July 22, 2014 | 2113 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Seaweed Clarifying Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't used their skin care lines so i wanted to try one. I also bought few other seaweed products because i really liked the smell. This feels very refreshing but doesn't dry too much. I don't know if it does anything special but i feel my skin has been slightly better after using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by timeless54

This is my first Body Shop item that I bought for their line after much decision since my Garnier toner has finally ran out. I've purchased this because this was made specifically for my skin type obviously. I like this better than what I am rating it as (if there is ever a decimal system, that would be lovely) because it does claim what most it has done for my skin. Key word, most.

This product is said to be "an alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner. Instantly and effectively conditions, purifies and refreshes the skin, removing traces of make-up and cleanser." First off, I like that it is alcohol free, and I do think it helps with my pores looking smaller and my overall skin surface in terms of the feel. I have noticed a huge difference when I used this toner with the rest of my skin care products. My skin just feels so much smoother but in terms of appearance wise I think it will take a little bit longer to see results.

However, I do not think this helps with reducing oil or maintaining them. It seems my t-zone area still shine but not a grease ball bad. Though for the price, how much ounces you are getting, and how effective this is, I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner is a great toner, in my opinion. I think I got mine for $12 at my local Body Shop. I also bought the cleanser and the mattifying moisturizer from the same line with it. It claims to be oil-free, alcohol-free, cleansing, conditioning, purifying, and also to leave your skin mattified throughout the day/night. Each skin line from The Body Shop guard to specific skin types. The Seaweed line, in particular, is for combination/oily skin types.

I LOVE The Body Shop and one day I was interested to try out something from their skincare. I noticed that the Seaweed line was for combo/oily skin, (which is what I have), and so I didn't hesitate to pick up a couple of their products including the Clarifying Toner. Overall, I'm impressed. What I think is great about this toner is that it truly does remove excess dirt, oil, and makeup that your cleanser might not of washed off. Also, I do believe it tightens my pores and helps combat excess oil. It also has a really nice fresh fragrance; it kind of reminds me of being on the seashore or something. There is in fact algae extract as one of the main ingredients; I like that because that is completely natural and a good antioxidant for the skin. Castor oil is also the second ingredient in this toner, and castor oil is renowned for its healing properties at clarifying skin tone.

How I use it is I just simple pore a little bit of this toner onto a cotton ball and I wipe that in upward motions all across my face and neck. It gives a slight tingly feeling on your face, and you just feel so cleansed and refreshed! I follow up with my day or night moisturizer after I use this.

The only 'cons' I can say about this toner is that it is $12 and I know not everybody is committed to paying that much for a toner, especially one that doesn't have a lot of product either. Also, I guess the packaging isn't the greatest, especially if you're someone who often travels around, this toner could easily open up in your suitcase or whatnot. Lastly, if you're not a preservative-friendly person, this toner does contain several different preservatives, probably because if there weren't any, the product would go bad pretty quickly. Personally, though, that doesn't bother me.

Overall, this product's great along with most of The Body Shop's toners. They sometimes do sell this toner in smaller packaging if you wanted to try it out. I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by bunbunrice

This toner has a real nice light scent to it. Makes skin feel so silky and smooth! I don't see why people are complaining :/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this toner when I find my skin is being a little troublesome (approximately 1-2 times a week as part of my morning skin care routine). I have a slightly oily T-zone and think this product is good at combating the excess oil.

It has a pleasant, clean fragrance.

I would absolutely love if TBS toners came with a pump top!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok toner I think. Nothing special about it. I like the smell, it feels fresh, doesn't minimize pores. I will only buy it when there is a sale

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i dont see the hate on this product, its actually a nice product that suits its price

PROS:
1. it smells nice
2. doesnt sting
3. feels tingly when i use it
4. it doesnt dry or grease my face
5. dont need a lot

CONS:
1. have to be careful when pouring it to cotton pads, because it comes out so fast
2. needs a more than 10 seconds to dry or before putting any moisturizer or serum on

UPDATE 22ND FEBRUARY 2012
ok the tingly feeling isnt good, because it sorta irritates after i pop a TINY pimple or irritation, unlike the vit e toner. and yes it does sting a little :( and it makes my face a little drier than usual, which is bad because i have a normal skin :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

Honestly, I was really disappointed in this. I have combination oily skin and I really wanted a product that will help control my oil so I thought I'd give this a try since it isn't too expensive and I've heard good things about it from other people. But I didn't see any difference with my skin at all when I used this, especially with my production of oil. I also didn't notice any shrinkage of my pores. Then again, I usually don't see any physical differences when it comes to toner ... so it might be just me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big toner fan in general, but I tried this to help minimise pores as it claims. It does remove the last traces of make up. It can sometimes sting, but its bearable and only lasts until its dries completely. It hasn't unclogged pores as much as I was expecting, but pores are slightly reduces and a little bit clearer. It hasn't really help mattify either, but my t-zone is super oily. Not sure if I'd buy this again. Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works best in the summer, in hot, humid conditions. It cuts through grime, sweat, dirt and oil. I not only use it all over my face, I used it on my neck and on the back of my neck.

It may dry out your skin because of the alcohol though.