November 25, 2014 | 1803 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by AnaItzel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have recently developed really problematic skin. Like, it's really dry around my nose and on my forehead. But my chin and cheeks get super oily. Anyway, I had breaking out a lot recently, and a friend of mine recommended this. I was so excited to buy it because I've heard amazing things about it. Plus it's super cheap. But after a week of using it, it made my dry areas even worse! I had red spots all over, and it was so itchy. It didn't really help my acne either. So I definitely wouldn't buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ariellelh7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this for about a week so I didn't give it 5 stars..yet. I will update my review in about another week since that's how long it takes for my skin to react to a cleanser. I needed this cleanser after having countless bad experiences with milky cleansers. I had been using a gel cleanser by yonka which dried me out horribly, but the milky cleanser along with another high end coconut milk cleanser broke me out despite the fact it was gentle. The milky ones would probably be better suited for dry skin, but mine is dehydrated and I know the two need different types of treatment. ANYWAY I had a hard time coping with the fact that my skin just does not like or react well to all natural products, because even though they are organic and good for the earth, my skin still had adverse reactions to the ingredients or fragrances. Sad face. I liked the cetaphil gentle cleanser back in the day but decided I wanted to try something even more basic, so I decided to give this bar non-soap cleanser a try. So far I like it a lot because I can use it on my body and face, and it does not make my skin itchy like some bars (ahem Dove soap). I can't believe a bar cleanser could be so gentle and non-irritating, because even the cetaphil gentle cleanser a times could leave me red. I still can't be sure if cetaphil is just a marketing ploy by skin companies and derms but it seems galderma, manufacturer of differin, kind of knows what it is doing. For people who are put off by the ingredients, Kiehls is no different despite their claim to be using ingredients from natural origin. Point is, give it a try if you have reactive, somewhat irritated or blemished skin like me, it will not make anything worse and may even improve the situation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm having to rewrite a lot of my reviews because at the time of writing them I had just given birth and my skin was all out of wack. After using this for a while I have come to the conclusion that this is truly a gentle cleansing soap. At night to remove my makeup I use a cream cleanser and in the morning I like to use a soap. This doesn't overly dry out my already dry skin. I don't feel excessivley tight, just clean. At first I did not like the smell but I have come to actually enjoy it. It was an aquired preference. I like this soap only downfall is that its almost $5 a bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this product. I have very sensitive, very dry skin. Cetaphil is one of the very few products that doesn't irritate my skin. I keep bar by all the sinks in the house and use it as hand soap as well as in the shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's really gentle!

After I used a horrible cleanser that left my skin with aching rashes, I used it, and after a couple of days my skin was back to what it was.

I think I'd always go back to this soap, even though it's not one of the best and doesn't do much for the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing has controlled my acne AND eczema better than this product. It is gentle enough not to irritate my sensitive skin, yet cleansing enough to clear up my acne. I use it for my face and body and it works wonderfully for both. It's also a steal at less than 4 dollars a bar (or 3 for about $9 in a value pack). Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this to shave my legs tonight and underarms (I'm a shaving gel kinda person but I ran out D:) My legs are super smooth and soft. Definite rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lauren931

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I used this product tonight for the very first time and I probably can't fully attest to how awesome it is just yet, but it is already making my very irritated skin feel so much better! I have hypersensitive skin and recently had a bad allergic reaction to some foundation. I started looking into products that may help heal my skin and so far, couldn't be happier with my choice. I used this product along with the original cetaphil moisturizer and once the lotion set it, my skin started to feel smooth, balanced, and noticeably less red. And that's saying a lot considering I have combination/acne prone skin too! I will update this review after I use this regimen longer, but it seems to be a miracle worker so far. If you're on the hunt for ultra-gentle, affordable products, this is a definite must-try for soothing finicky sensitive skin. :)
UPDATE: Been using this bar along with the moisturizing lotion for a few days now and have noticed that it has helped calm my skin- no more redness or irritation. But other than that, it hasn't helped heal my existing rough patches/pimples nor caused me to break out... it's just been extremely basic and the lotion is somewhat greasy. I started using witch hazel as a toner with it, which has helped somewhat. So, if you are using stronger acne medications and need something to help soothe your skin, I'm sure this works wonders. But I was looking for a supplemental, gentle regimen that can replace the Neutrogena stuff I was using previously and this has been kind of disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by tr0003

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and this was WAAAAY too drying for me.Tthe lotion cleanser, on the other hand, works just fine wtihout drying. Good for mornings. Not effective for removing makeup imho.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

What else can I say, this stuff rocks. Doesn't strip my skin of moisture (I have very very dry skin). I have a lot of problems with eczema, and my dermatologist told me to use this as a cleanser. It doesn't upset my eczema either. For $3 a bar, which lasts half a year, you really can't go wrong with this cleanser! It's not flashy or fancy, just a basic white cleansing bar, but what it does for my complicated skin is worth it's weight in gold!