December 19, 2014 | 857 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by despoina76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I would strongly suggest to try it before buying it just because it does not show up at all if you have medium to dark complexion.
I have bought a lot of things because of the MUA and You Tube raves and this time i went to Chanel counter for trying this first and i decided that it is not worth the money.
I feel that works for paler skins.Try it before Buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by RoxyRainey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is my ultimate favourite to date; however be warned will not suit all skin tones so go to local Chanel counter and experiment first
I never used to wear much make up 2 years ago when I was 18 I used to rely on looking sun kissed and tanned more than anything, then when I was in the airport waiting to go on holiday I was in duty free and asked the lady to recommend a bronzer, I had a power based product in mind to be honest, but her first recommendation was Universal, she applied it on my hand and I took the plunge been in a rush and purchased (in the UK it retails for £29 pounds) and I haven’t looked back its my main base of make up and really gives a sun kissed look, I apply this after foundation even tough it’s a base, but as I only use a tinted moisturiser this way round works for me, it can be very easy to apply to much so you cant be heavy handed, comes in glam packaging so it looks lovely on your dressing table, the texture is like whipped hard mouse, can look a little matted looking after time ( if applied with a brush) however if applied with a sponge it remains neat and smooth looking
The only down falls I find with this product sadly is the fact it doesn’t come with anything to apply it with, no sponge or no brush so you really sort of guess how to apply. Also the fact its like gold dust to get hold off and believe me I have tried, and left my name and number at various Chanel stands and waited up to 6 months, ( please don’t product is hard to get hold of due to the fact the minerals in the product have to be grown as there expensive and Chanel didn’t realise how popular product would become ) so since then I have had 2, 3 tubs at a time, instead when I couldn’t get hold of it I used a make do MAC foundation similar substance and all I can say is HORRIBLE if I touched my face id get a hand print the stuff is like cement only bonus it comes with a sponge.
Universal will not suit everybody and will not suit very fair people who opt for the ‘less is more look’
But anyone out there that likes a glam look with a natural sun kissed side get to the chanel counter
( if they have any in stock )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by thepickledegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was expensive, but definitely worth the money. You get a lot of product. In the summer, I will use concealer and this all over like a foundation. In the winter, I use this as bronzer/contour colour. It goes on very smoothly. Unlike all other cream products I have tried in the past, this does not accentuate the acne scarring on my cheeks.In fact, it makes my skin appear more smooth. After a year of use nearly every day, I have hit pan. I apply this with a powder brush. I have no problems with this fading throughout the day. The colour is extremely natural and makes me look tan. This is not a product that makes your skin feel sticky either. I have no problems wearing it when I am on vacation somewhere warm. It gives your skin the tiniest glow, not shiny, not sparkly, but more of a smooth healthy skin glow. In photographs, it makes you look like you have perfect, smooth skin. This product has an amazing smell as well. I usually do not like my face products having a scent but I don't mind this one! I haven't had any issues with this product drying out. I do keep the inner lid though. My one problem is that the jar (although pretty) is too large for travel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can not imagine actually finishing this giant tub of product, but when I do, I fully expect to repurchase this gem! I really think this is one of the very best bronzer out there. I generally tend to think any alternative powder product has more fall out and less lasting power than this silicone-based one. Bronze Universel really lasts and provides a really warm and natural looking color to the skin. I like it when I am winter pale to just warm up the skin and also love it to enhance my skin when it is already slightly dark. I like how I am able to build up the intensity or leave it fairly faint to just punch up a sallow light skin. There is no shimmer to this product, so if you are looking to build a very natural color, this would be an excellent product to try out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by momark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

..expensive but worth it!It's perfect for my (sensitive) skin..I love it and i' m very desperate because i can't find it..i'd be very happy to buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Perfect body bronzer (I'm thinking neck/décolletage): finely milled, subtle but buildable pigment. The subtlety is such that it can reasonably be used in the winter as well as summer.

The trick to success with this one is finding the right brush to use: Laura Mercier's bronzer brush was such a disappointment in this respect (clumping of hair occurred over time). More success is to be had with MAC's 182 buffer brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I can only think of two reasons someone would not like this product: they are too pale for the one shade (or perhaps too dark)...or they are applying it completely wrong. Sometimes if I'm too heavy-handed with this stuff it can end up looking muddy and mask-like, but if you use the correct brush and apply it correctly it gives a very natural, glowing tan. It's subtle, again if you use a light hand and don't jam your brush into the jar, but gives a good glow without being a tan glitter bomb or a muddy matte mess. Also I think it would be great for girls who go without foundation - just to give a little glow to tired looking skin. Sadly I am not one of those girls...but it would look beautiful on bare skin. Be careful when purchasing this at the store because I lot of Chanel counter girls (especially at Macy's) have no idea what this product even is and may claim they don't have it when, in fact, they do and it's right there in the case.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by netmom1

I love the texture and application of this product but Chanel needs to come out with more shades. Not everyone tans the same color! I took points off because on my NW20 complexion this looks very yellow, I don't see any orange however. Since it's too late to return it, I've had success using it as a base for other bronzers which suit me better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict1779

I had purchased this product last summer after hearing the rave reviews, but after playing with it for about a month it just sat in my makeup drawer. It didn't look great on me, and at that point it was too late to return. But this summer I brought it out again, wondering what was so special about this very light but extremly expensive bronzer. I have medium skin that turns more of an olive color in the summer and just putting it on the apples of my cheeks/forhead/jaw didn't do it for me (I like to look very tan!). But I've found that its an excellent base for a pop of bronzer on the cheeks, forhead, etc. What I do is rub my finger in the pot then mix a little bit of my regualr, untinted moisturizer with it and apply it all over my face as a light foundation. The result is very glowly/tan skin that I can apply a poweder bronzer over where the sun naturally hits. I also use a little cream blush and then Nars Orgasm for a very sun kissed look. I think this could also work when im very pale in the winter, I'd just use a little less. Hope this helps someone who couldn't find how to wear this in a way that works for their skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ohyouprettything

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love this product. It was out of stock at my local Macy's counter for so long and I waited about 4-5 weeks for it to restock. Once it did, they called and let me know and put one on the side for me. I went there the day that it came in, and they were already sold out! Lucky for me, I asked them to hold it. :) I absolutely love this product. It is completely matte (someone wrote below that it has shimmer...I don't think they are using the same product), which makes me happy, because I am not a big fan of shimmery bronzers (or shimmery anything for that matter). I love the consistency, very lightweight, easy to blend, and you need very little to achieve a nice tan glow. Thoroughly love this product. Would buy this a million times over. Totally worth every penny.