Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30

3.8

Water, Silica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Beeswax, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Behenyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Acrylates/C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Chlophenesin, Fragrance, Dethylhexyl 2, 6 Naphthalate, BHT, Trideceth 6, Propylene Glycol 7/10/2013

on 4/28/2012 3:53:00 AM

I used to never wear sunscreen on my face because I always had base makeup with SPF in it. But this was an issue when I would go to the beach without makeup, especially because I have oily skin and did not enjoy slathering equally oily sunscreen on my face. I needed a sunscreen that I could comfortably wear on my face that wouldn't feel oily. I was recommended this sunscreen by a classmate who used to work as a beauty consultant for a prestige cosmetic brand.

This was the first sunscreen I used that had a matte finish and didn't feel greasy on my already oily face. I'm not sure about its lasting power, since it disappears into my skin and I can't tell later on. Sometimes I get a feeling that I may have sweated it off. But I don't mind reapplying it after a few hours because it feels so comfortable. It also works as a decent makeup primer for base makeup that doesn't have SPF.

I have already gone through my second tube of this, and I have used Target's/Up & Up's generic of this product too and it works just as well, though there may be more oil/cream separation over time than in Neutrogena's. The Neutrogena one is definitely my go-to for facial sunscreen because it doesn't feel heavy at all, and it's priced fairly compared to other facial sunscreens like those from Clinique. I owe my classmate for her advice!

on 4/27/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I put my efforts to search the right sunscreen for my sensitive skin.
I tried so many products from high-end, department store, Sephora to drug store .

when I tried other sunblocks from Neutrogena ( such as SPF 50, 70, etc..) I was so disappointed with those. so I didn't expect this one would be good this much.. after I read good reviews on this, I bought it and tried it, I was quite suprised that it is really really good.

maybe 'Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30't has different fomula with other sunblocks from Neutrogena, don't know why but what I know is only this one works really great !!

it's sheer, not breaking out, not dry out, well moisturized, not matt, not oily, very light, working great as sunblock, working also great under foundation or any makeup. besides that price is cheep. i love it.

on 4/14/2012 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Overall very average sunscreen; it's been a while since I used it, but nothing memorable. I don't remember it being extra heavy or light. It did nothing to help my super-oily skin. The sunscreen did separate into an oil and cream base, but no big deal. I just wish that it lasted longer the expiration date comes way too soon; there's no way I can use the entire bottle (face only) by the time summer ends.

True to the bottle description, the formula did not make me break out.

on 3/20/2012 12:40:00 AM

The best >SPF 20 sunscreen I've found so far. It has a smooth, dry finish, it's very matte, and it has a mild powdery scent. I swear my skin actually looks better with this on. The one big con for me is that it tends to sting if it gets in my eyes, especially if I sweat. It's still my go-to sunscreen, I just try to apply very carefully around my eyes and use a physical sunscreen (I like Stila's new SPF 20 TM) on that area.

on 3/18/2012 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use sunscreen everyday, but since my face gets pretty oily in the heat, I wanted something that would leave my face non-shiny. At first I thought this was great and felt like it did have a dry touch, but the product didn't seem to completely absorb into my skin. Although I finished the entire bottle, when I switched back to my usual olay complete defence spf30, I realized just how bad the neutrogena sunscreen is- it leaves a thick film on your skin, and although it feels matte to the touch, it is still shiny and leaves a bit of a white cast of my face.

on 3/10/2012 11:30:00 PM

I used to feel guilty because I refused to wear sunscreen on my face...I just hated the greasy residue they left behind! I am so happy with this product. It truly does disappear into my skin. It has become my morning moisturizer/sunscreen/primer. I have acne-prone skin and this has not broken me out. I cannot wear products that have silicones high in their ingredients list so using traditional primer is just asking for breakouts...but with the silky/powdery finish this product dries to, my Revlon Colorstay goes on beautifully. For removal (both for the sunscreen and the Colorstay) I have had great results with Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser (supposedly a makeup remover and cleanser in one).

on 2/28/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have the most sensitive, acne-prone skin but this doesn't break me out and keeps me protected.

on 1/19/2012 10:51:00 PM

its really hard to find something that won't give me the greasies everytime i use it so this was the only thing i have found so far that will help keep the oily t zone in check and wont give me flakes. only thing that sucks is during the winter i do see some dryness but other than that it is pretty damn good!

on 1/11/2012 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product, but... it didn't work out too well for me. I think it's because the Australian version of this is different to that of the US version, because when I use it on my face it leaves a shiny sheen but I like that it 'blends' well into the skin. It also has quite a strong sunscreen smeIl which I don't really like.
I would say it probably works better on the body instead of face, but I am still currently applying it on my face as a primer followed by my mattify! loose powder. All in all, I will not be repurchasing. :(

on 1/5/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Before I used the sunblock sprays, but I prefer this formula now. The dry touch is great; it absorbs into your skin instantly. It doesn't have that gross, sticky sunblock texture that most of the others do. The smell is barely there, just a light clean scent. I use the SPF 30 because I have heard that pretty much any higher number is unnecessary. This has worked well for me - I've never been burned while wearing it! I just wish you got a little more for the price.

Update: I think the formula has been changed because I really don't like this now! It sits on top of skin instead of soaking in, creates a white cast and feels terribly sticky/suffocating on. I'm going to be looking for a new go-to body sunscreen.