April 16, 2014 | 1532 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 10:57:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

Too oily, doesn't take off all my waterproof mascara. :( Still searching for the perfect eye makeup remover... (The reason why Chanel's Bi-Phase is not "perfect" is because it's too expensive!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I used Neutrogena's Dual Phase version for awhile in the blue bottle, however, the Neutrogena is so gentle that it is too gentle to remove much of anything, I had to use so much to get anything off. This does sting slightly, thus, the four lippies, but it does an overall better job of getting off my eye makeup than the Neutrogena.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by keahi

At first I was thrilled to find this because I thought it did as good a job as the Clinique and Lancome dual phase removers I'd been using. After awhile though I noticed my eyelid skin was getting drier and more fragile feeling. And my eyes were bloodshot and itchy more often. I've since switched removers and had much better luck. I didn't really think to blame this MU remover until reading these reviews and noticing how many other people had irritating experiences with this product. This stuff is bad news I guess.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by poegrl

This is a terrible product in my opinion. It removed my eye makeup, but it irritated my eyes so badly that they were swollen and red. Also, if you're planning on wearing eye makeup right after using this, it won't go on well and slides right off, looking a mess. This also makes a mess if you're trying to correct mascara mistakes. Oh, and the cap is almost impossible to get off, which is so very, very annoying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 11:54:00 AM More reviews by peeblo

This is decent because it definitely does the job, but on me it burns my eyes so I will not repurchase. UPDATE: I had to lower my rating to 2 because I just compared it to Clinique's blue remover (not the oily one) and it just blows this out of the water. With the clinique, (granted it is more expensive), the makeup comes off in a few swipes. With the Almay I would be going over and over my eyes and it would just remove a little at a time, and always leave some makeup behind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 4:54:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't had the best luck with eye make-up removers before, they've all bothered my eyes. I was tired of using Vaseline but I didn't want to waste the $$$ on Clinique Take The Day Off. I'm so glad I picked this up at Target (for $5!). It removes ALL of my eye make-up and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. My HG eye make-up remover, I'll keep on repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2005 10:47:00 AM More reviews by tisramay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave this product a two rather than a one, because it does actually work at taking off eye makeup. However, it clouded up my contacts and burned my sensitive eye-area skin. Once the stinging finally calmed down, i went to bed. In the morning, my skin was flaking and peeling off where it must have been chemically burned from the eye makeup remover. Ouch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2005 1:34:00 PM More reviews by zpirsig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only drugstore brand which removed all of my eye makeup without clouding up my contacts. You have to press it on with a cotton pad for a couple of seconds, and then remove. My only complaint is the packaging - the childproof cap is an unnecessary pain. EDIT: this started to sting my eyes and actually caused bumps underneath my eyes. Tossed it out and purchased Vichy. Much much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Kangie8

I love this product. There are not many drug store eye makeup removers that can effectively remove all the water proof eye makeup i wear everyday (eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner, concealer) but this is very effective. I use it usually atleast once a day, everyday and have had no problems with it. No irritations, dryness or residue. It is cheap, effective and great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by deekz

It's like Lancome's Bi-Facial, only cheaper. Easily cut through my waterproof eyeliner, but I still have to try it when I wear mascara (I'll update then). It's greasy though, so if that's not your thing, steer clear of this. I just take another cotton pad, soak it with water, and wipe it over my lids to get rid of it. Doesn't irritate or dry out my eye area at all as well. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the packaging. It's way too hard to open, which is a hassle since you don't want the oil or whatever it is to settle to the bottom.