April 16, 2014 | 975 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Monipalm

I use the unscented version (I'm usually not averse to fragrances but must say I really don't like the scent of this one!) and I absolutely LOVE it! I put it on wet skin right after I get out of the shower and air dry for awhile as I'm washing my face and put on my contacts (I think a previous poster described the same thing.) Then I dry with a towel and put on a scented lotion. My skin feels so soft and smooth even before I put the lotion on. I really notice it if I run out or forget and I love the smooth feeling that seems to last all day. Highly recommend (unscented.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

I have bought this numerous times, which means I absolutely love this. It does have a faint smellI, but I do find the fragrance fades within 10-15 minutes. If you do not like the smell however, do not bother.
I put in on my skin right after a shower on damp skin. I let my skin absorb it for a few minutes while I get my make up on. I try and apply moisturizer (Aveeno) in the winter for that little extra moisture, but I have found on days I forget, which is often, it makes little difference. The oil definitely gives my legs a bit of a sheen. In the summer I can get away with wearing no pantyhose as the sheen gives it more of a polished look than simple moisturizer does.
I do stock up on this when SDM has it on sale, but I do find a bottle seems to last forever. Will keep on re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by rays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product. I suffer with eczema and the winter was murder on my skin. My derm says that this most resembles your body oil. Very natural. You can even let it sink in then put some cream over it. The reviewer before me mentioned if you don't like fragrance forget this. well it comes fragrance free too. Just a fabulous product at a very fair price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Tunita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HERE'S THE KEY to using this body oil (if you hate the smell, don't bother):

Apply liberally to (really douse) a pair of body buffing/scrubby gloves toward the end of your shower, when skin is warm and softened up. Scrub, scrub, scrub! Pay special attention to rough spots, bottom, backs of legs.

Dead skin washes away, skin feels like a baby's, and you can skip the after-shower lotion.

I have used this INSTEAD of body wash daily for years now and it has buffed away dark spots, uneven color, etc., and it even prevents ingrown hairs.

Miracle method, you will GLOW.

xoxo
E

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't moisturize enough for anyone with less than balanced skin. I have patches of dry skin on my upper arms and legs and after numerous applications right after showering this didn't bring any more than a temporary fix. I suppose someone with better skin than mine might find this worthy as it is not a worthless product, far from it. I still like how it fades rather fast into my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's been a brutal winter here in the "Great White North" and my skin has been so dry and itchy. The other week, I remembered that I had this body oil, put aside because of the unbearable smell, in a cupboard of extra/disused products. I brought it out last week to try once again and immediately remembered why I'd put it aside. It is a very good product for moisturising body skin and locking in moisture after a bath or shower - I have no quibbles with that. But the smell - it's this sickly sweet smell that I associate with unwashed people who then put on heavily scented talc to mask their body odor. I actually work with a woman who is morbidly obese and even though she is clean, she has an unpleasant body odor. This oil puts me in mind of how she smells. The scent of this oil is really awful - and it simply doesn't go away. Even applying fragrance afterward doesn't mask or overpower the smell of this stuff. So even though the product does a good job, I cannot bear to use it and that's why I've given in 2 lippies (1 is because it does work!)

I bought and discarded a bottle of this years ago and discarded it because of the smell. When I repurchased my current bottle a few years back, I was really hopeful Neutrogena had done something about the off-putting smell but, alas, they hadn't. I think I will look for the unscented version of this because it's a good product or maybe buy a bottle of some sort of essential oil to see if maybe a few drops of THAT will smother the clinging, vile smell of this body oil.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes it moisturized nicely when applied to damp skin after a shower but the smell, horrific chemical floral. We do not have the unscented version in nz and it was quite expensive to buy here also. I had to chuck it as the smell was awful and lingered forever on anything it touched.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did not moisturize my skin enough to be worth the greasiness and effort. I get very dry, very itchy winter skin, and regardless of how I applied it (lightly, rubbed in, in shower, after shower), it didn't give me sufficient moisturization. I certainly felt it all day, but not as moisture--as a covering.
Perhaps this is better for people with skin that dries out during the day, not those of us who need *added* moisture.
The biggest problem, however, was that I had a reaction to it! I had knee surgery, and I used it a few times on the month-old, fully healed area. My entire knee was red, itchy, and burning! I don't think this would affect normal skin, but since my skin was already sensitized, I ended up with dermatitis. I believe it was the isopropyl myristate, but can't be sure.
If you don't usually find oil-based products moisturizing, this one definitely is NOT for you. Plain shea butter, petroleum jelly, and aquaphor are all non-moisturizing for me, just like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ktwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this body oil! It smells divine, and is amazing and moisturizing the skin. Though it's moisturizing, it isnt enough moisture for my very dry skin in the winter. In the Spring/Summer/Fall, this is my go-to moisturizer and I'm on my third 32oz bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by louloubarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a quick and great way to lightly moisturize your skin post-shower. The scent is so sexy, I can't get enough. I use it while I'm still in the shower but after I've turned off the water because the packaging sucks. I always spill a little bit of oil. Oh well, at least the bottle is plastic. I'll buy the costco pump version next time.