The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 12/4/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my second toner from The Body Shop. The first one I used was the Tea Tree toner. Unfortunately, it was a little too harsh for my face, so I switched to this one since the Seaweed facial scrub was working out quite nicely for me. The smell is a little strong, like others mentioned, but it's a "clean" type of smell. Not anything bad, and I'm definitely fine with that. It works well to clean off the dirt on my face and it leaves my face feeling refreshed, clean and matte. I would purchase this again as my default go-to toner, the only thing that I do not like is the fact that it does have propylparaben in it.

on 8/24/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product really didn't do anything for me. It gave a really nice clean feeling, but that's where it ends. I wasn't a big fan of the scent, either. This stuff smells pretty strongly of baby wipes.

on 8/12/2012 5:30:00 PM

Unfortunately this broke me out.

on 8/12/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I do have oily skin, and rarely go out without at least a TM or concealer. I use a mild face wash (Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser). This toner ALWAYS does a great job of picking up the remaining traces of dirt and oil. I use a total of two cottons: the first cotton is for all over my face and hairline; the second cotton I use for my neck and chest. I find it preps me for my topical acne creams (currently using Proactiv's Step 3). I have tried using Neutrogena's complementary toner (the blue container that says "Alcohol-free") but I find that it does not make me feel clean enough. The Seaweed toner does have alcohol and menthol that gives me a clean and fresh feel without over drying my skin. When using this, I feel less oily throughout the day, but it is in conjunction with other oil-controlling products that I use.

on 7/11/2012 7:33:00 AM

I really like this product. I use this after I wash my face with a body shop cleanser. This toner leaves your skin fresh and it removes ALL the make up which the cleanser couldn't remove.
One Con: sometimes my skin tends to get oily faster after using it but I can't tell if it's because of the toner or something else...
I would buy this product again, because it's the best toner I've ever got my hands on and the price could be worse.

on 7/11/2012 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't really use toner, but this was part of the seaweed starter kit. I use it right after the cleanser. this toner feels very nice and refreshing on the skin, but I haven't noticed any benefits it has over regular witch hazel o_O also, it makes my skin feel a little too dehydrated. the seaweed day cream isn't enough to moisturize my skin after using this and the cleanser, and I supposedly have oily skin!

on 7/8/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I didn't like this, your face doesn't feel squeaky clean after you've used it like alot of toners do, it just sits there on your face god I don't know thee's something about the formula that I don't like. It's just too mild and doesn't feel like it's doing anything at all, no results at all.
Also I went and left this in my bathroom in summer in the heat for 5 days, came back and it's already changed color, it went from being clear to this cloudy whit-ish color, so word of advice don't leave it in the heat it WILL turn it.

on 7/3/2012 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I will edit this review after i've used the toner for a longer period of time, to update about the pore-minimizing effects.

so far, i am very happy about this product. it does its job in removing impurities very well. i used to breakout here and there but this toner really minimized the breakouts tremendously. very happy about it.

i have read in the comments that it might have pore-minimizing effects and does not help in taming oil. will try to take note of that (since i have large pores and a very oily face), and hopefully give a helpful review in these two aspects next time!

on 6/28/2012 4:13:00 PM

I haven't used their skin care lines so i wanted to try one. I also bought few other seaweed products because i really liked the smell. This feels very refreshing but doesn't dry too much. I don't know if it does anything special but i feel my skin has been slightly better after using this.

on 6/9/2012 9:35:00 PM

This is my first Body Shop item that I bought for their line after much decision since my Garnier toner has finally ran out. I've purchased this because this was made specifically for my skin type obviously. I like this better than what I am rating it as (if there is ever a decimal system, that would be lovely) because it does claim what most it has done for my skin. Key word, most.

This product is said to be "an alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner. Instantly and effectively conditions, purifies and refreshes the skin, removing traces of make-up and cleanser." First off, I like that it is alcohol free, and I do think it helps with my pores looking smaller and my overall skin surface in terms of the feel. I have noticed a huge difference when I used this toner with the rest of my skin care products. My skin just feels so much smoother but in terms of appearance wise I think it will take a little bit longer to see results.

However, I do not think this helps with reducing oil or maintaining them. It seems my t-zone area still shine but not a grease ball bad. Though for the price, how much ounces you are getting, and how effective this is, I will not be repurchasing this.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products