September 19, 2014 | 976 users online

Eyeliner - BeneFit Cosmetics - Eye Bright

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Almaddox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually quite like this product for an inner corner highlight. I don't think its worth it though to buy it when you can use a champagne colored eyeshadow and it works just fine. It also is very hard to sharpen, but it works fine and i will definitely use it up

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by 214770cms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased benefit's eye bright about a year ago, so I've had a considerable amount of time to test it out. Honestly, it's okay. Used as an inner corner or brow highlight, it works great. However, it you put it anywhere else, it settles into lines and looks greasy. I tried putting it underneath and on the outer corners of my eyes, and it looked really nice for about an hour, however after that, it creased and looked cakey. It made me look like I had wrinkles! I'm not even 18 yet, so obviously this is a problem!

If you want a nice highlight for your inner corners, go for it. However, if you're going to use it anywhere else, don't get this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I had this in the pencil form as well as a compact form which came in the Concealaholic palette. However, both packaging are deceiving and here is why. First off, the product is extremely dry, which makes it a pain to use in compact form since I have to warm it up on the back of my hand, which leads to product wastage. The dryness also makes it hard to use on my undereye area, since it's cakey and brings out the dryness of my skin even more. Secondly, it doesn't last once applied, either on the skin or on the waterline as a brightener. It cakes with my eye makeup (liner on the top lashline, shadow and mascara) and makes everything a mess. Two hours after application, my eye area looks dry and cakey, as if I slept in last night's makeup (and I always take care of my skin by washing off everything at the end of the day). This is just another gimmick from Benefit.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by lawla91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Pink-ish pencil, I really don't know how are we supposed to use this product, I've been told to use it on the eyes but I find it too drying and hard to rub evenly. However I think I found a DUPE for this, soap and glorys 'arch de Triumph', the highlight side is very similar to this pencil, except a little more powdery (but easier to smooth over, I find it less hard) and a little less pink. But it's very similar.
Whenever I use eyebright I use it in my inner corners, it brightens well but then again you can use any matt pink eye shadow, and I've also tried using it on my dark circles, but like I said before I couldn't smooth it over nicely it was harsh on my eyes and looked just a bit cakey.
I'd really love to know how to use it properly maybe there's a way I can get better use out of it but as of now, I'm not it's biggest fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first this pencil seemed okay for me, but after a course of 2 months, this pencil is overrated. For tan-deep tones, the color can be a bit too off to be blended in the tear ducts and brow bone, I'd go for a more light beige/peach for that. It DID make a nice brightener for the waterline, however, the lasting power doesn't cut it for me (about 1 hour, 2 if my eyes aren't that watery) and of course we all hate the fading chalky look on our eyes. The other day, someone actually asked me if I had baby powder in my eyes! How embarrassing!

**Update**
I finally tried it for the inner corners and browbone. One word: CHALKY. It goes on smoothly and blends out ok, but in the next couple of minutes it chalks and drags little pieces where you tried to blend it out. Awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover321

I love this so much. This makes my eyes look bigger and brighter. I look like i'm wide awake. The only thing i don't like is that this pencil cannot be sharpened. It is a very light pinkish color which makes your eyes stand out. I don't know what to do without this. When i finish this pencil i will definetly buy another one. I recommend this to people who would like bigger and bolder eyes. This pencil can also be used as a concealer because of its color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this on eBay for 3.50 and bought it along with the It Stick concealer, never really been interested in either of them but I thought as they are Benefit and they're for sale for cheap, I'd give them a go...
Now I'm not really sure what to do with this product, but after reading a few reviews it seems like a bit of a multitasker. What I have used mine for so far is as a highlight under the brow bone, which I absolutely love! I fill in my eyebrows and I find that it helps them to look a bit more natural instead of looking so heavy on my face. I also use it all over my lid when I'm wearing light eye make-up, such as just a mascara. I tried it on my waterline but wasn't too impressed, white eyeliner would work better. Overall I like Eye Bright, it does what it says on the label, but I could never justify paying the full price of 14 for it! Benefit's pricing is absolutely ridiculous. I'd recommend looking on eBay before going to a Benefit counter to buy this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This pale lavender-pink does brighten my bluish undereye circles. It's somewhat dry, though, so it's best used along with a creamy concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by 2manylipsticks

I have started to be cynical of all the "niche" products. But a make up artist used Eye Bright on me and I was shocked at the results. He called it a quick eye lift. I was so impressed I asked him to draw a picture of what he had done. He drew an upside down V just above and below my eyebrow. Rubbed in Eye Bright with his fingers. Then 3 "cat whiskers" just outside my eye. rubbed in well. One Verticle stripe under my eye from the tear duct. And a stripe down my nose. Give it a try on a night out.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the point of this product? I bought it because the pushy SA was being pushy. I hate BeneFit sales people, they really are annoying. Their products have been real misses for me too. This one in particular was a waste of money in my opinion because it is a matte light pink colour which did absolutely nothing to flatter my eyes at all, actually it made them look ugly. I tried using it first on the brow bone beneath the brow as directed and it was a horrible chalky waxy mess. I then tried to use it on the inner corners of my eyes, and again, made my eyes ugly and the product melted off in a matter of hours. Then I tried it on my waterline, as I was once advised to use a light colour (not white, as it is too harsh) on the waterline to open the eyes. It just did not work. This product was a mess to use, a nuisance to sharpen (being such a thick pencil), and ultimately ended up in the bin when I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Real disappointment.
For reference I have neutral medium skin with brown eyes. This might work for you if you have a different colouring?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No