Lancome Blush Subtil Shimmer - Miel Glace 23

4.5

PTFE, nylon-12, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, triisocetyl citrate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, acrylates copolymer, cetyl dimethicone, fragrance, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben [ red 36 (ci 12085) - red 6 (ci 15850) - red 7 (ci 15850) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - red 21 (ci 45380) - red 30 (ci 73360) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - barium sulfate (ci 77120) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 92, 99) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - zinc oxide (ci 77947) - mica]

Fantastic blush for all but the darkest skin tones. Leaves a neutral, healthy looking glow...not too brown, not too pink, not too peach. A little bit of mica gives it a soft shimmer. It's ideal!

I absolutely love this product! I have superfair skin, so most blushes are too dark on me, or too obvious. Miel glace is a perfect shade and hard to overdo. Whenever I apply in the morning, it stays on perfectly until I wash off at night. I've tried many blushes from brands such as dior, elizabeth arden, estee lauder, smashbox, etc, but the Lancome has the best staying power by far!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm about NW15-20 depending on how much time I'm in the sun, and this is the perfect blush for me. What's so perfect, you ask?

Perfect Color: Nude without being brown, but not exactly pink either. Just enough to give me some flush. Not too warm, nor too cool.
(Note: may not work well on dark skin tones because it's pretty light)

Perfect Pigmentation: Not as pigmented as NARS, but good enough color payoff that a single swipe will do. I actually prefer this to extremely pigmented blushes, since I find those more difficult to use.

Perfect Texture: smooth, a teensy bit glowy without being sparkly, and it lasts for a decently long amount of time, even in the heat. Never any fallout.

I will definitely repurchase again. As it is, the package must be good bang for your buck, because I've owned mine for 8 months, and with almost daily use I've barely made a dent in it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've had this for ages and recently rediscovered it at the bottom of a box. I used to wear it all the time but the packaging broke and it's a bit messy. I have extremely fair skin so this works as a light, rosy bronzer on my skin. Like many products, this blush does have the tendency to look a bit orange on me but it is easy to work with. It looks lovely with NARS Albatross highlighter on top.

I originally got this becuase I wanted to take advantage of a gift with purchase promo that Lancome always does. But the reason I picked this our was because it looked sooo much like what at the time was my favorite Blush, MACS special reserve powder Rose Ole. This is a veyr close duplicate, just a tiny bit less sheer, which I like.
A little goes a long way with this. I dunno if I like the smell of Lancome powders... sorta too mature smelling for me. I'm still a bit of a child when it comes to scents.
The packaging, while I enjoy the cute brush,(that I enver use) that comes in the comact, the compact screams oversized.. and I never feel like I need a mirror since I never take it with me BECAUSE I enver have to reapply. The blush lasts my entire business day.. 12-14 hours.
I will deff repurchase... but yes, it's expensive.. Cost me 38 dolalr canadian... plus tax!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the kind of blush you want to use on a day that you have a serious appointment and you need a flawless look without showing that you have put any makeup on.
Actually, when I wear it and I look in the mirror during the day, I am always surprised ! It looks really natural and perfect. I don't know, it's like a "nude" blush with a lot of punch. Very elegant and healthy-looking. Goes with any look IMO but I love it when I do a strong lip. It gives me some color and balances the look without being obvious.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Its lovely but I don't use it as a blush, never have. Instead this is a great crease color as an e/s for me. I somehow started wearing shades like this in my crease many years ago and found with my med brown but very gold too, brown eyes, its just right.

It also does work as a sort of bronzer for an all over glow, in fact that was my first thought when I initially saw it. The texture looks like it will be somewhat chalky and even quite glittery. It is neither. I do plan to try this as a blush one of these days and will report back!

I am NC20 and Miel Glace did not show up on me at all, even with multiple swipes. I bought Mauve Coquette instead, which is not mauve, but really just a darker version of Miel Glace. Miel Glace looks lovely and I am sure it works well on those who are really pale, but on me it was just a highlighter. Did not purchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

On the days when I just want to look like I don't really have anything on, but still want a bit of color ("youthful glow") on my face, this is my go-to blush.

It makes me look healthy, but not "makeup-y," if you know what I mean.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OH SO PRETTY AND NATURAL!!! I love it! I have pale skin and brown eyes and this gives me an incredibly natural flush. It is shimmery and mauvey in the brick but I don't find it shimmery or mauvey on my skin. When I put it on, it just looks like a natural rosy blush. I would have never thought to try it if I hadn't read its rave reviews here on MUA. Wow. Such a pretty, pretty color.

And since I don't have a blush brush that I like at the moment, I appreciate that even the little cheapie brush that comes with this isn't too bad.