April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by tr0003

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and this was WAAAAY too drying for me.Tthe lotion cleanser, on the other hand, works just fine wtihout drying. Good for mornings. Not effective for removing makeup imho.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

What else can I say, this stuff rocks. Doesn't strip my skin of moisture (I have very very dry skin). I have a lot of problems with eczema, and my dermatologist told me to use this as a cleanser. It doesn't upset my eczema either. For $3 a bar, which lasts half a year, you really can't go wrong with this cleanser! It's not flashy or fancy, just a basic white cleansing bar, but what it does for my complicated skin is worth it's weight in gold!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using Dove unscented for sensitive skin or Neutrogena bars or liquid for years. My dermatologist recently recommended I switch to Cetaphil bars and I'm very pleased with it. I don't generally use it on my face as I prefer a liquid or oil makeup remover and facial cleanser, but this is fantastic on the rest of me. I like to use it with a Salux towel (another great MUA recommendation) to generate a little lather and it leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry. The bar is generously sized and hard-milled and I find it lasts longer than other bars as long as it is kept out of sitting water. I use a wire soap dish suction mounted fairly high on the wall opposite the shower head and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out by saying I LOVE CETAPHIL. I have been using this stuff for forever! I used the Cetaphil Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily skin for years, but then it stopped working. That's when I started breaking out :/ My acne wasn't horrible, but I did get some pretty red spots sometimes. The gel cleanser was not too effective. I then started looking around for other products for a while, but then I went back to Cetaphil when I heard there was a bar cleanser. It's great! The bar is very gentle (EXCEPT IF YOU GET IT IN YOUR EYES!!!) and makes my face smooth :) I use this with the moisturizing lotion in the spring and summer, and with the moisturizing cream in the fall and winter. I'm also using Retin-A 0.25% for the breakouts. The only thing is this bar will melt. Once it gets to be a certain size, it melts pretty badly and stops working. I think it lasted me about two months, and I just got a new one. Right now, I'm using the new one on my face and the old, melty one on my body as a shaving cream substitute. I would recommend this to anyone!

EDIT: I didn't know how drying this was until I switched to the Cetaphil lotion cleanser. Out of the bar, oily skin gel cleanser, and the lotion cleanser, I'd say the lotion one is the best. This bar is good, but the lotion cleanser is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ndebace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I believe in investing in quality makeup and skincare and I am not afraid to drop a pretty penny on a cleanser (and believe me I have) - so I cannot believe I am saying this about a bar soap, but this is the BEST facial cleanser I have ever used!! PERIOD. I have very dry, VERY sensitive skin that was a little out of control this past year and my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil cleanser to me. At first, I was using the liquid, but this bar soap is even better!! It is moisturizing - YES moisturizing - not even a hint of dryness or squeakiness after I use it. Plus, it has antibacterial properties which I love. My skin is SO HAPPY! I have noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin since using this cleanser. Cannot recommend highly enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by GoodSweetDrink

I have been using this soap for years and i love it. Where I live it is sort of pricey but worth it. i don't think the scent is strong at all and it doesn't leave that residual soap film.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This bar really did not do anything special for my oily, acne-prone skin. It smelled very strong, for one thing, and my face smelled of it even after I attempted to wash it off very thoroughly, wish made me feel like some of it was still on my face. The bar form was very inconvenient which I would be willing to put up with if it did improve my skin, which it did not. I think it did a good job cleaning but I still broke out as much as ever, so... I think this would be a good gentle cleanser for someone without any major skin issues, but for me it didn't do enough.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As I got older, I developed a very oily t-zone(my skin is dry everywhere else) and my usual cleanser wasn't quite up to handling it. I decided to try this soap after I read it was recommended for oily skin. I usually don't get pimples but after using this on my t-zone, I would at least get a couple, which is a rare occurence for me. We are talking about deep and swollen kind. I was not happy. Since this is the only thing I changed in my skin care routine, I stopped washing my face with it(after using it for about a month). Bingo, no more pimples. Not sure what to say other than even if it doesn't break you out, doesn't mean that everyone is going to have the same experince. Try and see if it works for you. As another reviewer, I ended up using Dove soap on my oily areas and it works pretty well and never breaks me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by heavenlyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have combimation skin and my main problem is congestion. and small 'under the skin' bumps.

over the last few weeks my usually clear skin had started to go a bit crazy, i switched to this as i was using benzoyl peroxide at the time and think that tit and a harsh cleanser (neutrogena fresh foaming) was irritating my skin causing the breakouts.

within 2 days my skin was 90% better! i have never had skin that looks as smooth and clear. AMAZINGG. the first few times i used this it kinda felt like it left a coating on my face which worried me..but it works great anyway. love love loveeeeeeeeeeee!!! (i also had a facial not long ago and was told i had beautiful sklin! yaya.

UPDATE:

Think this broke me out/clogged my skin after a few weeks of consistant use =( have now switched to Olay Sensitive Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by BurberryBrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To preface, I have super oily skin; skin so oily I end up with a film layer on my face that feels like Crisco (gross I know). I also break out regularly so I have an arsenal of skin medications I keep in rotation. one of those is benzoyl peroxide which will burn my face if I'm not careful. Once my face is irritated it will completely dry out and peel to the point I look diseased. When that happens I reach for the cetaphil because its the only cleanser that doesn't further irritate the area and keeps it moisturize.