July 26, 2014 | 1418 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Blending brush - tapered

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by daniellan83

The brush is very soft and good for blending. however, i do find it too big sometimes, since i have small eyes and lids. plus, although it is much cheaper than mac 217, it can only be used for blending and nothing else, where 217 is very multi-purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by petzgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great blending brush, essential for nights out. I'm so glad sonia kashuk makes great professional brushes for a great price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

GREAT blending brush. Everyone who wears makeup needs one, and this is great for people on a budget. MAC is def. the best, but this one does a good job too and for only $3.99 its worth having it on hand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

I have to say this is a decent brush if you are on a tight budget but if you are really into makeup I would recommend saving up for the Mac 217.

I did a side by side comparison and the Mac 217 blows this brush away. The 217 gives an airbrushed effect and you can use it in multiple ways, to apply eyeshadow to the lid, crease and to the brow. It is truly amazing and will last for years. I was disappointed with the Kashuk brush and returned it. I was hoping it was comparable and a dupe but its not. I purchased the $ 3.99 brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first blending brush and, after using it for a few weeks, I am not sure how I ever lived without one. It makes blending so much easier with better results. I have a few SK brushes and I love them all. Great quality and cheaper than most high end m/u brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I think these are more attractive than her white handle brushes. The handles are sort of a greenish black shimmer and they have a wave bend design. This is just called "blending brush". Not specified if it is a large.. but it looks like a large blender. If you have small eyes, chances are this is too big for you. I think the white handled pointed blender brush would be better for small eyes or those who don't have alot of space between their brow and lashes. These come in a hard plastic case and they are a little more expensive than the original brushes. She has alot that can compare to MAC. If you cannot afford MAC or just choose their basic brushes, then Sonia is the best alternative. I don't know of any of brand or makeup artist that sells them so cheap and they last a long time. Even the Sephora brushes are crap compared to Sonia's.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love SK brushes! This one works great for blending out my shadows, and its soft. No shedding.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by JGarfield

I love this brush! I have been searching for a crease brush that could actually blend out my crease shadows instead of it *looking* like I *tried* to blend them out. I love dark colors and even MAC's beloved 217 could never give my tiny almond-shaped eyes the airbrushed look I wanted even with tons of blending. This brush is great because it can pick up a lot of color and is great for sheer washes of color. But where it shines for me is crease blending. The tip is tapered to a pretty nce point and for tiny eyes this is great! And the fluffiness gives that great airbrushed look. You really could do your entire upper eye with just this brush if you needed to. Sometimes I do just to save time. And don't let the size fool you - at first I thought it would be too big for my eye shape but I find this is the best brush for smaller eyes. I have only had it for 2 days but am already planning on getting another just in case. WONDERFUL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I found this brush. I was contemplating the MAC 224, but I got this instead. I am so happy. This has knocked the MAC 217 off its pedestal and is now my favorite eye brush. It's floppier and less precise than the 217, but does a better job of blending and creating soft, airbrushed looks. I also love it for applying soft washes of color, and applying a brow highlight. I think I need another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I got this for a little over 6 bucks at Target, including tax. Wanted a cheap alternative to my MAC 217/224 for travel, and got this since it has been compared to both. I should mention that in addition to the 217 and 224, I also have the 219, the Sephora crease brush, and the Coastal Scents crease brush. Believe me, they are all entirely different. I'd say that this is not quite a 217, and not at all like the 224. IMHO, this is best for larger washes of color in the crease, when you want a less defined line there. It is stiffer and not as floppy as the 224, and this makes it closer to the 217, but not quite as useful as the 217, since the tip is rounded rather than flattened like the 217. However, overall I'd say this is a worthwhile addition to my brush aresenal, and very good either for blending (when you need something stiffer than a 224) or applying larger, less precise washes of color in the crease. Brush quality itself is pretty outstanding for the price. 5 lippies due to the price/performance of this product.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No