April 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ice_tea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In short, this is an inexpensive, non-foaming, and moisturising cleanser. Good for my normal skin in winter. It certainly isn't an exfoliator - the tiny pink beads are encapsulated moisturiser. It is misleading to market this to "sensitive skin" since the fragrance is so strong. People whose skin is sensitive to fragrance should avoid it. Also it contains mineral oil. If your skin doesn't like mineral oil, you'd better not use it. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't remove makeup, esp. long wearing foundation, well. You need to remove makeup before using it. It takes off non-water proof mascara, eye liner etc. though. Overall this is just an OK product to me. I bought it because I like to whore around and try new things when it comes to using skincare products. Maybe someday I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by moundsview

i bought this cleanser during the winter because i go out a lot in winter and my skin gets really dry. i really like the microbeads that exfoliate and that it is soap-free, which does not dry out my skin. but, this cleanser made me break out like crazy!!! and i usually don't even break out during the winter. so now i just use this cleanser as a body scrub, which is kind of a waste, but thats better then throwing it away. it actually works really well as a body scrub and makes my skin feel clean and unsticky and moisturized (which is a rare combination).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lenammi

I have sensitive skin that gets very dry and flaky in the winter so I decided to try out a brand that my mother has been using for years - Nivea. I picked up the entire 3-piece system for sensitive/dry skin and have been using the products for close to a month now. At first this cleanser made my skin glow and smoothed it out, but about a week later, it started to give me dry patches in certain areas, especially on my nose. The only time my skin reacted in such a way was when I used ProActiv, so I have come to the conclusion that ironically this cleanser, which was made for dry skin, has actually made my skin drier. I'm a big fan of Nivea after trying out several other products and really wanted to like this cleanser, but I have stopped using it in exchange for the Sensitive Balance Cleansing Lotion (which is amazing). I will try out this cleanser once again in the summer when my skin gets oily and will update then, but right now I have to deal with a flaky nose. Give this product a try if you have oily skin! It does a great job at exfoliating.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by SanjaV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rarely give '5 out of 5' (because there is always room for improvement!) but this product deserves it! Here's why: I have been using Proactiv to get rid of my bumps and pimples and although my face got a little better after a while, I noticed that it was horribly dried out, uneven, red, inflamed, etc. And I still had breakouts here and there. So i decided to give my skin a break and ignore my pimples for a while to let my skin recover. So I started using the Nivea Gentle line (cleanser + toner + moisturizer) After a couple of weeks my skin was totally changed! No more redness, dryness, flakiness and what's more, my skin even cleared out! Which is weird since this product doesn't have any pimple-fighting ingredients! (No I did not change my lifestyle...I still eat all the same junk and have stress! ) I still use the acne cream after cleanising to control breakout but this skincare is all I need! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice, cheap everyday cleanser for dry skin. I have combo, quite sensitive skin and use this in wintertime. It's soft, washes clean without stripping skin and has a neutral clean scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by slimslady11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! I have dry and senstitive skin and it definitely does not make me dry or break out.

I will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by kndfairy15

I have been using this product for over three years. My skin is very sensitive and this product seems to be the only product that actually works. My skin is so sensitive that it reacts instantly to any type of products but this one. it makes my skin nice and soft, cleans and does not sry out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by tjgillham

Not much as a cleanser but a nice, gentle scrub. I use it each morning as a scrub and then follow with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser to make sure all traces are removed. Much more gentle than the St Ives products I was using previously. Have been using for a few months now and will continue to use. Helps to control flakes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

Horrible! I really wanted to like this product, but when using it my face started to sting and got red. Nothing for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful! My skin is normal, but cleansers for normal skins are too irritating for me, and this one saved my skin, literally. I hated Neutrogena's cleanser for sensitive to dry skin which totally dried me out and left my skin tight and rough. This one has micro-encapsulated moisturizers, Aloe Vera and Chamomile, and is more effective than anything else for ladies with normal to dry skins. I do have a trick which enables me to clean myself better: I put it on wet face with wet hands - seems to go on lighter and more effective. HG!