The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 8/12/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I do have oily skin, and rarely go out without at least a TM or concealer. I use a mild face wash (Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser). This toner ALWAYS does a great job of picking up the remaining traces of dirt and oil. I use a total of two cottons: the first cotton is for all over my face and hairline; the second cotton I use for my neck and chest. I find it preps me for my topical acne creams (currently using Proactiv's Step 3). I have tried using Neutrogena's complementary toner (the blue container that says "Alcohol-free") but I find that it does not make me feel clean enough. The Seaweed toner does have alcohol and menthol that gives me a clean and fresh feel without over drying my skin. When using this, I feel less oily throughout the day, but it is in conjunction with other oil-controlling products that I use.

on 7/11/2012 7:33:00 AM

I really like this product. I use this after I wash my face with a body shop cleanser. This toner leaves your skin fresh and it removes ALL the make up which the cleanser couldn't remove.
One Con: sometimes my skin tends to get oily faster after using it but I can't tell if it's because of the toner or something else...
I would buy this product again, because it's the best toner I've ever got my hands on and the price could be worse.

on 7/11/2012 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't really use toner, but this was part of the seaweed starter kit. I use it right after the cleanser. this toner feels very nice and refreshing on the skin, but I haven't noticed any benefits it has over regular witch hazel o_O also, it makes my skin feel a little too dehydrated. the seaweed day cream isn't enough to moisturize my skin after using this and the cleanser, and I supposedly have oily skin!

on 7/8/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I didn't like this, your face doesn't feel squeaky clean after you've used it like alot of toners do, it just sits there on your face god I don't know thee's something about the formula that I don't like. It's just too mild and doesn't feel like it's doing anything at all, no results at all.
Also I went and left this in my bathroom in summer in the heat for 5 days, came back and it's already changed color, it went from being clear to this cloudy whit-ish color, so word of advice don't leave it in the heat it WILL turn it.

on 7/3/2012 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I will edit this review after i've used the toner for a longer period of time, to update about the pore-minimizing effects.

so far, i am very happy about this product. it does its job in removing impurities very well. i used to breakout here and there but this toner really minimized the breakouts tremendously. very happy about it.

i have read in the comments that it might have pore-minimizing effects and does not help in taming oil. will try to take note of that (since i have large pores and a very oily face), and hopefully give a helpful review in these two aspects next time!

on 6/28/2012 4:13:00 PM

I haven't used their skin care lines so i wanted to try one. I also bought few other seaweed products because i really liked the smell. This feels very refreshing but doesn't dry too much. I don't know if it does anything special but i feel my skin has been slightly better after using this.

on 6/9/2012 9:35:00 PM

This is my first Body Shop item that I bought for their line after much decision since my Garnier toner has finally ran out. I've purchased this because this was made specifically for my skin type obviously. I like this better than what I am rating it as (if there is ever a decimal system, that would be lovely) because it does claim what most it has done for my skin. Key word, most.

This product is said to be "an alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner. Instantly and effectively conditions, purifies and refreshes the skin, removing traces of make-up and cleanser." First off, I like that it is alcohol free, and I do think it helps with my pores looking smaller and my overall skin surface in terms of the feel. I have noticed a huge difference when I used this toner with the rest of my skin care products. My skin just feels so much smoother but in terms of appearance wise I think it will take a little bit longer to see results.

However, I do not think this helps with reducing oil or maintaining them. It seems my t-zone area still shine but not a grease ball bad. Though for the price, how much ounces you are getting, and how effective this is, I will not be repurchasing this.

on 6/3/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner is a great toner, in my opinion. I think I got mine for $12 at my local Body Shop. I also bought the cleanser and the mattifying moisturizer from the same line with it. It claims to be oil-free, alcohol-free, cleansing, conditioning, purifying, and also to leave your skin mattified throughout the day/night. Each skin line from The Body Shop guard to specific skin types. The Seaweed line, in particular, is for combination/oily skin types.

I LOVE The Body Shop and one day I was interested to try out something from their skincare. I noticed that the Seaweed line was for combo/oily skin, (which is what I have), and so I didn't hesitate to pick up a couple of their products including the Clarifying Toner. Overall, I'm impressed. What I think is great about this toner is that it truly does remove excess dirt, oil, and makeup that your cleanser might not of washed off. Also, I do believe it tightens my pores and helps combat excess oil. It also has a really nice fresh fragrance; it kind of reminds me of being on the seashore or something. There is in fact algae extract as one of the main ingredients; I like that because that is completely natural and a good antioxidant for the skin. Castor oil is also the second ingredient in this toner, and castor oil is renowned for its healing properties at clarifying skin tone.

How I use it is I just simple pore a little bit of this toner onto a cotton ball and I wipe that in upward motions all across my face and neck. It gives a slight tingly feeling on your face, and you just feel so cleansed and refreshed! I follow up with my day or night moisturizer after I use this.

The only 'cons' I can say about this toner is that it is $12 and I know not everybody is committed to paying that much for a toner, especially one that doesn't have a lot of product either. Also, I guess the packaging isn't the greatest, especially if you're someone who often travels around, this toner could easily open up in your suitcase or whatnot. Lastly, if you're not a preservative-friendly person, this toner does contain several different preservatives, probably because if there weren't any, the product would go bad pretty quickly. Personally, though, that doesn't bother me.

Overall, this product's great along with most of The Body Shop's toners. They sometimes do sell this toner in smaller packaging if you wanted to try it out. I recommend!

on 6/2/2012 1:42:00 AM

This toner has a real nice light scent to it. Makes skin feel so silky and smooth! I don't see why people are complaining :/

on 5/10/2012 9:58:00 PM

I use this toner when I find my skin is being a little troublesome (approximately 1-2 times a week as part of my morning skin care routine). I have a slightly oily T-zone and think this product is good at combating the excess oil.

It has a pleasant, clean fragrance.

I would absolutely love if TBS toners came with a pump top!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products