August 31, 2014 | 1359 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by MeowBG

I have been a Ponds girl for so long I can't remember when I first started using it. Ponds moisturizer is my HG of facial care products. Nothing moisturizes as well for me. I have even tried other skin care regimes' moisturizers and had to "top up" with Ponds as my skin didn't feel properly moisturized. I know it is not a fancy cream with a big price tag but I have not found anything quite as good. It's gentle, rich, scentless and inexpensive. What more could anyone want?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by erodrig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mother used this product all her life and has lovely skin. I use it along with ponds cold creme every night and it leaves my skin clean and soft. I put the cream on all my face and neck at night and morning before I put my makeup on. Wait a little bit, then apply your makeup. Feel the difference. You will never buy anything else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kirito

First of all, let me make it clear that I do have oily skin, so I can't really tell a difference with this products in terms of hydration because my skin never ever gets dry. I'm currently staying at a relative's house, and I ran out of my Nature Republic Soft Green Tea Cream, so I had to use this instead.

If you have oily skin like me, you really have to be careful with the amount of cream you put on. When I first used this, I put a decent amount on, and I woke up the next morning with extremely oily skin. I lightly tap a finger onto the surface of the cream and distribute that to a single area on my face; that's how little I have to use to prevent excessive sebum. I hate the smell of this cream especially though. It smells like a grandma, if you know what I mean.

The cream does the job, but obviously it is meant for dry skin, so that is why I desperately want my usual moisturizer back.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this moisturizer for years and am obsessed with it. I get super dry skin in the winter around my chin, nose and in between my eyebrows and this moisturizes those areas so well. If you have a problem with super dry, irritated, or peeling skin I would highly recommend this because your skin will look and feel way healthier after using this for about a week! I will say I only apply it at night after exfoliating and it does leave my skin looking and feeling greasy however in the morning my skin is radiant and well hydrated. I would only recommend this to people with dry skin because it is very rich.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product because my skin had dry patches due to the winter weather and a horrible experience with a cleanser.

This product does a fantastic job moisturizing. The dry patches on my face went away within a week after using it daily. My skin also became very soft and I like the smell of the product.

Unfortunately, this product takes a long time to absorb into my skin, which I think is because of the mineral oil. It also leaves a very oily and and heavy look and feel to my skin. After applying makeup, my skin would look very greasy. This product also started to break me out in whiteheads and pimples after a week or so.

Recently I have started using it on my body, and it does an excellent job keeping my skin moisturizer and doesn't give me body acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by karenthebear

I picked this up on a hurry because I need a moisturizer for traveling. And from the first application I knew that we were going to be best friends. After washing my face I apply it to moisturize my entire face. I usually tend to have dry areas around my nose. It's feels really good when applied to a freshly cleaned face. I feel like my skin absorbs it better this way. The smell doesn't really bother me. It's just a clean regular lotion smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by linds1985miller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have known about ponds dry skin cream since I was a little girl. I remember seeing it on my grandmothers bathroom counter all the time. She used this everyday up until she passed away at 87 and I see why. She had the most beautiful skin! Even when she was sick, the nurses would always compliment her skin. I started taking better care of my skin at 24 and started using this product. Now at 28, my skin is amazing!I use it everyday before make up and at night after washing my face. I know 28 is maybe a lil young to worry about wrinkles and lines but I think this product has kept my skin looking the way it did 4 years ago when I started using it , if not better. No one ever thinks I'm 28 and I love that lol. I'm a firm believer in moisturized skin wrinkles less and this product keep skin soft and balanced even in the cold winters we have in Ohio. I highly recommend ponds dry skin cream:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ack! My skin was flaking badly with the transition from summer to the dry winter, so I wanted something that could replenish moisture without breaking me out. This seemed like it would fit the bill based on the reviews, but the fragrance and other allergens in it were way too harsh for my sensitive skin. After only a few uses, I had itchy, inflamed patches on my neck, forehead and cheeks! Also, though I realize that was only a short period of time in which I used it, it did nothing to hydrate my skin. Although this seems like a good basic cream for a good price, if you have sensitive skin, avoid it! It's just too heavily perfumed. I had to throw it away. Try the St. Ives Collagen Elastin moisturizer in the tub instead - it has an even better 'skinglow' effect and doesn't irritate (at least my) skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd tub. I bought it when I moved from the humid tropics back to Seattle when it was turning winter. My skin was drying up, like literal flakes were just coming off and couldn't handle the cold.

My skin is combo, this worked well. Its super basic, I put it on at night and in the morning and my skin hydrated without any complicated stuff that most moisturisers claim to have. I've moved back to the tropics and I still use it.

I must admit it doesn't absorb very quickly and has a very slick texture at first, but as long as my skin is hydrated I don't really mind it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

Okay, I have only used this once so far, but I can tell I am going to be buying this for a looooooong time to come! It has a pleasant smell that isnt overpowering. It is not overly greasy ( I have combination skin so this is important). One of the biggest benefits is that it took all my eye makeup off in just two swipes! I put some on my eyebrows and upper lid, sat the very warm cloth over it then cleaned the makeup off! No pulling or tugging! I was using Jergen's all-purpose face cream, which I will still use, but I have to say this is imo hands down the best cold cream I have tried!!