December 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Bronzers - Cargo - Cargo Bronzer in Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by qu1stis

Excellent!

I got this as part of my gift from Sephora and I love it. I usually don't like using bronzer because of what alot of other MUA reviewers said - mostly that bronzers kinda streak and make you look like you have brown dirt on your skin.

This bronzer looks very natural on your skin and lasts all day for me. If my bronzer sample runs out, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

The salesman @ Sephora tried this on my NW45 skin and I loved it. Light with a slight sparkle. It's a bit expensive though and I'm not a fan of the huge package. I held off on purchasing and I'm so glad I did because if I hadn't, I wouldn't have discovered Iman's AMAZING bronzer in Clay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I do not know whether this is a good choice for people with oily skin. It shines on my skin and makes me look like a disco ball. It is gold coppery color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by dingola27

LOVE.

I've tried so many bronzers, and this is the only one that doesn't look like I rubbed sparkly brown dirt all over my cheeks. It's a warm, sandy bronze with very fine shimmers. It looks really natural and sexy on my fair-medium, medium summer tanned skin, like I just got off the beach or something to that degree. It also looks great blended with a bright pink blush, then it transforms into a coral-y bronze tone. True love in a silver tin.

HG times 13948928748758738746586.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by mjmz1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Without question I'm a certifiable bronzer junkie and just so picky I can't stand myself. I own EL's Bronze Goddess, Sugar's Tropic Tan, Hoola, BE's Faux Tan, Armani's Sheer, Mac, BB, LG's B & B, Fusion's bronzers in two shades.. numerous drugstore brands which all have good ratings on MUA. And, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more. This spring I discovered Cargo's Medium- one I'd missed (for whatever reason.) I bought the matte version after falling in love with numerous samples of the regular formula and acquiring a super sized sample of the regular. The matte version simply didn't work out. It's a lighter shade and more of a powder on me. I have plenty of regular powders, so off I trotted to Sephora to return the matte version in Medium (the only matte shade it comes in, as already stated here). I'm not certain I understand the reviews claiming this one has 'the glimmer factor'. I find it simply provides luminosity rather than a flat dull finish. As I get older, sparkle and shine is a BIG NO NO. So very aging and wouldn't dream of using something suited for a 20 year old in this respect. (Looking natural is the key as we age as everything accentuates the "getting older' flaws) On the other hand, a bronzer which is completely matte sometimes sits powdery on the skin and dulls the complexion. However, with Cargo's medium bronzer in the regular version, I discover a very conservative radiance that doesn't look like it came from a compact, if you know what I mean. I started with the large sample pot and decided to buy the large compact for $32 US... which I haven't touched yet. Yikes! Maybe they go low on the glimmer for samples and I'll end up agreeing it's too shiny after all. Or.. maybe I'm missing something and I really DO sparkle *GASP*-- although I've checked it out in all lighting including natural sunlight with no detection of glimmer at all. Only luminosity. This bronzer is a natural for warm-toned ladies. For reference I'm blonde, blue eyes and NC35 with combo skin. I usually use BB' face brush or Sephora's # 44 for application. Hoola is nice as a base if you go light handed and use a non-matte bronzer on top. Thanks to a wonderful friend for the Armani #4 Sheer Bronzer. It's the only matte bronzer to which I'm absolutely addicted. BTW, I won't touch bronzer or any product without a primer first. Anyway, Cargo is my new fave this season. I'm fickle so there's a high probability I wouldn't repurchase even though I might-- if and when the love affair ends. Who knows.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I also got as a deluxe sample from Sephora, so after years of hearing this raved about I am finally checking it out for myself. I think I'm underwhelmed. It's nice. But nothing to stop the presses over. I think of this as an orangier version of NARS Laguna--has that same shimmery gleam-y quality to it. However, Laguna makes me look tanned and this doesn't really. I'd say sunkissed, or golden, but not believably tanned looking. To me this is more like a warm tawny blush. Pretty, and nice swept on sheerly for a glow to warm you up. But ultimately I want my bronzer to make me look more browned/ tanned than orangey glowy. The browner or rosier bronzers just look a lot better on my fair skin with yellow undertones. I don't think I will seek this out in full size, though if the color works for you, they quality is very nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

My first ever bronzer! I actually got it as a deluxe sample - before, I would have been highly unlikely to ever buy a bronzer for myself, because it just didn't seem like something worth bothering with. Well, I was wrong. I grabbed the biggest, fluffiest brush I could find at Target (Sonia Kashuk Powder 01) and tried this out, and let me say, there is a significant difference between my finished face with and without this. Looking a little ghostly? Concealer a little too light? Try the bronzer. This is a sort of coppery medium bronze. I wouldn't say it's orangey per se; there's nothing screaming orange about it. It's definitely shimmery in comparison to, say, Sugar Tropic Tan. I'm FFF because I have yet to really get any sun this year, and this definitely livened my color up. However, I really prefer Tropic Tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by amnaf

This bronzer is definitely one of the best on the market. I've been reading reviews, and I'm actually really surprised that some people are saying it goes on streaky, or orangey. I've never had that problem with it. I think the key is, especially if you have tan skin like mine, to first apply a tiny bit of blush to your brush then swirl it in the bronzer, applying it to your cheeks like a blush. After, with a light hand, you can apply some to your forehead/nose.
I find that using it is this way makes my skin absolutely GLOW. I have alright skin, and after using tinted moisturizer, I do this, and it really makes your skin look flawless but natural. If its streaking, or not looking right, its probably becuase your skin isn't moisturized enough. It might sound weird, but when i used to use it after bare minerals, on really matte skin, it looked alright. But when my skin is really nice and moisturized already, and then I use this, it looks amazing.
For people with light skin, I can't imagine this color being right for you - its just right for me, but im S. Asian so pretty tanned.
Really though, its an amazing product, if used properly, and definitely well worth the price because it lasts and lasts and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by cythomas

I like this product, but there is too much shimmer in it to make me want to repurchase. It however, is a nice color and does give nice coverage. During the winter this is nice to use because it really wakes up my face and brightens it. But any heat and it makes my face look soo shiny. Switched to the matte

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best bronzer I ever seen. It has nice golden shimmer, lasts super long and texture is very smooth so it can be easily applied. However I ve two other fav's
1. Cargo in medium