July 29, 2014 | 969 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always carry a small tub of this around with me. For those dry skin moments this can't be beat. I always take it on holiday to use for a night time after sun exposure and in my handbag its there for dry hands and lip gloss. For something that seems so greasy it dosent block pores. Not a fan of the original because it stinks (medicated cheese??!), but I do like the fragrance free. It still has a wierd smell but its more subtle and bearable

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

I read the good reviews so i got one. The first thing you have to know about is the smell, it's exactly like my grandma's Medicated Oil, I am serious!!! It's just not something you can consider as a cosmetic product. Bear this in mind before you purchase it.
It might be a fascinating find for some people but definitely not for me. However, it doesn't break me out or cause me any problem. It just doesn't do anything for me and is kinda pricy for an essencial balm(instead of a cream, in my opinion).
If you have extremly dry lips or skin patches and you are looking for an urgent solution, give it a try. For makeup/skin care products I wouldn't even think about it as it stinks SO MUCH!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing product! We've always had a tube of this at home for as long as I can remember. It's a life saver on so many levels: rashes, scars, dry patches, chapped lips, hands, hair... it works miracles. A friend of mine had burnt her face real badly with boiling oil (ouch!) and I gave her my tube of 8 hour cream; within a week her face had healed completely! I also use it after a breakout to prevent acne scars. The smell might be offputting but I kind of like it; it seems to remind you that it is medicine rather than a beauty product. It is worth every penny and a little goes a long way. Everybody should have a tube of 8 hour cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by seenaplusstyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my 1st review on MUA and this amazing product is the reason. My sister had recommended the 8 Hour Cream to me as a well known HG item, but I'd never heard of it. Then I got pink eye (both eyes!) and the baby shampoo the Dr. recommended I use in a compress gave me an allergic reaction and left my eyes swelled up with dry, crusty patches on my lids. They felt awful. My normal eye creams burned. In desperation, I bought a tube of the 8 hour cream. Within 48 hours my lids were smooth again. No breakouts. Recently I noticed at the end of the day my skin looked really flaky even though it was oily. It'd soaked up my foundation and close up my skin looked patchy and dry. Yuck! I used my clarisonic, twice, and slathered on the 8 Hour Cream. I was worried because my skin is really sensitive; I thought for sure I'd have a couple of pimples. NONE! And when I woke up my skin was so soft. I also love this product on my lips. Highly recommend. Great for travel as an all purpose item. It's a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

Smells like cadavers to me- (preserved bodies in an anatomy lab). YUCK YUCK YUCK
Texture is a sticky icky disgusting

Maybe Elizabeth's horses didn't mind being lathered in this product but I DO. Neigh neigh neigh I whinee.

(Ok theres a scent free version nowadays but the texture is still ick).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Ditadee

Ok, so I've had a little bit of eczema on my face for about 10 years not badly, but its quite annoying as literally no cream, moisturiser or healthy diet/ 2 litres of water etc will relieve it.
I have literally tried more creams than I can list here and nothing, NOTHING even touched the sides to keep the intense dryness/redness at bay.
Most expensive creams contain fragrances so were irritating or just weren't rich enough to combat the dryness, (or did but didn't last for longer than a few minutes and had to be re-applied)
I tried the fragrance free version which in my opinion still smells like the original and although most people dislike the smell I don't find it offensive at all and I wouldn't care even if I did as the fact is, THIS STUFF WORKS and it last for ages as well.
The salicylic acid is really great for rough skin and vitamin E which is very moisturising and antioxidant.
Just a small dab will sooth and moisturise the driest of skins and provide immediate relief, definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPDATE:
Well, it wasnt bad and I still use it but it just sits on the skin. Its good for this purpose to protect the skin but its not very hydrating in itself.

OLD:
I have very dry and pigmented outer corners of my eyes, it looks weird and often simply hurts (esp. after makeup removal).
I used some ointments from pharmacy, some creams and serums and then I got a sample of this and omg finally something actually made difference!!

I dont like the smell, shine or consistency but it works and that what matters! I warm it up and then pat it on, I also used it on lips but for lips I prefer homeoplasmine. On cuticles it works great too. Sometimes I will put it instead of any eyeshadow and pair it with strong mouth- great look. I like the tube packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an essential in my beauty cabinet - I love it! The best lip soother ever, lasts so much longer than other comparative products such as Vaseline. Also excellent for chapped or dry skin - just slather on affected areas in the evening and miracles appear to happen overnight! It's a little greasy and doesn't smell great (although I think there's now an unscented version available) but the results are fantastic! I stock up at duty free as find it's much cheaper than buying in the UK. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I could NOT find anything to soothe and smooth my dry, cracked lips and then this heavenly tube came my way....

I cannot praise this stuff enough for changing my lips in a drastic way. Its not meant for lips persay, but try it. It's thick, (I got the fragrance free btw), no smell, and lasts. I apply it quite alot, since I'm a smoker, and it has brought back my pretty pout! I have thrown out all other lip balms (which was a whole drawer, FYI).

If your lips are severly chapped and look like bird feathers instead of smooth, pick this up!

4 lippies because the tube stands about 6 inches high, so it's not throw in your clutch type lip treatment, but I don't care!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by godivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It feels and smells like industrial grease. Foul scent + too thick consistency to use anywhere other than lips or heels, and I don't feel like I have benefitted from it in any way.