April 24, 2014 | 2009 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Manipulator

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by JInglygypsy

Meh.
I mean, I don't know, I guess I thought I would be more impressed. I have super short pixie hair, and I always heard this is great for that, so I decided to try it out. It does define the different textures and layers of my cut, but it doesn't really perform all that well. After applying just a little of this on it's own my hair looks heavier and more solid (or helmet-like). I have been experimenting by combining a little of this with other similar products in my hand before applying, and that seems to help things a bit, but my expectation of this product was that it could stand alone. I will not be buying this again as it is too pricey for such a lackluster product. Oh, it smells good, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome! It smells good, doesn't get stiff or greasy or gross and a little goes a long way. I have short (chin length) curly hair and have used this pretty continuously from short and spiky to now. A little goes a long way with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Ag14500

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product. It's great for my super thick-short hair. I can do spikes, waves, enhance my curls and I can depend on it when my hair is stubborn. I will say, this is exspenive! I bought the Biggie, 4 oz jar. Normally this comes in a 2 oz. jar for like $20. But a little goes a long way. The only critique I have is that this made my blonde highlights look very dull compared to other products I've used.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ogotham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this stuff since about 2001 actually haha and i always abandon it after i get a longer hair style, and just let my hair's curls provide all the volume/texture. but every time i get a short hair cut, i find myself reaching back for it! I have black hair that I dye blonde, and so a nice thick goop is really what I need because my hair can be on the dryer side. I love the finish- not too glossy, and the hold. I'm not using it for huge spikes in my hair or anything, just as a pomade to muss up my hair, but it lasted most of the day for me. the price is a little steep, but it really lasts a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear my hair very short and texturized and this is a great product for that style. Gives it that piecy look that shows all the different layers. Be careful to only use a tiny bit because if you use too much it will weigh your hair down and make it look greasy. Or that is my experience. Great product that I have repurchased over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I managed to buy this at a salon that sells it's products in bulk, on sale for $12 Canadian!!! I wanted to like this product and had high expectations, however, when my fringe was growing out, it didn't control the direction of my fringe. I wanted a section of my fringe to stay to one side, but 'Manipulator' didn't work. Instead the product made my hair stiff and greasy. For controlling a fringe, I would suggest a gel instead. If this stuff works for you, it will last you forever. Also it's pina colada scent smells very yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

loooove this because a) really tames fly-aways. b) creates a great edgy and piecey look. c) makes your hair smell awesome (coconut <333). d) you need a small amount

definitely a HG in my hair product collection

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by laughing

For reference: I have medium/long, fine, naturally straight/very slight wave, normal thickness, layered hair.
I am kind of neutral about this product. After all the rave reviews I've seen, and the fact that everyone seems to have it and love it, I decided to get it. I got it for $17.50, which is expensive for a hair product. But, a little goes a verrry long way with this, so it should last a very long time. The jar is kind of an awkward packaging, its messy when it gets on the lid.
This will make your hair very greasy if you use too much. I only use like 1 - 2 pea sized amounts. It seems like it would work very well on short hair, the hold doesn't really work for longer hair unless hairspray is used with it. First time I used it, I rubbed between my fingers to emulsify it, and distributed it in my damp hair then blew dry. I honestly didnt notice anything different about my hair. When dry, I used a little on the ends of my hair and ends of the layers around my face, and that worked okay to texturize them a little. It works for volume with a little teasing, but needs hairspray to hold it well. Great for taming fly aways. I don't know, maybe it's just my hair (my hair doesn't hold a curl or do anything really..), but this product is nothing special for me.
I gave up on using it on wet hair, so now I just take a pea, rub in my hands, and use that in my dry hair. Gives it a little volume and the messy just got out of bed look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I use this product to rock out my fine layered hair. The trick is to emulsify it thoroughly between your hands using lots of friction. Start with a small amount and add as you go, a little goes a long way.
Manipulator gives me a piece-y, messy look that is controllable and full. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by meghan_van

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this when I chopped my hair off and had really short layers. It did a really good job of piecing out my hair. I LOVE the smell. It lasts a really long time, so even though its kind of expensive I think its worth it. My hair is longer now, so I don't use it as much anymore, but it works good when I do my hair curly.