July 23, 2014 | 2018 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by karenthebear

I picked this up on a hurry because I need a moisturizer for traveling. And from the first application I knew that we were going to be best friends. After washing my face I apply it to moisturize my entire face. I usually tend to have dry areas around my nose. It's feels really good when applied to a freshly cleaned face. I feel like my skin absorbs it better this way. The smell doesn't really bother me. It's just a clean regular lotion smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by linds1985miller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have known about ponds dry skin cream since I was a little girl. I remember seeing it on my grandmothers bathroom counter all the time. She used this everyday up until she passed away at 87 and I see why. She had the most beautiful skin! Even when she was sick, the nurses would always compliment her skin. I started taking better care of my skin at 24 and started using this product. Now at 28, my skin is amazing!I use it everyday before make up and at night after washing my face. I know 28 is maybe a lil young to worry about wrinkles and lines but I think this product has kept my skin looking the way it did 4 years ago when I started using it , if not better. No one ever thinks I'm 28 and I love that lol. I'm a firm believer in moisturized skin wrinkles less and this product keep skin soft and balanced even in the cold winters we have in Ohio. I highly recommend ponds dry skin cream:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ack! My skin was flaking badly with the transition from summer to the dry winter, so I wanted something that could replenish moisture without breaking me out. This seemed like it would fit the bill based on the reviews, but the fragrance and other allergens in it were way too harsh for my sensitive skin. After only a few uses, I had itchy, inflamed patches on my neck, forehead and cheeks! Also, though I realize that was only a short period of time in which I used it, it did nothing to hydrate my skin. Although this seems like a good basic cream for a good price, if you have sensitive skin, avoid it! It's just too heavily perfumed. I had to throw it away. Try the St. Ives Collagen Elastin moisturizer in the tub instead - it has an even better 'skinglow' effect and doesn't irritate (at least my) skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd tub. I bought it when I moved from the humid tropics back to Seattle when it was turning winter. My skin was drying up, like literal flakes were just coming off and couldn't handle the cold.

My skin is combo, this worked well. Its super basic, I put it on at night and in the morning and my skin hydrated without any complicated stuff that most moisturisers claim to have. I've moved back to the tropics and I still use it.

I must admit it doesn't absorb very quickly and has a very slick texture at first, but as long as my skin is hydrated I don't really mind it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

Okay, I have only used this once so far, but I can tell I am going to be buying this for a looooooong time to come! It has a pleasant smell that isnt overpowering. It is not overly greasy ( I have combination skin so this is important). One of the biggest benefits is that it took all my eye makeup off in just two swipes! I put some on my eyebrows and upper lid, sat the very warm cloth over it then cleaned the makeup off! No pulling or tugging! I was using Jergen's all-purpose face cream, which I will still use, but I have to say this is imo hands down the best cold cream I have tried!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like Ponds products I had good results with the Pink cream because my skin loves Niacinamide. Now with the colder weather my skin get's very dry and because I do peels, so I can have a little extra dryness. This works when my skin is flaking and tight. Just 4 little dabs and my face feels hydrated because it's a humectant it attracts moisture from the air. When I wake in the am my skin is soft and feels almost like new. Great little moisturizer for dry skin I'm glad I tried it. I bought the smaller jar since warmer months I'm oily so this is perfect to get me through the cold months. Recommended!

Update:
A little secret with this I use Muac Mandelic Acid 25%. Mix this with 2 drops of the acid and go to bed omgosh the next morning it's skin heaven! The combo of a super moisturizer with the acid diluted makes your skin glow and it fights acne at the same time, so to me it's a win, win. Definitely something to try if you do peels or have acne and are reaping the benefits of Mandelic Acid.:) or if you never used it try it with Ponds your skin feels so dang soft it works great even for sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by marimist

I used to never pay much attention to this moisturizer--mostly because it just looked a bit boring and it's been on shelves for such a long time. Now I understand why it's been around a long time--because it does the job.

I have a weird combo of very oily but flaky skin, but never used moisturizer regularly. I went to China a few months ago and my aunt, who is in her 60s but has skin like a 20-yr old, swore by this. So did many people there. I used this during my trip and my skin never felt better. It did make my skin a bit greasy after just 1 hour, but I just use oil paper blots and it felt so much better than having rough flaky oily skin. I've been using this for a month now twice a day, and I noticed I rarely break out now, so I'm very happy with it.

The only negatives are the smell, which I'm not too crazy about, and the packaging. I'd rather have it in a bottle, as the pot may be more susceptible to bacteria/germs.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Kluv14

My skin gets really dry during the winter and this helped a lot!! It's very moisturizing and the fragrance isn't that strong. I've been using this for 2 years and I always keep buying it, it's a GREAT product for DRY skin

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by katb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

worked so great at first! i loved it! woke up the next morning with glowing skin. then for some reason i started breaking out, and i think it was from this and the ponds cold creme =( sadly did not work for my skin. also, i started getting these skin colored bumps

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those creams that are good to have around. A thick, clean-smelling skin quencher.. It's a classic for a reason. I've been using it nightly in conjunction with my retin-a for about two weeks now and have had zero issues with irritation or breakouts! Some people complain about the fragrance, but I honestly find the smell to be quite comforting. It's powdery and fresh, exactly what I want to smell like right out of the shower. You can also use this product, an a snap, to take off eye-makeup. I know the actual cold cream would be better-suited for this, but there are times when I'm traveling and I only wish to take one tub. With that said, the packaging leaves much to be desired. However, I feel like it wouldn't be the same squeezing my favorite moisturizer out of a tube! Try it -- for the inexpensive price and skin-quenching abilities I'd say its a keeper.