October 22, 2014 | 978 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Daily Nail Growth Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by suzieskisinthepyranees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this stuff makes my nails grow noticeably OVERNIGHT!!!! plus its cheap, but I can't find it anywhere anymore!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product and have been using it for quite some time now! It's like $5 at the drug store depending where you go. My nails are short and brittle and break easily so I find that this really gets the job done! It's also a nice top coat over nail polish. It made my nails hard and they weren't breaking, and they were growing fast and getting to a nice length within a week. I ran out and need to re-purchase this asap. It's def worth the money and does what it says!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by sparkly101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay it claims to grow your nail faster.........but it doesn't but the reason i gave it two lippies is because its a good top coat

~cons~ doesn't grow your nail longer
~pros~ good top coat

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always apply this before I put my nail polish on and to be honest it has not done anything for me, I have not noticed that they grow faster, ;(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by annieface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this stuff for like $4 at my local grocery store when it was on sale, so the price is really awesome.
I recently decided to quit biting my nails. I think it was time! They were starting to get all deformed... LOL
ANYWAYS, I used this stuff alone for a week, then started pairing it with nail polishes.
I feel like my nails are growing really fast while not losing any strength, though I didn't really test out the product by using it on one hand and not using it on the other. Maybe my nails always grew really quickly all along and I never knew?
They're healthy and grown out now :) that's all that matters!
I use this as a base coat and a top coat, and it makes my nail color really vibrant and shiny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ever since turning 45 my nails will not grow worth beans, and products that used to strengthen them (Barielle, Nailtiques) no longer work. My nails are dry and peeling. In desperation I turned to this product. It really didn't seem to do much - my nails remained dry and peely whenever I removed the product. They did not get thicker or healthier.

Finally after about 3 weeks (following instructions religiously) it seemed like it was working...my nails were getting longer, even though they were still pretty thin, and they weren't peeling as much when I removed the polish. Well, literally THE MORNING that I was planning to write a glowing review, guess what happened? Four of my nails just snapped off. Goodbye, glowing reivew!

Yes, this may make your nails hard but will also make them totally BRITTLE. Anyway, I've now cut my nails down to the fingertips and am looking for a new nail strengthener (sigh). This is basically just a glorified clear polish but a bit gunkier (it's already getting too thick to use after just 3 weeks) and more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Misinterpreting the instructions, I applied a coat of this treatment polish one day and then removed it the next day and applied a new coat, repeating that process every day for a week and saw absolutely no results. Disappointed, I reread the back of the bottle and realized that "fresh coat" doesn't necessarily mean "remove your present coat, then apply a new one." So for the next few days, I applied a fresh coat on top of what was already on my nails, and wow. In just those few days, my nails grew significantly and are stronger than they were last week. I'm very impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lollypops33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product. It really works. I had perfect nails and broke one, instead of cutting the others down, I wore pale nail polish (so it wasn't obvious) and I swear that it grew back within a week! Amazing product at a great price. I'm a massive fan of Sally Hansen fan.

word of warning- When I did my mani/pedi, I used this product-big mistake! I had to cut my toenails again after a few days!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by makeuplvr13

This product is great! i left it on for one week without any top coat and it made my nails grow so much longer than they usually grow! Plus it has a very pretty shine to it when you pass by the light!! I definitly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for good nail growth formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is great! It really does work! I've tried others that were supposed to help grow nails. None of them worked.

It's a pretty glossy polish when on. It starts working in just a couple days. It dries fast. Looks great on. and it doesn't cost that much.
I've been trying to grow my nails out for years and could never do it. mainly because I'd grow them out a little, but then they'd break or be too thin, and it'd bug the crap out of me, because I could actually see through them! I'm finally stopping this terrible habit of mine. This polish has thickened them and it's been so much easier to keep growing them out. This polish is gold.