April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter - Mango

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So mad I paid $8 for this. I bought it at the airport, and it does a horrible job moisturizing my lips. It smells delicious, but I would not purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

the scent is great but the texture was too drying. didnt moisturize at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I tossed this one...bought it for the plane when I was going to Mexico...I didn't think it was moisturizing at all...I liked the scent I guess but the texture was so drying...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by niakelly

I recently gave this a try after smelling all the flavors at the store. I'm a fan of the body butter and the old school morello cherry lip balm from back in the day.
I loved the mango smell, for those on the east coast, smells just like Mango Water Ice. I didn't try it on in the store though. also, was shocked that it was $8 when I was paying for it. I was thinking maybe $5? I figured, this better be good lip balm!
The consistency is weird for lip balm, it's sort of white and thick, like putting the actual "body" butter on your lips. It looks white if you put too much on, but it slides off very easily, not so moisturizing. As good as it smelled, it's sort of nauseating after the first couple uses.
I'm mad at myself for paying $8 for this stuff, wont buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:35:00 AM More reviews by 3lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love The Body Shop's Lip Butters!
The mango taste and smell are wonderful and my lips felt moisturised and look great too. The price is reasonable and so it the packaging but I wouldn't buy it again as I personally prefer the Born Lippy Balms by The Body Shop instead ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loooove The Body Shop's Mango scent! It has to be my favorite smell. I've been using this product since I was 17(I'm 25 now) and I still love it today as much as I did when I first discovered it. I recently went to repurchase my beloved Mango Body Butter and decided to try this. It smells SOOO good! I took off a lippie because it doesn't moiturize too well but the scent overpowers anything bad I could say about this!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this lip balm!!!
It smells good, yes! but there's no moisturising feature. I like TBS honey lip balm (the stick one) but the born lippy (or sth like that) and lip butter just don't work at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what is with all the Body SHop lip butters. When you first smell them they smell sooo divine, after 3 times of usage they smell fake and gross. I have the papaya one (don't buy it), the grapefruit one and this one. When I was in store all of them smelt soo good! Now i just don't want to even open them. They are pretty costy for lipbalms, and they don't work. None of them work. They only work if you wear them while you sleep, so no lip smacking, no licking, no talking, no eating. Otherwise turns your lips all cracked and gross. Leave white lines. I am granting 2 lippies, 1 for the cute packaging, 1 because today is sunny.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by shaesquared

Heavenly mango smell! Though other users said that this didn't moisturize very well, I found it to be alright. Or maybe it's jsut because I always lather on my lip products. Either way, the amazing scent makes up for all its faults!

It's a good product overall, but I wouldn't buy this one again; I'd be getting the Passion Fruit!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ilec

I thought the smell of this product was divine! it goes on nicely with a bit of shine and, the only down side is that its not very moisturizing....but i would buy it again coz it smells so great.