November 27, 2014 | 1441 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by marshmallowcat

I am taking isotretinion (roaccutane in the uk) for acne and as a side effect my lips and the inside of my nostrils are constantly dry and shedding up until using 8 hour cream I hadn't found a product that soothes and helps stop the shedding. My lips are now in much better condition and I haven't been developing thick scabs up my nose even my colleagues have commented on my lips looking a lot better. The downsides to this product for me are the price and the smell also because it is quite heavy it tends to spread around my lips and smudge my foundation but then again I have applied it quite liberally and frequently due to the dryness of my lips. I also work in a salon so I sometimes suffer with dermatitis on my hands and when I apply to these areas it clears it up by the end of the day. So glad I gave it a try I will buy again but think its gunna last for ages as you don't need to use much!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by imagine0enigami

Pros: It works. Really. I have very sensitive, breakout prone skin, and this doesn't cause breakouts. I'm on Retin-A, which causes peeling, and this is the first product I've found that mitigates that. Great for helping prevent scarring. Works fantastic on any overly dry skin. Can work as a highlighter as it gives a glowy look. Cons: The smell. There's no avoiding it, it's super medicinal. Use it as a night cream if you use it extensively. The cost is pretty high for the amount you get, but occasionally it'll pop up at places like Ross. Overall I love it so far as it largely eliminates my Retin-A peeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by cossci21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream recently as I am suffering from severely dry skin on my face which leads to eczema.
My skin was flaking and red so I thought I would try this cream as it must be good seeing as it has been in the market for so long!
The ingredient list is pretty average, the smell is not very pleasant and after applying it to my skin half an hour later my skin was dry, tight and flaky again.
Very dissapointed, will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I received a 1oz tube of the fragrance-free version in a EA GWP bag. I remember my mother having a tube of this when I was a child and the smell grossed me out so I just tossed it to the wayside. A few months later I found it in a drawer and left it on my home office desk; now I find myself reaching for it regularly for lips and cuticles; I also tried it under my eyes since I tend to get really dry and irritated in that area during allergy season and my skin just absorbed it right up. The fragrance-free version has a very mild scent that I don't find offensive. I probably wouldn't get a full-size tube of this since you use so little of it; but I would repurchase if they sold it in the smaller format like the GWP.
I do have a question about this cream, what other beneficial ingredients does it have apart from petrolatum - is this just glorified Vaseline?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and have been using it for 3 days now. I am not sure if I really love it yet - For reference I have sensitive, slightly acne-prone, dry skin and apart from making my face smooth, I don't see much improvements.. I live in a very hot country so perhaps my skin takes time to improve.. I am going to give it a 3 for making my skin smooth.. but shall update to 5 if it actually clears my skin a lil.. It retails at 40 dollars here, pricy but then again everything in Singapore is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by linz152

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Alright I admit, I'm another big fan of this product. I bought it about a year ago at TJ Maxx pretty deeply discounted. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it. I still don't love the smell but it doesn't stop me from using it. I don't use this all over my face as a moisturizer but if I have dry spots (especially dry, cracked spots on my nose), on my lips, after getting my eyebrows waxed or threaded, on cuticles, and any other weird skin spots that pop up.

My two favorite uses for this product are:

1. My kids are both rash-prone and get weird bumps and skin irritations. My son gets really dry skin around his mouth. I will put some of this on his upper lip before bedtime and by morning, it's much better. My daughter gets dry eczema-like patches on her upper arms. I dab a bit of this on before bedtime and by morning it's usually much better.

2. I have acne-prone skin. When I have a blemish or a bump of some kind I will use a treatment product (I like Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9), let that absorb into my skin, and then put a dab of the 8 hour cream on top of the treatment product. I find that usually by morning the spot is MUCH better. Especially spots that have a dry patch or any dry skin around it. This is probably how I use this product the most.

We went on a trip in February and I forgot to bring my tube of this along. I ended up re-purchasing this product while we were gone. It's just one of those things that I reach for so often. I wasn't even fully aware of how often I use this. I can't imagine I will ever be without this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always carry a small tub of this around with me. For those dry skin moments this can't be beat. I always take it on holiday to use for a night time after sun exposure and in my handbag its there for dry hands and lip gloss. For something that seems so greasy it dosent block pores. Not a fan of the original because it stinks (medicated cheese??!), but I do like the fragrance free. It still has a wierd smell but its more subtle and bearable

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

I read the good reviews so i got one. The first thing you have to know about is the smell, it's exactly like my grandma's Medicated Oil, I am serious!!! It's just not something you can consider as a cosmetic product. Bear this in mind before you purchase it.
It might be a fascinating find for some people but definitely not for me. However, it doesn't break me out or cause me any problem. It just doesn't do anything for me and is kinda pricy for an essencial balm(instead of a cream, in my opinion).
If you have extremly dry lips or skin patches and you are looking for an urgent solution, give it a try. For makeup/skin care products I wouldn't even think about it as it stinks SO MUCH!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing product! We've always had a tube of this at home for as long as I can remember. It's a life saver on so many levels: rashes, scars, dry patches, chapped lips, hands, hair... it works miracles. A friend of mine had burnt her face real badly with boiling oil (ouch!) and I gave her my tube of 8 hour cream; within a week her face had healed completely! I also use it after a breakout to prevent acne scars. The smell might be offputting but I kind of like it; it seems to remind you that it is medicine rather than a beauty product. It is worth every penny and a little goes a long way. Everybody should have a tube of 8 hour cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by seenaplusstyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my 1st review on MUA and this amazing product is the reason. My sister had recommended the 8 Hour Cream to me as a well known HG item, but I'd never heard of it. Then I got pink eye (both eyes!) and the baby shampoo the Dr. recommended I use in a compress gave me an allergic reaction and left my eyes swelled up with dry, crusty patches on my lids. They felt awful. My normal eye creams burned. In desperation, I bought a tube of the 8 hour cream. Within 48 hours my lids were smooth again. No breakouts. Recently I noticed at the end of the day my skin looked really flaky even though it was oily. It'd soaked up my foundation and close up my skin looked patchy and dry. Yuck! I used my clarisonic, twice, and slathered on the 8 Hour Cream. I was worried because my skin is really sensitive; I thought for sure I'd have a couple of pimples. NONE! And when I woke up my skin was so soft. I also love this product on my lips. Highly recommend. Great for travel as an all purpose item. It's a must have for me.