August 23, 2014 | 928 users online

Loose Powders - Cle de Peau - Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2006 9:53:00 AM More reviews by karens

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to try this product for ages (it seems to have universally great reviews) and finally shelled out 65 - GULP!

The packaging is dreadful. The net in mine doesn't seem to fit and powder gets everywhere. You certainly couldn't use this if you were travelling!

The powder is beautiful - very finely milled. However it's far too pink and seems to have a slight sparkle. Over a yellow based foundadtion the pink effect is minimised, but on bare skin the pink is really apparent.

I wont buy this when it runs out - too pink, too pricey!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:27:00 PM More reviews by anitaeyu

I debated whether or not to try this product for a while because it's so expensive. After trying it out, I don't think I'll repurchase. It's definitely a high quality, finely milled loose powder - one of the best that I've tried. It leaves my Asian skin looking very natural with a slight warm glow, not ashy or pasty at all. Applying with the powder puff leaves a lovely finish. However, like the previous reviewer, I find that this powder breaks me out and makes my skin itchy. Although the powder is airy, it's still visible (that cakey-powdery finish) on my skin and doesn't really cover up my pores. I prefer BE's Mineral Veil to this - it's much lighter, doesn't break me out, makes my pores disappear, and is a much more reasonable price. I can see why some people would really love this, but it just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2006 11:03:00 PM More reviews by cnmaui66

After reading the rave reviews I took the plunge & purchased this powder. I love the texture & how it looked on my skin (very natural). However, I'm sad to report that it broke me out within 1 week. I took the ingredients listed on the packaging to my dermatologist & he said that this product was loaded with comogenic properties - Mica being the main culpret. I always need a 2nd opinion so I researched the internet on Mica, Talc, etc. & it was confirmed. I would not recommend this product to anyone who is acne prone.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ValrieM

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered and just received this powder because of the rave reviews. I like it but in a picture of me I looked too pink! I have lessened the amount I use. Did anyone else have trouble with the packaging? The little net that goes over the powder on mine didn't fit and now the powder is everywhere in the box!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

Perfection. This powder has desert island carry-on status with me. It sets my foundation and smooths out my complexion. Initially, I look pretty porcelain and powdered, but within 20 minutes, it warms up or something and looks imperceptible on my skin. Like I have naturally lovely skin. I do wish they had a yellow version because I think it would brighten my face, but the pinkish tint really is invisible. UPDATE: just thought I'd let you guys know I hit bottom after six months. So much for it lasting *FOREVER*, but oh well. It's still the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 10:24:00 PM More reviews by saver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very expensive but truly worth it. This is probably the best loose powder out there. It's so silky fine that it makes my skin appear poreless when I put this on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Fiirimardil

After having researched loose powders for a few months, I concluded that I must try this one out and I wasn't disappointed.
-Outstanding powder texture; very lightweight and silky.
-Absolutely invisible finish without being flat or TOO powdery.
-Old fashioned but practical packaging.
-Lasts a really long time.
-Not overly drying but not at all moisturizing.
-For oil, touchups are required.
-Practical and silky puff comes with.

While almost everyone claims that the pink colour of the powder does not appear on the skin, it does on certain people. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't look for it but it exists *wink*

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Marella

This is by far the most expensive cosmetic that I own, and I love it. It is light and wonderfully fine-milled and thankfully will last me forever. I have sort of dry but combo skin and this looks wonderful and natural on me all day long. Keeping the T-zone shine away while not caking or looking chaulky on the dry areas. I gave a small container to my sister in law to try as she swears that she gets the oilies and shine after a few hours no matter what powder she uses, but this worked wonderfully for her and she didn't have the three hour shine. She wanted some immediately. The price is obscene and the packaging is a pain, but it still is the best loose powder around.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by tulipflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this with no regret! It does have a light pink colour but it does not show on your skin. The rep. for this line is Asian and it looks really nice on her. In fact, you cannot tell that you have powder on your skin. It is light and has a sheer coverage. There is no build up on dry parts of my skin. Even though I get very oily on my nose, this powder does not soak up the oil and I think that is good because I found other powders would soak it up and it shows a build up and possibly clog my pores. I know you cannot carry the large box with you but I think if you apply it in the morning and carry blotting sheets, that would be the best way to control your oily skin without causing breakouts. I will repurchase this again.*EDIT*I just wanted to add that I just typed up a review on translucent powder...I can't help but wonder if I am getting confused on which is which. Now, I think the powder line is called Translucent loose powder and it is the only one offered by Cle de Peau. Maybe we have two threads for the same line? UPDATE: Cle de Peau has changed their packaging and the colour of this powder. The price has also gone up and the refill is not offered here in Canada. So, you have to pay $125 each time you want to get a new round box. The colour is all white, but very sheer as the original colour. I don't know if I will repuchase, but I'm hoping the refill will be sold here.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ASluzar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can't live without this powder. I normally stay away from translucents because they give me a white-ish cast, but this one as I'm sure you've heard is different. Yes it's faintly pink, but I think that's what makes it so imperceptible on my face. I'm pale with yellow undertones, and as long as my foundation is appropriately yellow-toned, I don't have a problem. I do wish they'd make a just barely yellow version because I think it would do even more for my coloring than this already does. I look polished and makeup-free! It's so fine in texture that I can really buff it smooth so that even I can't see it with a mirror in the sunshine. You can also poof it on with the awesome puff it comes with for a more finished look. It's truly fantastic and I'll never be without it. EDITED: Looks great in photos! My face looked smooth with a natural sheen, not at all flat or over-powdered. Huge rave!