July 24, 2014 | 1763 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by strangechild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Simply wonderful stuff. I use it daily in the shower to exfoliate my super oily face and it is a miracle worker. The smell is nice, the granules are fine enough that they don't irritate my skin, but still manage to get rid of the dry skin on my forehead and nose. It leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed, shine & debris free but not raw or tight. A flip top lid would be nice but luckily I saved one from a different product and it fits perfectly. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I saw this scrub at Sally Beauty Supply and thought I would try it out..Usually I use St. Ives Apricot scrub. This is way better! The granules that exfoliate your face are a very fine texture and not as rough as the St. Ives scrub. This scrub only cost maybe $1 more than St. Ives, and the only thing I wish was different was the lid. You have to unscrew the lid to use the product, where a flip-top to squeeze out the scrub would be much nicer. I will definitely re-purchase this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the fact that this stuff is not so rough. St Ives apricot scrub is very harsh on my skin and it really irritates breakouts. Mint Julep is gentle enough to use daily and not cause excessive inflammation or redness to my breakouts. It will be hard to top this stuff with anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by bigdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as an extra in a swap a few weeks ago. I've used this every morning since then, and while it doesn't really help with the flaky skin I get due to using Duac Once Daily Topical Gel at night, it smells awesome and has really fine granules that are perfect as they are not too harsh for daily use :)
I probably wouldn't buy again due to the fact you get a lot and only need a small amount for the entire face, and because it doesn't help eliminate the dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I accidentally bought this facial scrub-- I really wanted the mask, because I've got more tubes of apricot scrub than I know what to do with! Basically, this is a nice alternative to various apricot scrubs. It exfoliates. It smells nice (the mint is refreshing in the summer). Overall, I think it's more gentle than the St. Ives apricot scrub, but nevertheless I primarily use it on my neck, chest, and upper back, rather than my face, though, as I find that it is a bit much for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by karlababyx3

I LOVE THIS! the grains in this scrub are perfect, they're not too harsh on the skin, i was originally using saint ives apricot scrub but i was told the grains are too harsh for your face and cause eventually cause damage. The grains on this are gentle and exfoliate. I love the smell, my face feels amazing and refreshed once i rinse it off, definatly affordable at ulta or sallys. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Kexner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My 47 yo skin and my 14 yo twin daughters skin both benefit from this gentle, but extremely effective scrub. We keep a tube in the shower and along with our J & J Head to Toe Wash they keep our skin in great shape! A must buy for a manual scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by kaisze

I live in Canada and this is what I found at the local Sally's. I wanted the Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque but they do not sell it here. By far this is the best exfoliator I have ever tried! It makes my skin feel extra clean and when applying my moisturizer afterwards it feels so silky smooth. On the back of the tube it says that you can use it daily but I still only use it about 1-2 times a week, depending on my the state of my skin. The granules are a great size not to big and scratchy but also not too small- I definitely feel and see a big difference after using this scrub. I usually use it before I go to bed and in the morning my skin is glowing! I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I looooove this scrub! I have good skin to start out with, an occasional pimple here or there. I do have little bumps on the side of my cheeks that you can feel but not see. This helps my little bumps! It exfoliates my skin nicely without being too harsh. I really like how it lathers after a couple of minutes. It leaves my skin soft and not tight or dry. This didn't give me any breakouts or a bad reaction. I will definitely repurchase this! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

This is my new go-to scrub! I love love love it. It is difficult to find a scrub with very tiny "granules" or whatever you want to call them. This is more like a paste, which is how I like it. Not large sugar/salt like pieces, but fine (crushed walnut shells, actually) bits that are perfect for exfoliating.

For those who complain that it tore up their face - they do make one for more sensitive skin as well that would probably be more up your alley!