April 20, 2014 | 1733 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I absolutely love love this nail polish - by far one of my favorite by OPI! I actually picked this up to do a leopard print nail art design but when I put it on my nails I sort of just wanted leave my nails as they were. Its a gorgeous light beige shade with lots of shine and no glitter. Looks great on my skin tone and is very classic! As with all OPI nail polishes, the brush is great and I get a week out of my manicure before it starts to wear or chip. I had to use 3 coats to get the colour in the bottle but it didn't bubble up as I layered. It dries super fast and is decently priced at $9.99 a bottle.

This nail polish looks beautiful as a manicure or pedicure and I will always have this in my nail polish collection (so I will repurchase when I run out)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not the cheapest polish in the world but definitely worth it. Goes on smoothly, but does need 3 coats to be the opaque creamy nude I was looking for, however I quite enjoy doing my nails so it doesn't bother me! As always with OPI, lovely brush that makes application very quick and easy. I find this actually dries really fast - a lot quicker than Barry M (despite them being great polishes I stopped using them because they never seem to dry completely :/) I'm extremely pale and this nude looks great - not too pink, yellow or brown. Bit peachy-er than my skintone but this helps to avoid my hands looking dead! Perfect nude polish that I think would look great on almost any skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by CintiGrl42

Fresh, quiet, and yet head turning.
I first tried this polish while on my honeymoon in Mexico. I kept seeing girls with cute nude nail polish and I thought this was my ticket to success. Unfortunately, the bottle in the salon there was a bit browned and old. I was perturbed by Samoan Sand. Why did it look so weird on me? Why did I look like Betty Draper, but not really?
After months of stalking, I decided to give it another whirl. Now, I'm happy to say that Samoan Sand and I are in love. It is my nails, but amplified. It's chic and understated, but makes you take a second look as well. I play with the number of coats based on my mood, whether I want sheer or opaque. I was just ready to put on a deep color, but once I saw my nails with just basecoat, I caved for the Samoan Sand again.
I went through a long light pink/white phase. This is a neutral breath of fresh air to break the monotony.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely peachy nude. The consistency is a little thin compared to other OPI polishes, but creamy nonetheless. It works well for work environments as well as night scenes. The bottle I purchased was fairly cheap, about $4.50 on Amazon.com but I've seen it in stores for about $8.00. The packaging quality was great as with all OPI polishes. Overall I think it's a great buy and will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Cindyclayton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really like this nude. Slight peach undertones. 4 coats for the opacity I wanted. Takes forever to dry, even under Seche it was still tacky after 10 minutes. Don't paint close to bedtime :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

THE perfect nude polish! Ive have been on the search for the perfect nude forever and i thought OPI "let them eat rice cake" or Zoya "pandora" was gonna be it but they were too pinkish. I came across this polish on pinterest and i looked everywhere for weeks for it but everyone was sold out and by chance i got the last one at merle norman. I couldnt wait till i got home to use it and i was extremly satisfied. You do have to put three coats on but its so worth it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by stef1208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent nude. It takes about 3 coats to be really opaque, but well worth the time and effort!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a lover of dark nails, but this is the only nude polish I really use. It a perfect colour unlike other nudes which for me are too pink or too white. Its super shiny and lasts a long time without going dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a nude nail polish, long lasting and shiny, well don't look further! Samoan sand is a great great nude, suitable to all skintone, I have a light olivish skintone, and some nude nail polishes just look odd on me, but this one doesn't! it give a very polished look and since it's not completely opaque, can be modulated, 2 coats for a sheer nude effect, 3 coats for a semi-opaque nude effect!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is so not my color, and I only bought it because the local perfumery had four OPIs for the price of two, and this one was the only one left, I didn't already have in my collection. It thus spent the first six months of it's life with me in a closet while I was wondering to whom I could give it away. Then suddenly one day, after having spent three months in bright reds and oranges, I decided to give it a try myself. I'm so glad I did! Three coats got exactly the color of my tanned hands (I think two coats on top of "Mava White" will give the right color in winter), the application was easy, and the surface glossy even though it's a creme. I had to get used to the sight of my "mannequin nails" without any trace of color at all. The first day I wasn't sure I liked it, but it grew on me, and after a couple of days I loved it. I have never cared much for French manicures, and this one is a great alternative. It's equally versatile, far more discreet, and it does elongate the fingers in a way that no other colors do. The actual color is very difficult to describe. There just isn't much color at all. It's a beige, but I couldn't see any pink in it, and it wasn't yellow or grey either. But somhow it's exactly the lack of color that makes it so beautiful, understand it who might. Just for reference, I have pale, yellow skin, more or less the color of boiled pasta.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No