April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by micaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great setting powder especially for delicate areas like the under eye. Does not settleinto lines or creases. I use translucent which has a slightly lightening effect, thus perfect for the under eye area. Would not buy again as I found cheaper alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by rock89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this powder, i use it on top of my mat lumiere foundation. i know it sounds a bit over board but my skin tends to get oily on my fore head and t zone through out the day. this powder keeps my skin looking like a baby's skin and mat, love it! defiatelt will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Is the only powder that can make my makeup last and my blush stay on throughout the day and without my skin looking dry. I have it in Peche (50) which is perfect for me. I'm not really into pressed powder but this beats my loose Creme de la Mer powder hands down. Excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by romantix

This is not to conceal anything.

It is a setting powder! To finish your makeup and make sure it does't move!

The shade is probably to add a glow or even color.

It just went on and made me proud of my purchase!

It took away the dewy look my foundation gives and gave me the matte look immediately.

Matte. Clean. Don't have to use that much.

If you are looking for a natural matte look.

Make this purchase!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

Don't get me wrong, it's worth a try. But is it any special?...not really...doesn't break me out. Sometimes I just brush a little of this on and go out. It's easy not messy like loose powder. When it comes down to it though...I probably wouldn't get this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by awchicago

This powder is light and not for those who are looking for fuller coverage. The subtle shimmer brightens my complexion but is not sparkly. I use my own brush as the pad it comes with is flat and actually sheds, threw it out..color selection is good and finishes/sets my make-up nicely. The slight fragrance is also nice as long as your skin will not react to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by alissarn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel, being Chanel, produced another item of impeccable quality. I got this in 50 peche, which matches my skin tone perfectly. It comes with a powder puff- although I wouldnt go so far to call it a puff as it is quite flat.
The powder isn't heavy at all and has sheer shimmer in it which doesnt show up on the skin at all. It also has a subtle scent- Chance by Chanel, maybe? If you want a heavier coverage dont pick this- but if you want it just for touch-ups (T-zone especially) it is perfect. And its very compact so great on the go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I purchased this powder in Translucent Sun because I wanted a powder with yellow tones in it to give me that slight warm glow for the winter since Im super pale. The color is gorgeus and thats about it.
I was extremely disappointed after applying this powder which looked very heavy and it looked like it was sitting on top of my makeup, I dont mind looking made up but this looked absolutely absurd, I gave it so many chances trying it over different foundations,primers, you name it, and it still looked awful, after all it is Chanel and paying top dollar ($45) you expect the best of the best. Due to this bad experience I will just stick with Chanel's glosses which are unbeatable, and I will steer clear of any powders, foundations, etc. I will continue to stick with my HG powder Lucidity from EL.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I would give this 3.5 lippies. This is definitely a finishing powder and not a foundation powder because it has only light coverage. This does not have buidable coverage because when you apply too much, it makes skin appear dry and cakey. It does feel very light like others have said.

I have this in 110 Beige Claire which has a very light shimmer that imparts a very natural glow. The shade is equivalent to NC 25 which is a tad light for my NC 30-35 skin. It is good for those with yellow undertones.

When applied with a light hand (I use my ecotools kabuki brush) this gives a soft airbrushed finish to my skin. However, like others have said, you still need concealer unless you have flawless skin because it does not even skin tone well. I have mixed thoughts about this product. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It is nice for the days when I don't want to wear too much makeup but it is basically useless for daily use. I would say this has average lasting power, definitely better than Bare Minerals for example. However, this is not recommended for sensitive skin. If I wear this for consecutive days, it makes my skin break out.

This is probably better suited for normal/combination skin types with clear complexions, and those who are not sensitive to most powders.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's definetely not worth the price. It's translucent, but if you put on just a little more than necessary, it will look too powdery and heavy. It's not that finely milled and it doesn't last really long, too. I use it on my T-zone as a setting powder and although the compact is really pretty, when I finish it I will buy MAC MSFN, wich I think has the same concept but is a much better product and also has a better price.
For reference, I'm NC20 and I use this product in 30 Naturel - Translucent 2. It's a good match, although a little too yellow.