October 25, 2014 | 1840 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Glossy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a great find this was. Gives a real nice shine and has a light watermelon smell but it really does a great job on my hair - the price is great at 5 bucks however, I am having a hard time finding this - I see Got 2 Be products in supermarkets, KMART, Target, and Walmart, etc. but yet never find the Glossy - I only found this at a discount beauty store but they only had 3 bottles in stock and could not tell me when or if they were getting more - bummer, hopefully I can find more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by julia_s

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Having decided to look for a silicone serum that wouldn't leave my wallet empty, I bought this product based on a recommendation from the Cosmetic Cop website. It was a great choice!
This product makes my hair less frizzy, much easier to comb through and style, plus it gives great shine! Having tried a salon serum that was almost three times as expensive, I can honestly say that this product offers equal (if not better) quality at a superior price.
This being said, a little goes a long way and the product is best applied to the ends and mid sections of the hair only, to avoid greasy looking strands. And to those who avoid silicone like the plague - lighten up ; ) With the exception of allergic reactions (which can happen with ANY ingredient) I have consistently found cones to be my hair's best friends ; )

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Katou

I really like this gloss. I use it on my curly hair whether it's wet or dry. It calms down the frizzies. I straighten my hair with this and it covers what looks damaged and make it looks shiny & silky. Plus, it smells awesome & it makes your hair subtle soft. I love it. Except it does make your hands slippery, but you just have to wash it twice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ravenlocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It works best for me when I use it in the shower. After conditioning, I put a small dollop in my palm, rub my hands together, and distribute evenly throughout my hair. I give a short rinse and that's it! My comb-thru is easy, and my hair styles into a shiny, glossy look. I have naturally coarse, frizzy hair that straightens very well. My main goal for using this is to lock in some moisture and keep my hair protected. I need to use a clarifying shampoo once a week. Overall, I'm very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by velardi

I usuallly use this product on my hair after straightening on rainy or humid days or when my hair is just not cooperating. I really like the texture of it, though it leaves my hands a bit slippery even after I wash it off. I tend to only apply it to the ends of my hair, but then I will tousle the rest of my hair and my roots with whatever is left over on my fingers, which I find is enough for those parts of my hair. The ends of my hair are dead and dry, and it works wonders on them. It keeps them straight, piecey (the way I like it), and free from flipping and frizz. Worked well in high humidity!! I also adore the fact that it smells like watermelon. It leaves my hair looking so much less greasy than Frizz-Ease serum ever did. Would buy again if it was ever necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by swirl

This is pretty good, it's just as good if not better than some of the higher end serums I've used. It does seem a bit heavy so I think it might weigh down fine hair. I dont' like the scent but it goes away quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2006 5:37:00 PM More reviews by elvenmaiden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just like tkalex said this product works really great for those of us with thick wavy hair. Without this stuff my hair would have way more volume than I want or looks good. It helps tame the frizzies and smooth everything out. Just be careful not to get too much. It really doesn't take much even with my thick hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by tkalex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For those of us with thick, wavy hair, this product is excellent. It weighs hair down just enough to keep it smooth and controlled while also creating lots of shine. Just be sure to use a clarifying shampoo regularly, and you'll be good to go! Container is awesome, price is even better.

UPDATE: I do like this product, and my son, who also has thick, wavy hair, still uses it, but it's a bit too heavy for me. I have switched over to Bumble & Bumble Brilliantine, which is like a lighter, creamier version of this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by aizan19

It works fairly well to decrease frizz, but sometimes it ends up making hair look greasy rather than shiny. It smells good [like rosewater] and is pretty useful for taming my frizzy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by blackholesun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the BEST anti-frizz product I ever tried. And trust me, I have tried A LOT. I bought it because the bottle said I could use it on dry hair or wet hair, unlike lots of other products. I loved it right away. In a matter of seconds, the frizz went away, my hair looked shiny, and smelled good! It also helps with the flat iron. I just bought a second bottle the other day - this is the first time I ever bought a second bottle of any product!! I find that they never do what they promise they do, so I try another brand... but not this time.

I guess it won't work on everyone, but you must at least try it. It's reaaally not expensive! And it works better than frizz-ease, which I have but don't care much about. But there IS a downside to this product: If you put too much on your dry hair, it will look greasy and weird.