Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

3.6

Petrolatum 56.8%, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Salicylic Acid, Propylparaben, Castor Oil, Corn Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Iron Oxides

** Rosacea sufferers please read ** No - this isn't the same as Vaseline. Vaseline brings me out in bumps and it is not half as healing and probably twice as greasy. And it smells gross. If you prefer Vaseline then by all means stick to it but I for one won't be using Vaseline on my face. Eight Hour Cream has a balm/gel texture - slightly greasy but nurturing and so long as you don't use too much, unlike Vaseline, your skin will absorb it, although I prefer to use it on a night. It smells lovely and it provides comfort whenever your skin is chapped, red, peeling or just sore. I know which one I prefer. UPDATE: I just used this on very sore, lumpy(!) facial areas where I can't currently use any other face cream - not even Cerave, Oilatum or Eucerin - without my face stinging. No reaction to this at all. Used overnight, the inflammation has gone down and my skin now has a more even appearance and I've been able to apply my usual day cream (Eucerin Aquaporin). Complete lifesaver! NEW UPDATE: I've got mild to moderate p&p rosacea and this has been a lifesaver for me - as well as applying on a night, I also apply very sparingly just on affected areas after moisturising - I dot a little concealer over it, dab on carefully then add mineral powder sparingly and look almost unblemished. I also highly rate SBC Propolis gel which I use the same way, but the 8 hour cream is more portable if slightly thicker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought 2 tubes of this on sale..
I was so excited because of the rave reviews.
So dissappointed when i started using it.

Really? this is OVERPRICED VASELINE!

Yes it softens cracked lips..makes them smooth and shiny..NEWSFLASH: VASELINE does the same damn thing.

It keeps your lips/cuticles/whatever soft but when you stop...there cracked and sore all over again....just like when you use VASELINE!

No! i do NOT RECOMMEND!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Hm.

A small fortune for a tiny tub of vasoline mixed with baby oil dyed orange and given a scent inspired by a dogs ear wax?

I regret this purchase, and I bought the tub and not the tube so I can't even swap it off.
Moral of the story? Test drive before you leave the lot.

The story behind it has something to do with horses? I don't think it's even fit for a horses--ugh, never mind.

How does this have such a big following? You do realize this stuff is probably highly flammable, right?

Oh, by the way, oily, painful acne, "moisturization" is gone the moment it settles and dries (if you're lucky enough for it to dry.).
Doesn't absorb either, just curls up around all of your impurities and announces them to the world with a loudspeaker.

Everyone raves about the original Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream so I took advantage of an offer and bought a limited edition 30ml pot for only £13 (genuine product!) to try for the first time. I quite like the smell, but it does remind me of 'the elderly' somehow. Not that that's a bad thing, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Anyway, I've been using it on my hands once a day for a week now and can definitely notice a difference. I bike every day and my skin gets a bit dry and tough but they seem a lot softer and generally in better condition. I find the 'cream' (it's a lot more like Vaseline if I'm honest) a bit too gooey or sticky than what I usually go for. Like most reviews, you can buy a much cheaper product with exactly the same effects.

Good stuff! I use it at night on my lips and dry patches of skin. It's a lifesaver in winter when my lips are very dry and cracked. I even use it on my lips before applying gloss or lipstick. Great for dry cuticles too. The only thing I despise is the smell. It's very pungent indeed!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Good for eyebrows and scars/burns. Tried to use this as lip balm but the taste is terrible. Very expensive for what u get. I prefer Lucas pawpaw ointment.

I agree with the reviewer below it smells nice but thats abt it! I used this heavy duty gel not cream (IMO!) on my elbows, knees but its too sticky and transfers onto everything i touch my couch, table, chair... I dun like it. I tried it on my face but it breaks out my skin real bad and i dun find this product helpful. There are other cheaper drugstore lotions/creams (which are far more lightweight and comfortable) for dry skin that work better than this. I got this at duty free but still find this pricey. The packaging gets dirty after awhile cos its soo sticky -gooey. I dont see the hype. It didnt work out for me so i gave it away.

I bought this purely because many youtubers were raving abt this and holy moly... I cannot live without this product the m

Wow it's brilliant! After a few nights of going to bed with it on my skin is amazing! - PRO's - skin looks flawless, smells nice, can also use it as a after sun and on burns and grazes, can use it on lips. CONS - I can put it on/near my eyes it makes them puffy in the morning, it looks too shiny to use in the day. - so overall even though its quite pricey I will always buy this product because its worth the money!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this solely because I'm a sucker for cult classic beauty products. I bought it online and I was kind of scared to find out what it smelled like. Before I even looked at the ingredients, I smelled citronella. I don't find citronella unpleasant, so I was fine with the scent. It was a bit of a let down. I was prepared to smell something more nostalgic, like how I feel when I smell Coty Airspun.

Moving on... This seems pretty similar to Aquaphor, which has been great for my eczema. However, Aquaphor is about $16 for a huge tub. This was $20 for a small tube. So, I'll probably be sticking with Aquaphor.