small cuts, nicks, scrapes, bruises, burns, you name it. By the next day, the area is almost healed. I keep two tins in our medical supplies and one in the kitchen. I don't know how I got by without this stuff! P.s. Kids like it too. They like the way their boo-boos go away so fast!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by lilyazzy15

loveee it I have this in the kitchen for when I burn myself on accident. its amazing and makes the healing process faster. Also great for bruised and cuts! I am thinking of buying another one to put in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best product ever for bruises. I give it to everyone I know. If it seems I will get a bruise, I apply it immediately and no matter how bad it should be, it rarely even makes an appearance. Everyone should have this handy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Nicole583

This is my HG product for hangnails. I had a huge one that actually came from an accident with a cuticle trimmer when i was in a hurry. it turned into a swollen, peeling, scabby, infected mess that when about 1/4" down my finger from my nail bed. It was horrible and painful. I massaged this product into the hangnail several times a day. Probably every couple of hours and after every hand wash (which is not hard to do, cause the tiny little tin is perfect for keeping in your purse). I kid you not, 48 hours later, not so much as a scab or scar. You would never know it was there no matter how close you look. I'm now trying it on a pimple that I picked at (yes, I know I shouldn't do that. I've been doing so well at resisting lately!). Stand by for a play by play of how that works out :)

P.S. It also works as a great general cuticle cream even if you don't have a hangnail.

UPDATE: Works awesome for healing up pimples that you gave in and picked (if you're bad like me sometimes). Also works great for normal pimples too. Brings down the swelling and redness. Just wait for it to soak into your skin, or your makeup will apply weird over the spot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

A wonderful natural healer. I suffer from horribly dry, cracked, (what I like to call "grandma hands") in the winter. They are so painful and no matter how much lotion or gunk I apply, they are still cracking. Such a nice contrast to my oily face, I know. Anyway, I had some of this stuff lying around from the summer when I used it for bug bites with some success. I applied the Res-Q ointment at night before bed, and the lavender oil was soothing and relaxing to smell. It was also very greasy, so I tried to make sure I applied it to the top of my hands rather than on my palms. I don't know if I could use this during the day because it is so greasy. The next morning, my hands were significantly better. After a few days they were almost* healed, which is good considering that no other product ever came close so I'll accept them not being totally healed. When I stopped using the Res-Q ointment, my hands returned to their tumultuous winter state, but upon resuming usage they were in much better condition. I have used this before on bug bites and itchy, irritated skin all with good results. It is relatively affordable and will last a while. I will always have my Res-Q ointment on hand.