Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2006 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a big fan of Burt's Bees products, and I do like this lotion. The scent can be a bit overpowering, but I don't mind it. It is a carrot scented lotion, and it has a cinnamon-y, baked goods type aroma. I find it very pleasant, but it is strong. I like it as it mixes well with most of my other "fall scented" products. The texture is very light, but don't let that fool you - this stuff is intensely hydrating. My skin still feels hydrated hours later! During the summer when my skin is dry and exposed to the sun, this lotion is a must-have. It moisturizes well, and is gentle enough to use on facial skin.

on 9/16/2006 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay, the smell to me smells like "Play-Dough". I can't get past the smell to wear it on my body. the "yellow"color works well with my slightly rosy complection. But I do put a small amount on my hand and add a drop or two of water and put it on my face before bedtime. My face remains clear. No rashes, pimples, or blackheads. And it seems to work with my oily skin. It doesn't make it any oilier than usual. This is a decent lotion that works for me.

on 8/20/2006 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh wow, this stuff must require a developed appreciation. Could a lotion be so beneficial over others to put up with this pungent smell? The fragrance is very SPICY, but mixed with a high acid note. If you like yogurt instead of whipped cream with your pumkin pie, then give it a try.

on 7/17/2006 7:40:00 PM

The lotion was nice. My skin felt soft and the lotion itself wasn't greasy at all. I wasn't too fond of the smell, therefore I won't buy again. I didn't like that it smelled a little minty.

on 7/1/2006 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I may be in the minority but I love the scent of the carrot nutritive body lotion. I actually purchased the lotion specifically for the scent. It has a nice texture as well.

on 4/14/2006 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had to redo my review because I could no longer tolerate the smell of this. It worked great as a lotion, very good for the skin, but the smell was too overwhelming for me.

on 3/6/2006 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't mind the smell at all.

The lotion was greasy and non-absorbing. It would be easier and cheaper to pour a bit of baby oil on my arms instead. My skin wasn't moisturized any better an hour after application than before.

Love this stuff mostly for the great natural ingredients and because it gives my pale skin a bit of healthy color. My only complaint is that is has a strange texture that I can't get used to. It's sort of watery and oily at the same time...

on 1/16/2006 6:25:00 PM

i cannot stand the smell AT ALL!! and i do not think its very moistrurizing as well. i rather pay less for other drug store brands which does a better job and smells way better than this.

on 1/15/2006 10:40:00 PM

I received this as part of a sample pack, and so far it's the only one I like! Just average as far as moisturizers go... but the scent is heavenly to me. It smells just like carrot cake! Will certainly repurchase.