Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 11/8/2012 4:18:00 PM

I was using acne cleansers to try and help my moderate acne but they weren't working. I didn't like how harsh they felt on my skin. I switched to using this alone and it has made quite a difference. it hasn't eradicated my breakouts but it has improved my skin clarity and it's so much gentler. I have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 8/16/2012 11:03:00 PM

words cannot describe how this product saved me.

i started suffering adult onset cystic acne about a year ago. i was absolutely horrified.

i tried so many things. nothing worked.

i don't even know what to say. it's a miracle.

on 8/11/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My dermatologist recommended this product for my back acne. After using it religiously for the last 8 weeks I am very pleased with my results. I am no longer getting any new breakouts and it is healing my existing acne. The bar usually lasts me about 2-3 weeks. I find this product more effective than the Cetaphil pump cleanser and would recommend this to anyone suffering from embarrassing acne on the chest/shoulder/back area.

on 7/19/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my current morning face soap. I use sebamed at night. This is gentle and produces a creamy lather without drying my face. My face feels soft and it doesn't make my skin react. The redness seems temporarily subdued. I put this in a soap dish away from the shower as this can soften easily. Plus it has a smell that permeates my bathroom. It's not strong but it's there after I use a bar. It's not badly priced. I think I paid less than four dollars for it. For reference I have sensitive but oily, acne prone skin. So far I have not broken out and hopefully I don't jinx myself. Will update soon.

on 7/10/2012 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Bug standard facial bar soap! Gone through more than 6 bars of this. I got this because it lathers better than the liquid version and its got no scent. plus it good for all skin type, my derm dr recommend this! its bit costly for a facial bar but last me bout 2 month. The bar tend to melt but doesnt bother me :)

on 5/23/2012 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have recently developed really problematic skin. Like, it's really dry around my nose and on my forehead. But my chin and cheeks get super oily. Anyway, I had breaking out a lot recently, and a friend of mine recommended this. I was so excited to buy it because I've heard amazing things about it. Plus it's super cheap. But after a week of using it, it made my dry areas even worse! I had red spots all over, and it was so itchy. It didn't really help my acne either. So I definitely wouldn't buy this again!

on 4/29/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have only been using this for about a week so I didn't give it 5 stars..yet. I will update my review in about another week since that's how long it takes for my skin to react to a cleanser. I needed this cleanser after having countless bad experiences with milky cleansers. I had been using a gel cleanser by yonka which dried me out horribly, but the milky cleanser along with another high end coconut milk cleanser broke me out despite the fact it was gentle. The milky ones would probably be better suited for dry skin, but mine is dehydrated and I know the two need different types of treatment. ANYWAY I had a hard time coping with the fact that my skin just does not like or react well to all natural products, because even though they are organic and good for the earth, my skin still had adverse reactions to the ingredients or fragrances. Sad face. I liked the cetaphil gentle cleanser back in the day but decided I wanted to try something even more basic, so I decided to give this bar non-soap cleanser a try. So far I like it a lot because I can use it on my body and face, and it does not make my skin itchy like some bars (ahem Dove soap). I can't believe a bar cleanser could be so gentle and non-irritating, because even the cetaphil gentle cleanser a times could leave me red. I still can't be sure if cetaphil is just a marketing ploy by skin companies and derms but it seems galderma, manufacturer of differin, kind of knows what it is doing. For people who are put off by the ingredients, Kiehls is no different despite their claim to be using ingredients from natural origin. Point is, give it a try if you have reactive, somewhat irritated or blemished skin like me, it will not make anything worse and may even improve the situation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm having to rewrite a lot of my reviews because at the time of writing them I had just given birth and my skin was all out of wack. After using this for a while I have come to the conclusion that this is truly a gentle cleansing soap. At night to remove my makeup I use a cream cleanser and in the morning I like to use a soap. This doesn't overly dry out my already dry skin. I don't feel excessivley tight, just clean. At first I did not like the smell but I have come to actually enjoy it. It was an aquired preference. I like this soap only downfall is that its almost $5 a bar.

on 2/18/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I adore this product. I have very sensitive, very dry skin. Cetaphil is one of the very few products that doesn't irritate my skin. I keep bar by all the sinks in the house and use it as hand soap as well as in the shower.

on 2/5/2012 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It's really gentle!

After I used a horrible cleanser that left my skin with aching rashes, I used it, and after a couple of days my skin was back to what it was.

I think I'd always go back to this soap, even though it's not one of the best and doesn't do much for the skin.