September 21, 2014 | 1279 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solution

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Dittedip

I've been using these products for 1,5 months, and they haven't improved my skin condition at all. I don't have severe acne, but I always have between two and seven irregularities in my face. I think that after two weeks of use, my pores were minimized a lot - and that is the only upside I found about this product! It has made my skin extremely dry. Not even after two layers of lotion would it moistourize my scin properly. And I now have just as many irregularities if not more. :(

I am definitely not going to spend that much money on such a poor product again. My skin is thirsting for moisture!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the WORST product ever !! I started to get pimples when i was 16 yrs old,.,. i actually made my skin worst buy over cleansing my skin with acne products, see i never had acne to begin with , i created acne buy cleaning my skin to much ,in my mind i thought cleaning my skin more frequent will get rid of the pimples i have on my skin but actually it made me breakout more and my skin was dry and irritated,., that's when i found out over washing your skin is bad for acne ,i was desperate and sad so i checked on Cliniques website about the acne solutions and i really wanted to buy it , i thought this product was the one that will cure my problem ,I was WRONG!! i have oily skin and this thing dried my skin so bad especially the foam cleanser and when i put on the toner it made my skin really irritated , then i put the benzoyl peroxide lotion on my face and it felt like my skin was burning and it felt like i had a greasy residue , it made my skin 10 times worst and i got depress and i was crying because i felt like i wasn't myself anymore ,i didn't want to go to school and i actually missed days of school just because of my skin problem , i was sick and tired of these "acne products" that tell you that it will cure your skin and all it did was make your skin worse ,and i quit using all of it ,Just because it costs more doesn't mean it will work better ,., i started to wash my face with Chamomile Tea because my skin was really irritated, my skin cleared up quick when i started to use the chamomile tea and my friends also noticed , i weared less makeup too, then i started to research here on the internet about Acne and fill my mind with wisdom :) , If i can go back i would changed everything i did on my skin , i was horrible to my skin. I can stress this enough,., if you have acne on your skin DON'T use Harsh products it will only make it worse!! Don't believe that saying "that it will get worse before it gets better" its a complete Lie ,. the nicer you treat you skin the nicer your skin will look.,I learned my lesson ,.,

Now i treat my skin gentle , i try using natural products to clean my skin like greek yogurt, green tea , oatmeal and chamomile tea , and to get rid of my makeup i use a Gentle cleanser called Purpose cleanser , but i don't rub on my skin i touch it as gentle as possible, and for spot treatment i use Acne.org Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, i also moisturizer my skin ,.,,eating healthy is also a big role for you skin eat fruits and veggies,. i also drink green tea ,chamomile tea and i drink fish oil pills and I drink a zinc supplement that is good for acne ,.,. and i had moderate acne when i was 16 , i had mild acne when i was 17 ,Now i have light acne and i'm 18 ,hopefully next yr i get clear skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Martina1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great formula BUT it might not work for everyone.
Let me tell you my experience.. I have a VERY oily skin with huge pores, probably a type 5 or 6 if they could exist in the clinique skin types. But in the same time my skin is sensitive and reddish. So I always had trouble to find decent products. Acne prone skin products were always too harsh and sensitive skin products way too rich and greasy for me.
In the past I used various cheap and mid-priced products (Neutrogena,Nivea,Clearasil,Clean and Clear,Johnson & Johnson,Vichy,Loreal,Garnier) and none of them was ideal. Normaderm by Vichy was pretty good though.
After a friend's suggestion who is obssesed with Clinique,I decided to give it a shot and go for this luxurious (bit pricey) treatment.
Step 1 : The Foam Cleanser is GREAT. So mild but SO effective. It cleans gently your face and removes excessive oil,sebum and impurities.
Step 2 : Well..I'm confused here. The Clarifying Lotion is pretty harsh and provoked the redness on my face!! It really absorbs oil though and removes impurities that cannot be seen with the eye.
Step 3 : Wonderful smell(some users say that it smells chemical...seriously??) and light texture,ideal for oily skin. It feels so smooth and it is quickly absorbed.

I am already using it 1.5 monts now and although Clinique is a brand mostly famous for its effective 3 Step Products,I have to say that I am quite disappointed. Each product individually,seems to be very good,but the result is not what I expected.
My face flared up. I got so many pimples and large bumps!!! I really worried that my skin is ruined for good. I haven't seen my face like this since junior highschool. Even my mother noticed that I was having noticeable more pimples. Before using the set,my face was pretty clear,oily of course and only 2 or 3 pimples occured,which was easy to cover them.
I want to think that I am just purging and that the impurities are coming to the surface,otherwise I can't explain what is going wrong.
I keep on using the set because I want to give it a shot,and because I feel that the products are cleaning my face so good.
A big pro is that they minimize the pores and the oilness,which is great for me.
I will certainly use them until they run out and then I will decide if I am going to buy another set. Perhaps I am going to purchase more natural products.
To sum up,I believe that they are a great choice but if you are expecting immediate results and a flawless skin,you are going to hate it. You have to be patient,tolerate the new arriving bumps and deal with the time that it is needed to see a clear face and reach your goal.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by cct

CLINIQUE ANTI BLEMISH SOAP BAR

I bought this after chatting to a very lovely Clinique saleswoman about my problem, combination/oily, breakout prone skin with dry patches. Not normally over-sensitive I opted for the soap bar as a cleanser for morning and night. Now, I'm usually dubious about a product that you can use on your face AND your body considering the skin is completely different on each area. However, I was only planning to use this on my face so went for it.

The packaging is beautiful. The soap dish is sturdy and lid stays on well. Initially the bar comes wrapped in silver paper with a little clinique sticker to seal which was also a nice touch.

The soap is completely fragrance free and doesn't leave your skin overly tight or dry as you would expect (at first).

The morning after first use I woke up to dull, flaky skin - so dull that it looked grey despite my night time moisturiser. Any current blemishes looked no different.

I am now sitting here with my face covered in big, red, swollen angry looking spots which aren't shifting. My whole face is also sore and red. It had also been flaky and dry but thanks to an emergency purchase of Elemental Herbology Moisture Milk that factor has disappeared!

One thing that attracted me to this product is that 'apparently' it doesn't actually purge the skin, rather it diminishes current pimples and prevents more from occurring.

I'm not sure if the non-purging detail was misinformation or not but I have stopped using this product and certainly won't be buying it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sophiehunt1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I've had oily skin and acne (varying from medium to pretty severe) all throughout my teens and into my early twenties. A course of the notorious Roaccutane had cleared it aged 19 and certain contraceptive pills had kept it under control since, but recently, aged 24 it was getting to the point where I had at least 5/6 visible swollen (sometimes whitehead) blemishes on my face at any time. I felt too grown up to still have teenage skin!

All I can say about skincare I had used in the past (everything from Neutrogena wash to benzoyl peroxide lotion supplied by my GP) was that at best it didn't make things worse. I never felt anything made things better though.

I was skeptical about in-depth skincare routines - my mum is a soap-and-water, dab of Nivea woman and has lovely skin - I didn't believe spending lots of money would solve anything.

A couple of months ago I had had enough and caved, feeling flash went to Debenhams to talk to the Clinique lady (who was so helpful, sympathic and lovely). She sold me the starter pack (30) so that if I found it didn't work I wouldn't have spent like 55 on the big set. She also gave me a sample travel pack so I got basically the same again for free, but with a soap bar not foam wash.

4 months later and my skin is COMPLETELY CLEAR. And has been for 3.5 months! It started working after about 2 weeks of religiously following the 3 steps morning and night. After then sometimes my skin got a little dry, tight and flaky, but if this happens I leave out one step for a couple of days and use a facial brush (nice soft ones in Boots) to gently exfoliate to get rid of the flakes.

PACKAGING: Good, sturdy, well made. Only thing I'd change is I'd have a flip top on the clarifying lotion as it's a bit awkward and I tend to drop it a lot trying to get it back on with one hand whilst holding the cotton wool!

FOAMING FACIAL WASH: first impressions - smells a bit funny (like cheese?!) and your hands and face need to be wet, but lathers up nicely and leaves skin feeling refreshed.

BODY AND FACE BAR: lathers up really, really well - my fiance uses this to shave with if he's out of foam. Nice and gentle but very effective - good to use on your chest/back in summer if you get spots there, too.

CLARIFYING LOTION: this is an absolute GEM of a product - it's so good to see the dirt/makeup coming off your face onto the cotton wool, even after you've washed it - so you don't go to bed with it sitting there clogging up your pores! This exfoliates your skin gently and if you have any spots threatening to pop up, this sorts them right out. Minimises pores, too!

MOISTURISER: first impressions are, what the hell is this, it smells clinical and is a strange consistency but TRUST ME - STICK WITH IT! Use it sparingly. Makeup goes over it easily once it's settled in after 5 minutes (I use the foundation in this range too, which is ACE). It controls my shine throughout the day whereas before my face would be an oilslick as soon as the sunlight hit it. I use it in the morning and evening too if I have any visible beginnings of spots, which never get any further. If not I use Aveeno positively radiant night cream, which doesn't aggravate my skin and gives it a moisture boost.

YES this system is pricey, but my first lot of starter pack and samples lasted 4 months - so if you use sensibly it can last a long time and it's worth it for something that works. It's not an instant fix but when it starts to work, it WORKS. Like a treat! Clinique like to give you freebies too so you can get more for your money if you go to the right places.

I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have rubbish, teenage skin my whole life and now it's just one less thing to worry about.

When my fiance kisses my face all over I am reminded how once that wouldn't have happened, and I am so happy. Thank you Clinique!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

this 3steps is more suitable for sensitive skin.not for acne prone skin.my face skin goes bad after using this product, I don't know wh
ether it goes bad due to changing the new skincare products, but my previous GARNIER skin care for acne prone skin is much better and cheaper than this 3steps.
However, I have to admit that all the products from this 3steps are soothe and calm but not to stop the pimples.Well, it doesn't combat the pimples not prevent the future acness, too.i hate it.my face now becomes very acne prone from slightly acne prone.and this 3steps are expensive,especially in my country.hate it.why i added 1 lippie rather than put only 1 lippie, because they soothe and remove dirt amazingly but not to combat the acnes.so, HATE IT!!!and the packaging are good.not easily broken and luxurious.
while it worked quite well when the skin consultants from clinique counter tested it on my hand skin. At first i was amazed and the consultant said it would work better on face skin because hand skin was thicker than face skin,but it was totally wrong.
My Garnier is much much much better and i'd prefer Clarins than this 3steps but I have to use up this products first before I purchase other skin solutions.
So please don't waste ur money to buy this 3steps.I'm dissapointed with this solutions.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by jassimcmae

i started using this about 1 week ago and let met tell you, my skin is breaking out really badly! hopefully im just 'purging', but if i am truly breaking out, then let me tell you, this product is definitely not good!! expensive too! and im get all kinds of pimples too sadly! white heads, cystic pimples!! argg... go elsewhere! not even drugstore brands have done this to my skin before :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by zohrane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG i am totally in love with Clinique's 3 step anti-blemish solution. I have super sensitive skin and for the past year have been using a cheap foundation that makes me mildly break out. About 2 months ago i started sufferring a more severe allergic reaction to it. Since stopping using the foundation the break outs have still been continuing and people at work have been asking me whats wrong with my face. Oh you can imagine my horror!

Anyway, 5 days ago i went to the Clinique counter in a panic and they sold me the anti-blemish 3 step solution and the foundation and told me if my skin is still breaking out in 2 weeks to bring back the products. Well 5 days have past and my skin is soooo clear. I still have marks from some of the bigger pimple blemishes i had, but that's probably more due to me picking at them.

Now the reason i only gave this a rating of 4 is because this product is extremely drying. But that's the point of it. It's filled with salicylic acid to get rid of the pimples. So i don't think i will be able to use this product long-term. In a few months i will purchase the Clinique 3 step for dry/combo skin and only use the anti blemish solution if i start breaking out again.

Oh and my other little quibble with this solution is how small the moisturiser is compared the big bottle of cleanser & massive bottle of toner. I think i will go through about 4 moisturisers before the toner even starts to look like its being used.

Overall this product has done exactly what i wanted it to do. Cleared my blemishes!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been purchasing these products for a few years and this has worked brilliantly for me. I used to get spots every month and I have really noticed a difference since using these. Now I will get one maybe every 6-12 months which I can live with. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It may not work for everyone but I think it is worth trying!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Nicola92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have consistent moderate acne, and after researching the dangers of prolonged used of BP I decided to switch to the anti-blemish solutions line, as a student it wasn't cheap to purchase but I wanted effective products. Using the whole line as guided made my oily skin excessively dry and flaky, while reducing the use and amount of the cleanser and toner used to prevent this was not effective enough to stop me breaking out. I have used this line for 3 months now and have been forced to switch back to BP to clear my skin up.