November 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on impulse and I used this produvt each and every day from that day on... Mainly I use it just after using my Chanel Hydramax Nutrition (which I adore by the way) to smoothen and even out my complexion. And this stuff really works: it gives a mattified yet very natural porcelain teint - my skin hasnīt looked so lovely a long time. Itīs expensive, but, hey this is Chanel! For me itīs next to the Natural Finish Loose Powder (Translucent1) my HG and I swapped away all MAC powders I had, though Iīm a confessing MAC addict. Do I have to say more? Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by fraufrederik

i finally found a powder that actually mattifies...I have combination skin, was looking to keep my forehead shine free (i don't put foundation on my forehead). Am happy to say that this powder really helps a lot!! i have tried Mac blot powder, but was already greasy by lunch time!!!
but what i love the most about this powder is that you don't see it, the powder is very fine and does not cling to dry patches or fine hairs on the face...and i do notice that i am less shiny at the end of the day!!
i have found my powder!! so glad!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: i've had this for over a year, and i can honestly say that i've found better powders: Clinique's almost powder compact, Diorskin Sculpting Powder, and Guerlain meteorites. These all give me a better result that doesn't look like it's sitting on the skin. Plus this Chanel gets oily v quickly, doesn't last longer than 2 hrs, and doesn't set foundation, it comes off easily after a few hrs whereas with other powders it is fine.

t have this in peche. I think it's just ok. Good, not great, setting powder. Lasting power is ok. Everything is adequate but not special enough to justify the price. I'm sure i can find a good, similar powder for less, once i'm done with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Anikoi

Amazing powder.
My oily skin stays matte for about 6 hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

EDIT 11/15/11: Completely redid my review AGAIN. Brought down from 4 lippies to 2.

Had this in the new shade Muscade. Was annoyed that at Nordstrom it cost $10 more than the other shades ($55), when it doesn't have that price bump on Chanel's site. Included puff is laughably useless, so I used a brush. The powder is hard and not easy to pick up onto a brush, but it's translucent, left an airbrushed finish and controlled oil decently well. After a month of use I realized to my horror that a hard crust was developing on top of the powder, and that it must've come from the oil on my face. Despite the fact that I always blotted before applying, and again used a brush that I wiped clean afterwards and washed every other day. Eww! Returned for the loose powder (I bought 40 Dore). NC44/Nars Tahoe/Perfection Lumiere BA34 for reference.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by micaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great setting powder especially for delicate areas like the under eye. Does not settleinto lines or creases. I use translucent which has a slightly lightening effect, thus perfect for the under eye area. Would not buy again as I found cheaper alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by rock89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this powder, i use it on top of my mat lumiere foundation. i know it sounds a bit over board but my skin tends to get oily on my fore head and t zone through out the day. this powder keeps my skin looking like a baby's skin and mat, love it! defiatelt will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Is the only powder that can make my makeup last and my blush stay on throughout the day and without my skin looking dry. I have it in Peche (50) which is perfect for me. I'm not really into pressed powder but this beats my loose Creme de la Mer powder hands down. Excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by romantix

This is not to conceal anything.

It is a setting powder! To finish your makeup and make sure it does't move!

The shade is probably to add a glow or even color.

It just went on and made me proud of my purchase!

It took away the dewy look my foundation gives and gave me the matte look immediately.

Matte. Clean. Don't have to use that much.

If you are looking for a natural matte look.

Make this purchase!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

Don't get me wrong, it's worth a try. But is it any special?...not really...doesn't break me out. Sometimes I just brush a little of this on and go out. It's easy not messy like loose powder. When it comes down to it though...I probably wouldn't get this again.