The Body Shop Lip Butter - Mango

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This product is great for a one time use! I mean, I truly love this product. It leaves your lips feeling soft and moisturzed. But once your lips are active-Talking and such, the lip butter will start to move to the sides of your mouth and form a gooey white spot :o
It's kind of gross. But other than that and having to wipe it off every 5 minutes, it's pretty good.

on 7/3/2010 6:04:00 AM

The Body Shop Lip Butters are hands down the best lip balms out there. Being a lip balm addict, I have tried sooo many lip balms, and these are the best. By far. Mango has the same gorgeous moisturising properties and amazing smell as all the others. However, unlike some, I don't find that this one leaves a white residue at all. So if you're someone who wants to try these but doesn't like the residue, I would suggest Mango.

on 6/7/2010 3:00:00 PM

I have an almost full pot of this just sitting in my drawer. It does smell good, but I agree it leaves a white residue on lips. Also - THE TASTE. Yes, I can taste it even just having it on my lips, and it's terrible. I've never been able to taste lip balm before (at least not in a bad way) but this is really bad. I need to brush my teeth or chew gum after using it. I can hardly even say anything about the moisturizing properties of this - I had to take it off straight away!

on 6/6/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Two lippies purely for the awesome scent. It smells sooo good, I cannot get over it. It would be perfect if it moisturized though. But it didn't. It kind of dried out my lips and left them feeling weird and with residue. Oh well. Maybe I'll use it on top of a moisturizing lip balm.

on 1/24/2010 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as a gift recently. Having tried TBS's Lip Butter in 'Nut' scent a few years ago (and having found it highly disappointing!), I didn't hold much hope for this one. Again, this product has a nice smell, but a not-so-great texture, and zero moisturizing ability. Quite overpriced, too. Would not recommend this.

on 11/13/2009 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The mango scent is absolutely delicious, can't get enough of the smell. However, the consistency and texture is horrible. Dries out your lips after awhile and makes them flaky. Also, in cold weather, it becomes all hard and dry, whilst in summer, it just melts. Would prefer a stick to the pot, not very hygenic with all the finger dipping.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So mad I paid $8 for this. I bought it at the airport, and it does a horrible job moisturizing my lips. It smells delicious, but I would not purchase this again.

on 5/7/2009 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

the scent is great but the texture was too drying. didnt moisturize at all.

on 4/18/2009 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tossed this one...bought it for the plane when I was going to Mexico...I didn't think it was moisturizing at all...I liked the scent I guess but the texture was so drying...

on 4/14/2009 6:29:00 PM

I recently gave this a try after smelling all the flavors at the store. I'm a fan of the body butter and the old school morello cherry lip balm from back in the day.
I loved the mango smell, for those on the east coast, smells just like Mango Water Ice. I didn't try it on in the store though. also, was shocked that it was $8 when I was paying for it. I was thinking maybe $5? I figured, this better be good lip balm!
The consistency is weird for lip balm, it's sort of white and thick, like putting the actual "body" butter on your lips. It looks white if you put too much on, but it slides off very easily, not so moisturizing. As good as it smelled, it's sort of nauseating after the first couple uses.
I'm mad at myself for paying $8 for this stuff, wont buy again.

Popular Lip Treatments