Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 11/12/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It's pretty cool, Not that bad but it clumps up and you have to apply about 4 coats to get it "VOLUME-IZED" but it's just not my favortie then again its not that bad.

on 10/27/2011 8:55:00 PM

I had liked this mascara initially, but after a few weeks of using it, I feel like I can't get it off my lashes. My lashes always feel like there is gunk on them, even after using makeup remover.

on 10/13/2011 11:57:00 AM

I went out looking for a different mascara because I was getting sick of using The Falsies, so I got this, and I must say this is my new go to mascara! =D The length is perfect, so is the volume! I have no clumps! and my eyelashes look fake. I love it. The brush is weird looking but it works and the mascara itself feels like velvet wheen I apply. :) It's kindof messy to remove but I like it. The only con of this is you can't build up layers to create a dramatic look, it more of a natural mascara. I wouldn't reccomend for short eyelashes. (:

on 10/11/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like this mascara when I apply it, but in a few hours it seems like I'm wearing a bad mascara. My lashes don't stay curled with this one, so I decided to wear it together with my favorite mascara, Avon Super Shock. One Super Shock's layer and on top of that I apply Volum Express. From Maybelline mascaras I think you should try The Colossal or The Falsies.

on 9/26/2011 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

It adds really nice volume.

on 8/12/2011 2:55:00 PM

This is the only mascara that i always come back to. I love to try others, but i think this is a staple in my collection. It makes my lashes look full and voluminous. I like the brush, consistency and effect.

on 7/12/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I enjoyed the lush, long lashes I got from using this product. However, It smudged under my eyes more than it should have, and it was a real pain to wash off...so smeary and thick.

on 7/12/2011 1:46:00 PM

I use this mascara daily. I have long eyelashes, though they aren't particularly thick, and I really like this mascara. I like big, dramatic lashes, and I don't mind a small amount of clumping as long towards the base of the lashes. My biggest mascara peeve is flaking, and this one has not flaked on me. I have tried many CoverGirl mascaras and I find that I have to use too many coats on most of their formulas/brushes to get the desired look. I've also tried most of the other Maybelline varieties and have experienced flaking/running as well - this one just really works for me. I like the curved brush, non-waterproof variety.

I find that the best way to apply it to get super curled, thick, long lashes is to sort of push the brushas close to your eyelid as possible and make a slow blinking motion while barely moving the brush. I can do this without a mirror even and it always gives me the best results as opposed to moving the physical brush up your lashes. I think pressing down with your eyelid while "blinking" pushes your lashes up, curling them, and the pushing also presses lashes into the brush, keeping them separate. Maybe I'm nuts, but I really like this mascara.

I took off one lippie for the amount of product that accumulates on the brush - the neck could be tighter so I didn't have to squegee excess product off before application, which builds up on the rim of the tube and wastes product. I think that is also why people have said this mascara is drier - so much comes out and is unused and goes right back in after being on rim or brush. It isn't a huge deal, but it's sort of annoying.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this mascara. I'm talking about the Volum Express Mascara in the light blue tube with a curved brush. I say loved it [past tense] because I will not buy it anymore - seeing as Maybelline tests their products on animals. That's the only reason I give this a 4 and not a 5. It gave my lashes volume like crazy! I'd say it gave me the false-lash look, more so than Maybelline's Falsies. The curved brush really grabbed my lashes from the root and lifted them up, giving wonderful curl. Dark, bold, curled, volumized, lengthened lashes. Sounds good to me. Too bad Maybelline will never change their animal-testing ways. :(

on 5/21/2011 4:04:00 PM

This is the mascara I always find my self going back to. It's great for a dramatic lash look or a more natural, simple look. It's buildable and doesn't seem to ever clump. It's very inexpensive and lasts me about 3-4 weeks. For a dramatic look buy the waterproof one. It's very difficult to wash off, but it will give you the look you're going for (long voluminous lashes).

Popular Mascaras