Neutrogena Body Oil with Sesame

4.1

Isopropyl Myristate, Sesame Seed Oil, PEG 40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Propylparaben, BHT, Fragrance

on 1/17/2013 11:25:00 AM

I have loved this product for years -- it has been my go-to body lotion and my husband raves about my body skin (I'm not telling!).
Here's the question -- has the formula changed? The latest bottle seems like the product is thinner and a bit less moisturizing. Has anyone else come across this?

on 9/24/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was a great light oil, but I found the smell was very over-powering and did not go away. It was not a nice clean smell either, but a highly floral one or like some bad 60's incense. It's a question of taste. I am not knocking anyone who likes it, just warning people that it does have a strong fragrance. I might not like fragrance in products, but if I really like a product, it won't stop me from using it. I could not get past this one for some reason.

I loved everything else about this product. I am tempted to try the fragrance free version, but some say that it has a mild fragrance. I'd be OK with that, but some said that about this.

on 7/18/2012 8:11:00 PM

I got this yesterday and it's amazing, I have only used it once and I love it. I thought it would be a bit messy applying oil straight from the bottle but it's so easy. The scent is divine, not too strong, smells very similar to floral essential oils. It absorbs quickly so it doesn't leave me feeling all greasy and gross and plus makes my skin feel so soft. This is defintely on its way to being my HG body oil, much better than all the others I've tried.

on 6/21/2012 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so I am lazy. with a capital LLLL. So when I stumbled upon this, I figured it would be so much better than meticulously applying lotion every day. And it totally is. I thought I'd found my HG. Until, I started getting nasty pustules every where. Sensitive skin ladies beware!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this for the first time because I read online that this would help my very dry skin. I had alot of problems with little red bumps on the back of my arms and worst, on my thighs. They were terrible! Then I started using this after getting out of the shower and I was very pleasantly surprised at the result. My thighs have never been so smooth, and the red bumps? Gone. Amazing. After all the different products I've used to try to solve this problem! I love this stuff!ONLY downside is the smell. A little too overpowering for me, the first few times I used this i almost felt sick from the smell. Now it doesn't bother me as much. It isn't a bad smell, just strong,

on 3/13/2012 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This stuff is old school. "If it works why fix it?" is an old, but true cliche, especially when it comes to this Sesame Oil from Neutrogena. It's been around forever and is "old as the hills." It's a great product nonetheless! After stepping out your bath/shower (hopefully after you used a body scrub) you towel dry yourself, but not completely as you take this very thin/lightweight oil and apply sparingly to your hands/body and massage it in w/your hands. Throw a robe on and in 5 minutes you're ready to dress as the oil has sunk in, making your skin feel like silk by locking the moisture from your bath/shower into the skin. This has a distinct fragrance additive so test it before buying to make sure you like the scent.
Another GREAT use: Apply to warm/wet skin that is about to be shaved and apply your shaving cream/gel on top of the oil. It lubricates the skin and provides more slip between skin and razor. You'll never get a nick and shaving irritation will be squelched from the Sesame Oli. Another light layer after shaving heals/softens further. A man can use it this way for his beard as well though I'd skip using it afterwards and apply a moisturizer or after shave soothing cream. It works wonders!!! Other lightweight oils are also great for under your shave cream/gel as a slippery cushion for your razor, sparing your skin from certain razor burn/friction. It adds to those little slippery strips above your blades and when they wear out and feel dry this is the perfect antidote. Your blade may still be good, just not the strip. A way to get more from worn out razor strips!!

on 3/11/2012 11:45:00 AM

Had been using Palmer's Body Oil for the past 9 months, and absolutely loved everything about it and what it did for my skin. Finally, my partners dislike of the chocolate scent made me give Neutrogena a go. Firstly, I hated the scent. Reminded me of toilet spray. It's so cheap and synthetic - not at all like the florals I've read it described as. But, it faded quickly which was great, and didn't clash with my perfume. I soon became accustomed to the scent, but after about a month of using daily after my shower, I broke out into the worst rash! Dry scaly patches of skin, and it was really really itchy. So much so I'd scratch in my sleep and wake up with the skin broken. Still trying to figure out what ingredient it is I'm having a reaction to... but I went straight back to Palmers, and might investigate virgin coconut oil or jojoba next.

Loved it until I read the label and found out that is had propylparabens in it. Seriously ? I dont see why that had to be added. I wont buy it until that is removed and can make my own by purchasing sesame oil !

on 2/3/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. It's great because it's so light and absorbs really fast. Plus, my skin gets a nice healthy glow after it has been absorbed. Just a couple drops are all that you need so it lasts quite a while. Mine doesn't have a strong scent, it's pretty neutral.

on 2/3/2012 9:38:00 PM

I love this stuff and I never thought I would say this because I absolutely hate anything that might feel heavy or greasy on skin. When you want to apply this, your skin must be a bit wet not soaking wet ( I leaned that the hard way!). Do not use too much , a little goes a long way . It does take a bit of time to fully sink into skin , but if you use the right amount this doesn't feel heavy by any means. I love the smell , it smells sweet and the scent lasts for 20 minutes or so but then it goes away. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized even the next day and also when you apply it , it gives the skin a nice sheen. The only negative thing about this product is the packaging. It comes in a plastic bottle which makes the application a bit hard and messy , be very careful not to drop the bottle on the floor unless you want to spend half an hour scrubbing your bathroom floor. Overall, this is a lovely prodcut and I will definitely buy this again.