Chanel Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 3/9/2012 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Living in the land of the tanned (Australia) it is difficult to have pale freckled skin, when there are bronzed beauties everywhere!

This product is just gorgeous, despite the price and the glass bottle with potential "drop and break" I would buy again and again.

At first I thought it was going to be a liquid bronzer but it is actually behaves more like a highlighter which makes you look bronzed and healthy.

It is virtually impossible to be to heavy handed, but a little is all that is needed to gain amazing skin. If you use more...there is no more improvement in the look so you are just wasting it.

I love Chanel bronzing products, not so much a fan of their foundations.

All i can say ladies and gents is....save up and buy this product...You won't regret it...if you do...send it to me!

on 2/13/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I quite like just how light and airy this product is. I tried it at a counter and the SA put it alllll over my face, and surpringly it didn't look awful! So of course I bought it, but when I tried it at home it was just too orange for me. It wasn't the trick of the lighting either, it looked great even outside! I was using a brush, and it really looked pretty bad, even when placed in just a small area of my face. I was a bit disheartened, but I loved it when she SA applied it so I didn't give up. I started using my fingers and it really, really made a huge difference. My closest foundation match is 1c1 in ELDW, even in the summertime. I don't apply it alllll over, but under my cheekbones and around the outside of my face, and it's truly a lovely light color & give my skin such a healthy glow. I guess my brushes just pick up and deposit too much color, but with my fingers I am able to blend it seamlessly.

on 2/13/2012 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love the product but sadly it's not suited to me, I'm an NW15 in winter and can get away with NW20 in summer if I get heaps of sun and fake tan, it's a real push tho as I wear sunscreen everyday! Sadly this product just goes on orange on me, no bronze colour at all just orange! I used a very light hand and used it instead of blusher as its summer here in Sydney and wanted that summery light bronzey glow, sadly it wasnt a suitable colour. I must say the product blends great, smells lovely and is a great texture, but colour isn't for cool skin tones so beware. If your a warm skin toned lady this will look amazing on you and it's a must get! I will sell mine on trademe when I get back to New Zealand and let someone else enjoy the product :)

on 2/8/2012 12:47:00 PM

I would strongly suggest to try it before buying it just because it does not show up at all if you have medium to dark complexion.
I have bought a lot of things because of the MUA and You Tube raves and this time i went to Chanel counter for trying this first and i decided that it is not worth the money.
I feel that works for paler skins.Try it before Buying.

on 2/1/2012 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is my ultimate favourite to date; however be warned will not suit all skin tones so go to local Chanel counter and experiment first
I never used to wear much make up 2 years ago when I was 18 I used to rely on looking sun kissed and tanned more than anything, then when I was in the airport waiting to go on holiday I was in duty free and asked the lady to recommend a bronzer, I had a power based product in mind to be honest, but her first recommendation was Universal, she applied it on my hand and I took the plunge been in a rush and purchased (in the UK it retails for £29 pounds) and I haven’t looked back its my main base of make up and really gives a sun kissed look, I apply this after foundation even tough it’s a base, but as I only use a tinted moisturiser this way round works for me, it can be very easy to apply to much so you cant be heavy handed, comes in glam packaging so it looks lovely on your dressing table, the texture is like whipped hard mouse, can look a little matted looking after time ( if applied with a brush) however if applied with a sponge it remains neat and smooth looking
The only down falls I find with this product sadly is the fact it doesn’t come with anything to apply it with, no sponge or no brush so you really sort of guess how to apply. Also the fact its like gold dust to get hold off and believe me I have tried, and left my name and number at various Chanel stands and waited up to 6 months, ( please don’t product is hard to get hold of due to the fact the minerals in the product have to be grown as there expensive and Chanel didn’t realise how popular product would become ) so since then I have had 2, 3 tubs at a time, instead when I couldn’t get hold of it I used a make do MAC foundation similar substance and all I can say is HORRIBLE if I touched my face id get a hand print the stuff is like cement only bonus it comes with a sponge.
Universal will not suit everybody and will not suit very fair people who opt for the ‘less is more look’
But anyone out there that likes a glam look with a natural sun kissed side get to the chanel counter
( if they have any in stock )

on 1/20/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was expensive, but definitely worth the money. You get a lot of product. In the summer, I will use concealer and this all over like a foundation. In the winter, I use this as bronzer/contour colour. It goes on very smoothly. Unlike all other cream products I have tried in the past, this does not accentuate the acne scarring on my cheeks.In fact, it makes my skin appear more smooth. After a year of use nearly every day, I have hit pan. I apply this with a powder brush. I have no problems with this fading throughout the day. The colour is extremely natural and makes me look tan. This is not a product that makes your skin feel sticky either. I have no problems wearing it when I am on vacation somewhere warm. It gives your skin the tiniest glow, not shiny, not sparkly, but more of a smooth healthy skin glow. In photographs, it makes you look like you have perfect, smooth skin. This product has an amazing smell as well. I usually do not like my face products having a scent but I don't mind this one! I haven't had any issues with this product drying out. I do keep the inner lid though. My one problem is that the jar (although pretty) is too large for travel.

on 1/14/2012 11:00:00 PM

I can not imagine actually finishing this giant tub of product, but when I do, I fully expect to repurchase this gem! I really think this is one of the very best bronzer out there. I generally tend to think any alternative powder product has more fall out and less lasting power than this silicone-based one. Bronze Universel really lasts and provides a really warm and natural looking color to the skin. I like it when I am winter pale to just warm up the skin and also love it to enhance my skin when it is already slightly dark. I like how I am able to build up the intensity or leave it fairly faint to just punch up a sallow light skin. There is no shimmer to this product, so if you are looking to build a very natural color, this would be an excellent product to try out!

on 10/31/2011 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

..expensive but worth it!It's perfect for my (sensitive) skin..I love it and i' m very desperate because i can't find it..i'd be very happy to buy it again!

on 10/24/2011 7:31:00 AM

Perfect body bronzer (I'm thinking neck/décolletage): finely milled, subtle but buildable pigment. The subtlety is such that it can reasonably be used in the winter as well as summer.

The trick to success with this one is finding the right brush to use: Laura Mercier's bronzer brush was such a disappointment in this respect (clumping of hair occurred over time). More success is to be had with MAC's 182 buffer brush.

on 9/27/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I can only think of two reasons someone would not like this product: they are too pale for the one shade (or perhaps too dark)...or they are applying it completely wrong. Sometimes if I'm too heavy-handed with this stuff it can end up looking muddy and mask-like, but if you use the correct brush and apply it correctly it gives a very natural, glowing tan. It's subtle, again if you use a light hand and don't jam your brush into the jar, but gives a good glow without being a tan glitter bomb or a muddy matte mess. Also I think it would be great for girls who go without foundation - just to give a little glow to tired looking skin. Sadly I am not one of those girls...but it would look beautiful on bare skin. Be careful when purchasing this at the store because I lot of Chanel counter girls (especially at Macy's) have no idea what this product even is and may claim they don't have it when, in fact, they do and it's right there in the case.

Popular Bronzers