April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Rare Gold

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by arizonababyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice warm smelling perfume. Smells floral and fruity at the same time. It reminds me of Victoria's Secret Rapture which used to be my signature scent when I was younger so it instantly took me back. Good job Avon!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Goatster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent, when I put it on and was told "you smell so good" I knew I found the right scent. It's just well......sexy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by gswitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bottle of Rare Gold when it was on sale for $9.99. I wasn't expecting much but figured-WTH the price is right! I was pleasantly surprised. I actually like it. It not too heavy and not too "fruity". I don't think I would spend $22.50 for it, but buying it on sale is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Rare Gold where have you been all my life? This is what a Grown-Up Ladies Perfume should smell like. Very yummy from the first spritz to the long lasting dry down I am in love with this sophisticated scent! Not for the barely there soft, pink, laundry soap woosys out there this is the Real Perfume Deal!The true tell is my husband loves it too! I cannot stop smelling my wrist when I wear this. What a lovely surprise addition to my vast scent collection. The ylang-ylang and orange mix with the florals making this a wonderful blend. I wish they made it in a cream and shower gel so I could layer. I will be wearing this for a long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I'm sorry, but I don't get anything "sweet" from this fragrance at all. If anything, I think it smells like Rave hairspray. If I wanted to smell like hairspray, then I would douse myself in hairspray.

I'm sorry, but to me this perfume really stinks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This one is nice. It's an amber-like scent and not very strong for me, yet it does smell a bit strongly and it is a tad sweet. I like it, but it hardly stayed on! My mom got the other bottle and she liked it more than I did. It is a better one of Avon's, as far as the smell goes, but the lasting power totally sucks! It's creamy, rich, dark, sultry scent. On the right person I think it would smell quite elegant. If it stayed on. I don't, usually, like a lot of Avon scents, because some just STINK badly and never last long enough, but this is a winner, along with their Night Magic(long lasting!) and Soft Musk(long-lasting).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by cedarchristie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this one! If rich, golden amber gems had a fragrance, this would be it. It's warm and sensuous, lasts but does not overpower. Not a hint, not a whiff of alcohol (how I hate that and it shows up in too many high end perfumes). The next morning it smells slightly powdery but the molten golden amber is still there to keep it company. A fragrance for cool weather, crunchy leaves underfoot or Jack Frost later on. A snifter of brandy, a log on the fire and you wrapped in Rare Gold.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mka71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I wanted to love this, given all the great reviews. It's just too strong on me, even though I was careful to spray from a good distance - and it was just one spray. To me there is something a little musty and overpowering about it. By the end of the day, I couldn't wait to wash it off. The bottle looks nice on my dresser though :/ At least I got it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Sexy scent!! I feel all grown up when I wear it:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When someone stops me in the middle of a store and wants to know what perfume I am wearing because I smell so good, I know that fragrance is a keeper. When her teenage daughter agrees, I know I need to stock up! That happened to me today when I was wearing Rare Gold for the first time. They looked surprised. This ain't your mama's Avon!

I smelled this in the book, on one of the scented pages, and when I rubbed it on my hand I could detect a distinct whiff of amber, so I thought this might be something I'd like. Amber is a favorite ingredient of mine in fragrances, and Rare Gold is brimming with it. I also detect gardenia; of all the flowers, that is probably my favorite scent, so I'm a sucker for anything with gardenias in it.

This is a lovely, warm scent of peach, citrus, amber, vanilla, and musk, among other ingredients. I can detect a touch of honey in it as well. (I just noticed that these ingredients are "gold" colored.) It isn't too fruity, it isn't too ambery, it isn't too musky, and it isn't too sweet. It's a combination of all those things and more. This is a beautiful fragrance, and it smells elegant but not so dressy that you couldn't wear it with jeans.

I bought this in a purse-size spray, three for $10, but I think I'll invest in the full-sized bottle, I like it so much. Avon often has specials where you can pick up the large bottle for wicked cheap. All in all, I think this is something I'll wear a lot...especially if people stop me and ask me why I smell so good!

(And I have to laugh...older women, as in "Early Thirties"? That's an older woman? I'm not even forty yet and I guess I'm a dinosaur. You know...us "older women" like to smell sexy too...we still do zexytime, you know. You didn't invent it.)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No