November 24, 2014 | 982 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by QueenQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This face wash is very creamy. Leaves a layer of oil on my face. Which is great since I have very dry skin. But I'm allergic to this and it could be due to the fragrance. I broke out in rash after 3 uses. Suitable for dry skins, but not for those who have sensitive and dry skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ellabeyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used my share of miracle cleansers that cost a fortune, and I've found that none of them deliver better results than my Nivea. I have acne prone skin, and this really helps control my breakouts and never leaves my skin dry. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A pleasant surprise from the drugstore shopping spree! Initially, I bought three cleansers for sensitive skin - one from Nivea (this one), one from Olay (which totally sucked and I had to give it away after a couple of uses b/c I had a reaction to it) and one from Eucerin (excellent - will add review later). This product by Nivea is a nice change of pace. Fine exfoliating particles (not scratchy but the right texture for my combination-and-sensitive skin) in a gentle cleanser made it one of my favorites this summer. The cleanser comes in a clear tube that you can see through...it's essentially a white creamy cleanser that has little pink particles in it (as someone else has already pointed out - the pink stuff is NOT the scrubby particles). I think the exfoliating particles are white/colorless. For me, this cleanser rinses away clean (no slime left!) and my skin feels clean, soft, and smooth. It is also - thankfully - not drying. It is lightly fragranced, but the smell is relatively mild and not too annoying. And finally, I would say that if you have sensitive skin like me, you might want to alternate this cleanser with others, just so you don't "over-exfoliate"...this summer, I alternated it with a great Eucerin cleanser. Now, I am back to my favorite (tragically overpriced) Sisley cleanser. If I remember, I will try to add some info on ingredients before I throw the empty tube out...back on 8/28/2007 - first three ingredients are water, dicaprylyl carbonate, mineral oil. Buried further down the list is aloe barbadensis leaf juice and a chamomile extract.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bluesyme

Very gentle. Doesn't irritate my face like other cleansers. If I'm wearing foundation, I need to apply this twice to get all my makeup off. Pretty good product though, works well on my sensitive skin and doesn't dry it out. Will be repurchasing.

Edit (May 2, 2009): I've switched to Olay Moisture Balancing Foaming Face Wash, only because I couldn't find Nivea's Gentle Cleansing Cream anywhere. Since I've switched, it seems like my skin has gotten clearer. Looks like I won't be repurchasing this after all, but it's still a nice, gentle cleanser for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ice_tea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In short, this is an inexpensive, non-foaming, and moisturising cleanser. Good for my normal skin in winter. It certainly isn't an exfoliator - the tiny pink beads are encapsulated moisturiser. It is misleading to market this to "sensitive skin" since the fragrance is so strong. People whose skin is sensitive to fragrance should avoid it. Also it contains mineral oil. If your skin doesn't like mineral oil, you'd better not use it. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't remove makeup, esp. long wearing foundation, well. You need to remove makeup before using it. It takes off non-water proof mascara, eye liner etc. though. Overall this is just an OK product to me. I bought it because I like to whore around and try new things when it comes to using skincare products. Maybe someday I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by moundsview

i bought this cleanser during the winter because i go out a lot in winter and my skin gets really dry. i really like the microbeads that exfoliate and that it is soap-free, which does not dry out my skin. but, this cleanser made me break out like crazy!!! and i usually don't even break out during the winter. so now i just use this cleanser as a body scrub, which is kind of a waste, but thats better then throwing it away. it actually works really well as a body scrub and makes my skin feel clean and unsticky and moisturized (which is a rare combination).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lenammi

I have sensitive skin that gets very dry and flaky in the winter so I decided to try out a brand that my mother has been using for years - Nivea. I picked up the entire 3-piece system for sensitive/dry skin and have been using the products for close to a month now. At first this cleanser made my skin glow and smoothed it out, but about a week later, it started to give me dry patches in certain areas, especially on my nose. The only time my skin reacted in such a way was when I used ProActiv, so I have come to the conclusion that ironically this cleanser, which was made for dry skin, has actually made my skin drier. I'm a big fan of Nivea after trying out several other products and really wanted to like this cleanser, but I have stopped using it in exchange for the Sensitive Balance Cleansing Lotion (which is amazing). I will try out this cleanser once again in the summer when my skin gets oily and will update then, but right now I have to deal with a flaky nose. Give this product a try if you have oily skin! It does a great job at exfoliating.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by SanjaV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rarely give '5 out of 5' (because there is always room for improvement!) but this product deserves it! Here's why: I have been using Proactiv to get rid of my bumps and pimples and although my face got a little better after a while, I noticed that it was horribly dried out, uneven, red, inflamed, etc. And I still had breakouts here and there. So i decided to give my skin a break and ignore my pimples for a while to let my skin recover. So I started using the Nivea Gentle line (cleanser + toner + moisturizer) After a couple of weeks my skin was totally changed! No more redness, dryness, flakiness and what's more, my skin even cleared out! Which is weird since this product doesn't have any pimple-fighting ingredients! (No I did not change my lifestyle...I still eat all the same junk and have stress! ) I still use the acne cream after cleanising to control breakout but this skincare is all I need! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice, cheap everyday cleanser for dry skin. I have combo, quite sensitive skin and use this in wintertime. It's soft, washes clean without stripping skin and has a neutral clean scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by slimslady11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! I have dry and senstitive skin and it definitely does not make me dry or break out.

I will definitely buy it again.