Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

on 8/8/2007 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's funny, because I tried this product a couple of years ago and thought it was complete junk, but since everyone was raving about Garnier then, I thought it was just my hair. I just happened to look at the reviews for this and can't believe how many people had the same problems with it - dry, dull, nasty hair. Didn't moisturize a bit. JUNK.

on 6/20/2007 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The shampoo smells really good. The bottle looks really nice.
The only problem is that it really dried my hair out.....I think this shampoo caused more harm.
I don't recommand this shampooo to anyone. It is simply terrible.

on 5/26/2007 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this and the corresponding conditioner and it turned my hair to straw! I gave away both bottles. If it weren't so cheap, I be mad! After a long boycott of Garnier Fructis, I decided to try the Length & Strength formula -- now THAT is a moisturizing shampoo for dry hair. Skip this one and reach for the L&S.

on 5/21/2007 6:19:00 AM

I totally love this range of products. It's not too expensive, but yet produces great results for my hair. I use the shampoo, conditioner and 1 min hair mask in conjuction with Kerastase Oleo-Relax serum, and it makes my hair super soft and shiny! Love the smell too! Would definitely buy it again in a heartbeat!

on 4/22/2007 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is the far by worst product i have EVER used. totally dryed out my hair and made it like straw. nice smell though. i will never buy this again

on 4/16/2007 7:39:00 AM

Eh. I'm on the fence. It's a nice creamy shampoo, but after about three weeks of usage, my hair goes back to feeling extremely dry. It's a good, decently cheap drugstore brand, and often comes on sale here. I only buy it when it's a 2 for 1 so I can get the conditioner too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Weighed my long hair down considerably, i begged garnier to make a 2 in 1's for heat styled smoothing hair shampoo with less moisture and oils in them, well, fallen upon deaf ears again!! I WONT BUY THIS AGAIN, UNLESS, THEY COME UP WITH SOME MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS!!

on 2/21/2007 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is junk. My hair is extremily dry and damaged from years of using a flatiron, highlghts, and even chemical straightening. I dont expect miracles from any shampoo, as ive learned nothing can truely repair damaged hair. But this does nothing to make it less dry either. Ive used every brand of shampoo, and this is probobly the worst. Dove for extremily dry and damaged hair, is probobly the only one that ive noticed a real differnce in my hair with. Including expensive shampoos

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm not entirely sure if "Repair and Shine" is the UK version of "Dry & Damaged", but I think it is.
Anyhow, that being said, this is a very bizarre shampoo.
I have really dry/damaged hair from dying it recently. I bought this shampoo because I wanted something moisturizing, but not heavy. This shampoo was bizarre because it coated my hair in what felt like an oil slick, but my hair didn't absorb it? It was almost like it was coated with oil, yet my hair was still dry! It also made my hair greasier at the roots (I don't normally have greasy roots) and didn't wash out the old grease and dirt that was there. It also hasn't made it any shinier, although, I'm sure the shampoo oil must be dulling it up.
I would have given this product two lippies because of the AWESOME smell and pretty packaging, but I feel that is two lippies too much. I'm not sure I would ever buy another Fructis shampoo unless it was on sale.

on 2/6/2007 8:39:00 AM

I finally realized that this shampoo was responsible for the bleached-out shade my colored hair turned after a couple of weeks.