April 20, 2014 | 1652 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam III

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

Lovely muted plum-blackberry shade, completely matte, semi-goth but looks so classy at the same time. I love this l/s!! I think this could work on a number of complexions. It's not too blue, not too brown, not too warm...works beautifully well with my NC27 skin tone. Would definitely not want to run out of this! UPDATE: I am not crazy about the formula on this l/s...it dries out my lips like crazy...I still love the color, though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 8:24:00 AM More reviews by FourFortyFive

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iím a huge fan of Viva Glam III and will always have this in my traincase...itís MY color! Dark, sultry, slightly gothish on ppp nw15 me. I wear this blotted on and slightly sheered out with a red lipliner (to up the red factor) for gorgeous high contrast drama between my lips and skin. I just canít get away from it.

I LOVE the matte formula and MACís description of ďmuted-brownish plumĒ describes the color in the tube well. On my lips and sheered out though, this becomes a deep, muted burgundy. Never thought that a red liner would work so well, but it blends right in. (I use Rimmelís l/l in ďravishĒ.) Will keep repurchasing!

NW15, green eyes, blondish/brown hair continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by fashionablysensitive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a simply wonderful lip color. The deep brick red is seductively glamourous in a huge way and reminiscent of screen beauties of the silent film era. Very dark, matte, and sexy. Goes on very smoothly and softly as well. Could make anybody feel glamourous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 4:42:00 PM More reviews by tanni

My staple lip color! God, I don't know how anyone could hate this product, or give it a low rating, unless they're just looking to complain. Buy this! It's wonderful, and would work with many skintones and looks. And if you don't like it, look at the other Viva Glams, there's FIVE other choices! Plus, I think you're supporting AIDS studies when you buy this... It's good stuff. I'd buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a deep, matte, muted berry. It's a tad too dark, but that's easily remedied by applying it sparingly. Plus it has that great vanilla scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 1:42:00 AM More reviews by fragrancefreak

This is my first MAC lippie that got me hooked onto MAC. It's matte, a deep plummy berry sort of a colour, and goes on very well. Doesn't have a hint of a brown or red on me. This is a very 'safe' shade of lipstick, goes with mnay looks and would suit a lot of skin tones in my opinion. Don't try this one though if you don't like matte.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Upon first inspection, this intense matte dark brick red scared my hair skinny. Dark lip colors of any kind usually leave me reeling with horrendous memories of high school when I donned the ever-so-popular ďnear-black lipstickĒ look. Ha ha, shut up, I thought I was so cool! ;) But anyway I figured since this lipstick was for a good cause, I simply had to spring for it. And yep, this is the darkest lipstick I own. Itís like a way darker Dubonnet (which I swapped away after acquiring this). Iím not going to lie, it is a bit daunting on the lips. I canít seem to wear it unless I do a very simple eye look or I just look plain silly. This matte lipstick is a bit drying, of course, but the lasting power is pretty impressive, save for the last few hours in which it fades into a sickly looking feather-red mess on the lips. I doubt Iíll be using this lipstick often and I canít say I would repurchase it, but itís cool to have around for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a gorgeous, classic browned berry lipstick--very pigmented. The color reminds me of Vincent Longo's Belle Etoile, but the texture is more matte and less moisturizing, and it is less brown, which is good for the cool-toned. It's a dramatic, lovely, dark but wearable shade; it may look a little goth on this PPP, but it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i've bought SEVERAL tubes of this over the years. i love it! it's my favorite because it's the perfect color for my skin tone. if i could only have one lipstick in the world it would be this. depending on the lip liner and lip glosses i use with this i can create tons of different looks. it's listed as a matte but it's not drying, goes on smooth and is a good color year round. the money goes to an aids charity so i like that but it also means you can't get it as part of the recycle program but that's okay....it's for a good cause. try it on if you're looking for a nice color (btw: i'm a brown skinned black woman)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Killer deep browned burgandy without the berry or fuscia undertones I usually fear with these darker reddish shades..my only complaint is the extremely dry texture that makes it kind've hard to apply..You need to make sure your lips are moisturized.And I recommend applying a gloss over it..For reference I'm LLL w/ golden undertones (JI Warm Silk,LM Warm Ivory La Praire Creme Peche, KA SSE 05)