September 20, 2014 | 947 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lancome - Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of the very first makeup removers I ever tried and still use. It's expensive at $28 for 4oz., so I wont be repurchasing now. It does work unbelievably good. Even waterproof makeup slides right off without much effort. You have to shake it first to distribute the product in the bottle, if you don't, it wont work the same.

It leaves no greasy residue and is great for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In past, when I was wearing heavier than usual eye makeup and especially mascara, I used one of 3 or 4 different products to get off the really "clingy" products - Mac Pro Longwear concealer and waterproof (or not) mascara. I'd use either Clinique Take the Day Off (oily residue) or Rinse Off Eye Makeup Solvent (no oily residue but you need to rinse it off or use a face cloth/cotton pad with water) or I'd use one of Clarins's eye makeup removers (one gentle, the other oily residue) or MAC Cleanse Off Oil (oily residue) or Bioderma (no oily residue). But I got a bottle of this for Christmas in a lovely Lancome gift set. I don't think I'd have bought it otherwise since I've already got 2 "bi phase" eye makeup removers.

Having said ALL THIS, I really like this eye makeup remover. It's really effective at getting off the tough stuff but it seems far less oily than Take the Day Off - there is a residue but not nearly so greasy feeling. The smell is very pleasant and the price doesn't seem all that steep to me, especially since you don't need much at all to do a thorough job. I'm not crazy about the "child proof" lid or the weird top of the bottle (I think it's designed so you don't waste product but the first few times I used it, I got remover all down the side of the bottle!). I think, however, that once I finish up my bottle of Take the Day off, Bi-Facil will become my regular eye makeup remover. I am very pleased by how gentle, effective and pleasant it is to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

I received this as a sample and it does work, but so do a lot of other make up removers. I also think it is just okay at removing stubborn eye make up. I feel like I have to rub my eyes harder than I like. I prefer Ponds cold cream much, much more. Would I repurchase? No, it's too expensive. I wouldn't even repurchase at drug store prices. For me, it's just an average to below average product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favourite make up remover. You have to shake this to activate it, and apply onto a cotton disc (cotton ball soaks up too much product)

Pros
- Super quick and easy to remove stubborn make up with no rubbing
- Very Gentle, I get no redness on my skin or stinging from this whatsoever. My skin feels so clean and soft afterwards.
- Does not give me blurry vision like many other make up removers I've tried

Cons
- Very expensive, I sometimes try others because of the price, but find myself repurchasing this
- Packaging is one of those child proof caps which drives me nuts. I get around this by pouring all the contents into a plastic travel bottle when I buy it.

Other good ones I've tried includes Neutrogena Oil Free Make up remover (take a bit more effort/rubbing to get the make up off though, which leaves my skin red), otherwise its a very good option and excellent price.

Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium (green bottle) is also super effective (slightly too oily for my taste) and Clinique take the day off cleansing balm is my second favourite, extremely gentle/soft on skin yet effective but a bit too oily for my liking.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by jemimajemima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eye make- up removal just isn't for me. I got in small version in gift packet with mascara and eye pencil.
When I used it I had a feeling that my eyes are burning, the skin was all red and I need a lot of eye cream to calm it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my personal all time favorite makeup remover! It has gone inside my eyes a couple of time and has not stung or irritated them. It is very gentle on the eye area, yes it oily but it dries away quickly. Also if you have to remove little mistakes while applying your makeup and have to reapply again bifacil will not affect the application. It is pricey but it is worth it compared to Clinique's take the day off makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Jnheartsxo

It does a good job at removing my mascara and eye make up although sometimes when It gets into my eyes it stings so badly! It's not as gentle as claimed. I will not be purchasing a second time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this product off and on for at least 20 years, but I always come back to it. In all that time, I've never found an eye makeup remover to be more effective than Lancome's Bi-Facil. It takes off all cosmetics with one wipe. No rubbing, no scrubbing, no irritation, no smudges.

Unlike cheaper dupes, this product contains no mineral oil. It's a classic for a reason, and I'll be sticking with it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I can't understand why this is so popular. Lancome isn't exactly famous for being gentle or even effective. My mother bought this to try and wears contacts and it stung her eyes like crazy so she handed it off to me because she thought maybe it was just her. On the bottle it says "Ideal for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers." Rrriiight.

Well - I don't even wear contacts and it burned my eyes like h*ll. I was blind for a few minutes and I'm extremely careful removing my make-up and have been wearing and removing make-up for over 15 years now so I think I've got this thing figured out, but have never had this happen so badly as it did with this. I can't even finish the mini-sample bottle that came with it. It feels like an oil-slick on your eyes after, almost dirty. Sure it removes some of my make-up, but then so would rubbing alcohol.

I hate to say this but if I wasn't at home one day - and wherever I was, if this was the only make-up remover available, I'd rather sleep in my make-up or use bar soap. Even bar soap doesn't sting and burn my eyes. This needs to be repackaged and sold as pepper spray or something - sorry Lancome.

Will try to return this, it's just horrible for me. With so many good make-up removers available at a fraction of the price and none of the irritation, I can't be bothered with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love it. Will buy again