July 28, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i love this body oil; it has a great scent and is easy to spread and does keep me moisturised for the whole day.
it doesnt really soak into my skin like a moisturiser does but thats what i like about this, it is way more moisturising for me.
the price is expensive considering there are a lot of other cheaper lotions out there that i can lather up in and that smell nice for a bigger amount, but i bought mine in america for $8 so to me, it was cheap. when i have to repurchase though (which i will) it will be ablaut $13 and that is very expensive.
the packaging is poor, the oil just squirts out and you can't really control the amount but i would put up with that just for this :)
i also use the sesame lotion too, it has such a great smell and soaks in quickly, i recommend both!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Actually, this review is for the cheapo knock-off "Personal Care Light Body Oil." Got in my local 99 cents outlet. The ingredients are virtually identical to Neutrogena's Body Oil, with the substitution of soybean oil for sesame oil. Also, like Neutrogena's oil, the fragrance could be more appealing, but it's not strong and does not linger.

I purchased this for $1.49 for 6 oz. Being extremely dry, I thought I'd give this a try. Turns out I love it, and even use it on my face. After cleansing w/ a microfiber towel and with my face still damp, I apply this oil, sometimes mixing w/ some Nivea creme. Well, my skin has never, ever felt this smooth, and I can't believe a baby's butt feels any smoother! And hear this, after applying this your foundation will glide on and blend to perfection.

For $1.49, I am still in total shock at the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This has been a go-to moisturizing oil of mine since grade school. I use it during the winter months immediately after the shower. Every once in a while I will use it as a shave lotion too. The trick is to use just a bit and it will absorb readily. I love the scent and enjoy how soft it makes my skin feel. Since my skin can feel very, very dry in winter I also use this with AmLactin cream and the combo is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by maryhamel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently tried this product again (the last time I tried it was probably 15 years ago).

It still works really well, but I don't care for the scent. It's overly floral and sweet, very cloying.

I'm not sure it works any better than any other mineral oil or body oil.

Would probably not try again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really like this oil. It's a lot less oily than baby oil. It feels good on the skin. It moisturized without being too heavy. The scent is very light. It wasn't what I expected (I bought it online), but it wasn't unpleasant. I do like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Monipalm

I use the unscented version (I'm usually not averse to fragrances but must say I really don't like the scent of this one!) and I absolutely LOVE it! I put it on wet skin right after I get out of the shower and air dry for awhile as I'm washing my face and put on my contacts (I think a previous poster described the same thing.) Then I dry with a towel and put on a scented lotion. My skin feels so soft and smooth even before I put the lotion on. I really notice it if I run out or forget and I love the smooth feeling that seems to last all day. Highly recommend (unscented.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I have bought this numerous times, which means I absolutely love this. It does have a faint smellI, but I do find the fragrance fades within 10-15 minutes. If you do not like the smell however, do not bother.
I put in on my skin right after a shower on damp skin. I let my skin absorb it for a few minutes while I get my make up on. I try and apply moisturizer (Aveeno) in the winter for that little extra moisture, but I have found on days I forget, which is often, it makes little difference. The oil definitely gives my legs a bit of a sheen. In the summer I can get away with wearing no pantyhose as the sheen gives it more of a polished look than simple moisturizer does.
I do stock up on this when SDM has it on sale, but I do find a bottle seems to last forever. Will keep on re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product. I suffer with eczema and the winter was murder on my skin. My derm says that this most resembles your body oil. Very natural. You can even let it sink in then put some cream over it. The reviewer before me mentioned if you don't like fragrance forget this. well it comes fragrance free too. Just a fabulous product at a very fair price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Tunita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HERE'S THE KEY to using this body oil (if you hate the smell, don't bother):

Apply liberally to (really douse) a pair of body buffing/scrubby gloves toward the end of your shower, when skin is warm and softened up. Scrub, scrub, scrub! Pay special attention to rough spots, bottom, backs of legs.

Dead skin washes away, skin feels like a baby's, and you can skip the after-shower lotion.

I have used this INSTEAD of body wash daily for years now and it has buffed away dark spots, uneven color, etc., and it even prevents ingrown hairs.

Miracle method, you will GLOW.

xoxo
E

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't moisturize enough for anyone with less than balanced skin. I have patches of dry skin on my upper arms and legs and after numerous applications right after showering this didn't bring any more than a temporary fix. I suppose someone with better skin than mine might find this worthy as it is not a worthless product, far from it. I still like how it fades rather fast into my skin.