October 23, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Body Oil with Sesame

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is old school. "If it works why fix it?" is an old, but true cliche, especially when it comes to this Sesame Oil from Neutrogena. It's been around forever and is "old as the hills." It's a great product nonetheless! After stepping out your bath/shower (hopefully after you used a body scrub) you towel dry yourself, but not completely as you take this very thin/lightweight oil and apply sparingly to your hands/body and massage it in w/your hands. Throw a robe on and in 5 minutes you're ready to dress as the oil has sunk in, making your skin feel like silk by locking the moisture from your bath/shower into the skin. This has a distinct fragrance additive so test it before buying to make sure you like the scent.
Another GREAT use: Apply to warm/wet skin that is about to be shaved and apply your shaving cream/gel on top of the oil. It lubricates the skin and provides more slip between skin and razor. You'll never get a nick and shaving irritation will be squelched from the Sesame Oli. Another light layer after shaving heals/softens further. A man can use it this way for his beard as well though I'd skip using it afterwards and apply a moisturizer or after shave soothing cream. It works wonders!!! Other lightweight oils are also great for under your shave cream/gel as a slippery cushion for your razor, sparing your skin from certain razor burn/friction. It adds to those little slippery strips above your blades and when they wear out and feel dry this is the perfect antidote. Your blade may still be good, just not the strip. A way to get more from worn out razor strips!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by gemswah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Had been using Palmer's Body Oil for the past 9 months, and absolutely loved everything about it and what it did for my skin. Finally, my partners dislike of the chocolate scent made me give Neutrogena a go. Firstly, I hated the scent. Reminded me of toilet spray. It's so cheap and synthetic - not at all like the florals I've read it described as. But, it faded quickly which was great, and didn't clash with my perfume. I soon became accustomed to the scent, but after about a month of using daily after my shower, I broke out into the worst rash! Dry scaly patches of skin, and it was really really itchy. So much so I'd scratch in my sleep and wake up with the skin broken. Still trying to figure out what ingredient it is I'm having a reaction to... but I went straight back to Palmers, and might investigate virgin coconut oil or jojoba next.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by IrishAnesthetist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved it until I read the label and found out that is had propylparabens in it. Seriously ? I dont see why that had to be added. I wont buy it until that is removed and can make my own by purchasing sesame oil !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by idkmaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff. It's great because it's so light and absorbs really fast. Plus, my skin gets a nice healthy glow after it has been absorbed. Just a couple drops are all that you need so it lasts quite a while. Mine doesn't have a strong scent, it's pretty neutral.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by avi00z

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff and I never thought I would say this because I absolutely hate anything that might feel heavy or greasy on skin. When you want to apply this, your skin must be a bit wet not soaking wet ( I leaned that the hard way!). Do not use too much , a little goes a long way . It does take a bit of time to fully sink into skin , but if you use the right amount this doesn't feel heavy by any means. I love the smell , it smells sweet and the scent lasts for 20 minutes or so but then it goes away. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized even the next day and also when you apply it , it gives the skin a nice sheen. The only negative thing about this product is the packaging. It comes in a plastic bottle which makes the application a bit hard and messy , be very careful not to drop the bottle on the floor unless you want to spend half an hour scrubbing your bathroom floor. Overall, this is a lovely prodcut and I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i love this body oil; it has a great scent and is easy to spread and does keep me moisturised for the whole day.
it doesnt really soak into my skin like a moisturiser does but thats what i like about this, it is way more moisturising for me.
the price is expensive considering there are a lot of other cheaper lotions out there that i can lather up in and that smell nice for a bigger amount, but i bought mine in america for $8 so to me, it was cheap. when i have to repurchase though (which i will) it will be ablaut $13 and that is very expensive.
the packaging is poor, the oil just squirts out and you can't really control the amount but i would put up with that just for this :)
i also use the sesame lotion too, it has such a great smell and soaks in quickly, i recommend both!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Actually, this review is for the cheapo knock-off "Personal Care Light Body Oil." Got in my local 99 cents outlet. The ingredients are virtually identical to Neutrogena's Body Oil, with the substitution of soybean oil for sesame oil. Also, like Neutrogena's oil, the fragrance could be more appealing, but it's not strong and does not linger.

I purchased this for $1.49 for 6 oz. Being extremely dry, I thought I'd give this a try. Turns out I love it, and even use it on my face. After cleansing w/ a microfiber towel and with my face still damp, I apply this oil, sometimes mixing w/ some Nivea creme. Well, my skin has never, ever felt this smooth, and I can't believe a baby's butt feels any smoother! And hear this, after applying this your foundation will glide on and blend to perfection.

For $1.49, I am still in total shock at the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

This has been a go-to moisturizing oil of mine since grade school. I use it during the winter months immediately after the shower. Every once in a while I will use it as a shave lotion too. The trick is to use just a bit and it will absorb readily. I love the scent and enjoy how soft it makes my skin feel. Since my skin can feel very, very dry in winter I also use this with AmLactin cream and the combo is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by maryhamel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently tried this product again (the last time I tried it was probably 15 years ago).

It still works really well, but I don't care for the scent. It's overly floral and sweet, very cloying.

I'm not sure it works any better than any other mineral oil or body oil.

Would probably not try again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I really like this oil. It's a lot less oily than baby oil. It feels good on the skin. It moisturized without being too heavy. The scent is very light. It wasn't what I expected (I bought it online), but it wasn't unpleasant. I do like this product.