August 31, 2014 | 1258 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I received a 1oz tube of the fragrance-free version in a EA GWP bag. I remember my mother having a tube of this when I was a child and the smell grossed me out so I just tossed it to the wayside. A few months later I found it in a drawer and left it on my home office desk; now I find myself reaching for it regularly for lips and cuticles; I also tried it under my eyes since I tend to get really dry and irritated in that area during allergy season and my skin just absorbed it right up. The fragrance-free version has a very mild scent that I don't find offensive. I probably wouldn't get a full-size tube of this since you use so little of it; but I would repurchase if they sold it in the smaller format like the GWP.
I do have a question about this cream, what other beneficial ingredients does it have apart from petrolatum - is this just glorified Vaseline?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this and have been using it for 3 days now. I am not sure if I really love it yet - For reference I have sensitive, slightly acne-prone, dry skin and apart from making my face smooth, I don't see much improvements.. I live in a very hot country so perhaps my skin takes time to improve.. I am going to give it a 3 for making my skin smooth.. but shall update to 5 if it actually clears my skin a lil.. It retails at 40 dollars here, pricy but then again everything in Singapore is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by linz152

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Alright I admit, I'm another big fan of this product. I bought it about a year ago at TJ Maxx pretty deeply discounted. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it. I still don't love the smell but it doesn't stop me from using it. I don't use this all over my face as a moisturizer but if I have dry spots (especially dry, cracked spots on my nose), on my lips, after getting my eyebrows waxed or threaded, on cuticles, and any other weird skin spots that pop up.

My two favorite uses for this product are:

1. My kids are both rash-prone and get weird bumps and skin irritations. My son gets really dry skin around his mouth. I will put some of this on his upper lip before bedtime and by morning, it's much better. My daughter gets dry eczema-like patches on her upper arms. I dab a bit of this on before bedtime and by morning it's usually much better.

2. I have acne-prone skin. When I have a blemish or a bump of some kind I will use a treatment product (I like Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9), let that absorb into my skin, and then put a dab of the 8 hour cream on top of the treatment product. I find that usually by morning the spot is MUCH better. Especially spots that have a dry patch or any dry skin around it. This is probably how I use this product the most.

We went on a trip in February and I forgot to bring my tube of this along. I ended up re-purchasing this product while we were gone. It's just one of those things that I reach for so often. I wasn't even fully aware of how often I use this. I can't imagine I will ever be without this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always carry a small tub of this around with me. For those dry skin moments this can't be beat. I always take it on holiday to use for a night time after sun exposure and in my handbag its there for dry hands and lip gloss. For something that seems so greasy it dosent block pores. Not a fan of the original because it stinks (medicated cheese??!), but I do like the fragrance free. It still has a wierd smell but its more subtle and bearable

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

I read the good reviews so i got one. The first thing you have to know about is the smell, it's exactly like my grandma's Medicated Oil, I am serious!!! It's just not something you can consider as a cosmetic product. Bear this in mind before you purchase it.
It might be a fascinating find for some people but definitely not for me. However, it doesn't break me out or cause me any problem. It just doesn't do anything for me and is kinda pricy for an essencial balm(instead of a cream, in my opinion).
If you have extremly dry lips or skin patches and you are looking for an urgent solution, give it a try. For makeup/skin care products I wouldn't even think about it as it stinks SO MUCH!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by fisek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing product! We've always had a tube of this at home for as long as I can remember. It's a life saver on so many levels: rashes, scars, dry patches, chapped lips, hands, hair... it works miracles. A friend of mine had burnt her face real badly with boiling oil (ouch!) and I gave her my tube of 8 hour cream; within a week her face had healed completely! I also use it after a breakout to prevent acne scars. The smell might be offputting but I kind of like it; it seems to remind you that it is medicine rather than a beauty product. It is worth every penny and a little goes a long way. Everybody should have a tube of 8 hour cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by seenaplusstyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my 1st review on MUA and this amazing product is the reason. My sister had recommended the 8 Hour Cream to me as a well known HG item, but I'd never heard of it. Then I got pink eye (both eyes!) and the baby shampoo the Dr. recommended I use in a compress gave me an allergic reaction and left my eyes swelled up with dry, crusty patches on my lids. They felt awful. My normal eye creams burned. In desperation, I bought a tube of the 8 hour cream. Within 48 hours my lids were smooth again. No breakouts. Recently I noticed at the end of the day my skin looked really flaky even though it was oily. It'd soaked up my foundation and close up my skin looked patchy and dry. Yuck! I used my clarisonic, twice, and slathered on the 8 Hour Cream. I was worried because my skin is really sensitive; I thought for sure I'd have a couple of pimples. NONE! And when I woke up my skin was so soft. I also love this product on my lips. Highly recommend. Great for travel as an all purpose item. It's a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

Smells like cadavers to me- (preserved bodies in an anatomy lab). YUCK YUCK YUCK
Texture is a sticky icky disgusting

Maybe Elizabeth's horses didn't mind being lathered in this product but I DO. Neigh neigh neigh I whinee.

(Ok theres a scent free version nowadays but the texture is still ick).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Ditadee

Ok, so I've had a little bit of eczema on my face for about 10 years not badly, but its quite annoying as literally no cream, moisturiser or healthy diet/ 2 litres of water etc will relieve it.
I have literally tried more creams than I can list here and nothing, NOTHING even touched the sides to keep the intense dryness/redness at bay.
Most expensive creams contain fragrances so were irritating or just weren't rich enough to combat the dryness, (or did but didn't last for longer than a few minutes and had to be re-applied)
I tried the fragrance free version which in my opinion still smells like the original and although most people dislike the smell I don't find it offensive at all and I wouldn't care even if I did as the fact is, THIS STUFF WORKS and it last for ages as well.
The salicylic acid is really great for rough skin and vitamin E which is very moisturising and antioxidant.
Just a small dab will sooth and moisturise the driest of skins and provide immediate relief, definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPDATE:
Well, it wasnt bad and I still use it but it just sits on the skin. Its good for this purpose to protect the skin but its not very hydrating in itself.

OLD:
I have very dry and pigmented outer corners of my eyes, it looks weird and often simply hurts (esp. after makeup removal).
I used some ointments from pharmacy, some creams and serums and then I got a sample of this and omg finally something actually made difference!!

I dont like the smell, shine or consistency but it works and that what matters! I warm it up and then pat it on, I also used it on lips but for lips I prefer homeoplasmine. On cuticles it works great too. Sometimes I will put it instead of any eyeshadow and pair it with strong mouth- great look. I like the tube packaging too.