July 30, 2014 | 1821 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Last week, I was at the bus stop and tho woman sitting next to me smelled so divine. It was a warm, golden scent with a hint of fruit to it.

I just had to ask and she whipped otu the bottle and told me it was Rare Gold by Avon, she even let me use it:)

I cannot wait to get my hands on some of this, I usually go for orinetals but this is nice too. The best part was that when it sprayed it, it didn't have that heavy alcohol dose that alot of perfumes have at first.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by arizonababyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice warm smelling perfume. Smells floral and fruity at the same time. It reminds me of Victoria's Secret Rapture which used to be my signature scent when I was younger so it instantly took me back. Good job Avon!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Goatster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent, when I put it on and was told "you smell so good" I knew I found the right scent. It's just well......sexy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by gswitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bottle of Rare Gold when it was on sale for $9.99. I wasn't expecting much but figured-WTH the price is right! I was pleasantly surprised. I actually like it. It not too heavy and not too "fruity". I don't think I would spend $22.50 for it, but buying it on sale is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rare Gold where have you been all my life? This is what a Grown-Up Ladies Perfume should smell like. Very yummy from the first spritz to the long lasting dry down I am in love with this sophisticated scent! Not for the barely there soft, pink, laundry soap woosys out there this is the Real Perfume Deal!The true tell is my husband loves it too! I cannot stop smelling my wrist when I wear this. What a lovely surprise addition to my vast scent collection. The ylang-ylang and orange mix with the florals making this a wonderful blend. I wish they made it in a cream and shower gel so I could layer. I will be wearing this for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I'm sorry, but I don't get anything "sweet" from this fragrance at all. If anything, I think it smells like Rave hairspray. If I wanted to smell like hairspray, then I would douse myself in hairspray.

I'm sorry, but to me this perfume really stinks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This one is nice. It's an amber-like scent and not very strong for me, yet it does smell a bit strongly and it is a tad sweet. I like it, but it hardly stayed on! My mom got the other bottle and she liked it more than I did. It is a better one of Avon's, as far as the smell goes, but the lasting power totally sucks! It's creamy, rich, dark, sultry scent. On the right person I think it would smell quite elegant. If it stayed on. I don't, usually, like a lot of Avon scents, because some just STINK badly and never last long enough, but this is a winner, along with their Night Magic(long lasting!) and Soft Musk(long-lasting).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by cedarchristie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this one! If rich, golden amber gems had a fragrance, this would be it. It's warm and sensuous, lasts but does not overpower. Not a hint, not a whiff of alcohol (how I hate that and it shows up in too many high end perfumes). The next morning it smells slightly powdery but the molten golden amber is still there to keep it company. A fragrance for cool weather, crunchy leaves underfoot or Jack Frost later on. A snifter of brandy, a log on the fire and you wrapped in Rare Gold.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mka71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I wanted to love this, given all the great reviews. It's just too strong on me, even though I was careful to spray from a good distance - and it was just one spray. To me there is something a little musty and overpowering about it. By the end of the day, I couldn't wait to wash it off. The bottle looks nice on my dresser though :/ At least I got it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Sexy scent!! I feel all grown up when I wear it:)