OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

on 5/1/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must admit, at first I was skeptical of this polish because I was beginning to think I'd never find the perfect 'nude' for me (NC25 Asian). Samoan Sand totally blew me away though. It's worth all the hype! I'd describe this as a very glossy, peachy-cream with a HINT of baby pink if you view it from a certain angle, but not enough to be noticeable to anyone but yourself.

The formula is sheer and runny compared to other OPI polishes. I love that it dries surprisingly quickly and comes with a fat brush, so it's easy to apply. I need 3 thin coats to get even coverage, and for a more sheer effect, I can get away with 2 coats. The finish is high-shine even without a top coat, which surprised me because it didn't look all that glossy in the bottle.

Overall, such a lovely nude color! Instantly one of my favorites. I think I will give up on my hunt for the perfect nude now.

on 4/26/2012 1:23:00 PM

My absolute favorite nude polish; it's elegant & classy. It's a dream to apply as well, no streaks at all w/ 2 coats.

on 4/23/2012 6:51:00 PM

After getting over the mannikin hands the first time you wear it, this nail polish is fabulous. It looks wonderful. I was after a creamy nude, with very little sparkle, flat in colour but elegant, sophisticated and clean looking and this is definitely it. I used to wear OPI Dulce de Leche but I like Samoan Sand more. So much so that I wore it for my wedding.

on 4/6/2012 2:47:00 AM

After an extensive search on the web for "the" nude nail polish, I found OPI's Samoan Sand. As a reference, my skintone is NC40 in the colder months and NC42 in the summer. I often forget to use sunscreen on my hands, so I am probably even darker than NC42 by August of each year.

This is a sheer, milky tan on my nails. I've seen it described as "peachy" but I don't get a peachy tone. It really is similar to the white and tan sands of the islands, Jamaica or Puerto Rico because it's tan with a touch of pink. No shimmer or anything. A creamy shiny nude.

Since I like to wear my nails no longer than the end of my fingertips. the over-sized OPI brush was a concern, however I find that if I take my time, I can cover the entire nail bed of each nail with one stroke. It's a transparent shade, so if I want something that's more opague, I just apply three coats. I really see myself being completely satisifed with this shade for Spring and Summer. Glad I found it!

on 2/10/2012 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Believe it or not this is my favourite OPI polish. How boring I am, haha. But I love how this works in any environment and goes with anything. It is a close match to my skin tone because of the yellowness in my skin. If you have light pinky hands this may make them look pinker. 3 coats are needed to get it opaque, but it lasts well.

on 1/27/2012 11:43:00 AM

A fantastic nude nail for me, takes 3 coats but lasts longer w/o chipping than most of my other polishes/

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love love this nail polish - by far one of my favorite by OPI! I actually picked this up to do a leopard print nail art design but when I put it on my nails I sort of just wanted leave my nails as they were. Its a gorgeous light beige shade with lots of shine and no glitter. Looks great on my skin tone and is very classic! As with all OPI nail polishes, the brush is great and I get a week out of my manicure before it starts to wear or chip. I had to use 3 coats to get the colour in the bottle but it didn't bubble up as I layered. It dries super fast and is decently priced at $9.99 a bottle.

This nail polish looks beautiful as a manicure or pedicure and I will always have this in my nail polish collection (so I will repurchase when I run out)

on 12/8/2011 7:13:00 PM

Not the cheapest polish in the world but definitely worth it. Goes on smoothly, but does need 3 coats to be the opaque creamy nude I was looking for, however I quite enjoy doing my nails so it doesn't bother me! As always with OPI, lovely brush that makes application very quick and easy. I find this actually dries really fast - a lot quicker than Barry M (despite them being great polishes I stopped using them because they never seem to dry completely :/) I'm extremely pale and this nude looks great - not too pink, yellow or brown. Bit peachy-er than my skintone but this helps to avoid my hands looking dead! Perfect nude polish that I think would look great on almost any skintone.

on 12/1/2011 10:33:00 PM

Fresh, quiet, and yet head turning.
I first tried this polish while on my honeymoon in Mexico. I kept seeing girls with cute nude nail polish and I thought this was my ticket to success. Unfortunately, the bottle in the salon there was a bit browned and old. I was perturbed by Samoan Sand. Why did it look so weird on me? Why did I look like Betty Draper, but not really?
After months of stalking, I decided to give it another whirl. Now, I'm happy to say that Samoan Sand and I are in love. It is my nails, but amplified. It's chic and understated, but makes you take a second look as well. I play with the number of coats based on my mood, whether I want sheer or opaque. I was just ready to put on a deep color, but once I saw my nails with just basecoat, I caved for the Samoan Sand again.
I went through a long light pink/white phase. This is a neutral breath of fresh air to break the monotony.

on 12/1/2011 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a lovely peachy nude. The consistency is a little thin compared to other OPI polishes, but creamy nonetheless. It works well for work environments as well as night scenes. The bottle I purchased was fairly cheap, about $4.50 on Amazon.com but I've seen it in stores for about $8.00. The packaging quality was great as with all OPI polishes. Overall I think it's a great buy and will be repurchasing.

Popular Polishes