October 21, 2014 | 1610 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this mascara when I apply it, but in a few hours it seems like I'm wearing a bad mascara. My lashes don't stay curled with this one, so I decided to wear it together with my favorite mascara, Avon Super Shock. One Super Shock's layer and on top of that I apply Volum Express. From Maybelline mascaras I think you should try The Colossal or The Falsies.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by juliarose815

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It adds really nice volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jubeywho

This is the only mascara that i always come back to. I love to try others, but i think this is a staple in my collection. It makes my lashes look full and voluminous. I like the brush, consistency and effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed the lush, long lashes I got from using this product. However, It smudged under my eyes more than it should have, and it was a real pain to wash off...so smeary and thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this mascara daily. I have long eyelashes, though they aren't particularly thick, and I really like this mascara. I like big, dramatic lashes, and I don't mind a small amount of clumping as long towards the base of the lashes. My biggest mascara peeve is flaking, and this one has not flaked on me. I have tried many CoverGirl mascaras and I find that I have to use too many coats on most of their formulas/brushes to get the desired look. I've also tried most of the other Maybelline varieties and have experienced flaking/running as well - this one just really works for me. I like the curved brush, non-waterproof variety.

I find that the best way to apply it to get super curled, thick, long lashes is to sort of push the brushas close to your eyelid as possible and make a slow blinking motion while barely moving the brush. I can do this without a mirror even and it always gives me the best results as opposed to moving the physical brush up your lashes. I think pressing down with your eyelid while "blinking" pushes your lashes up, curling them, and the pushing also presses lashes into the brush, keeping them separate. Maybe I'm nuts, but I really like this mascara.

I took off one lippie for the amount of product that accumulates on the brush - the neck could be tighter so I didn't have to squegee excess product off before application, which builds up on the rim of the tube and wastes product. I think that is also why people have said this mascara is drier - so much comes out and is unused and goes right back in after being on rim or brush. It isn't a huge deal, but it's sort of annoying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

I loved this mascara. I'm talking about the Volum Express Mascara in the light blue tube with a curved brush. I say loved it [past tense] because I will not buy it anymore - seeing as Maybelline tests their products on animals. That's the only reason I give this a 4 and not a 5. It gave my lashes volume like crazy! I'd say it gave me the false-lash look, more so than Maybelline's Falsies. The curved brush really grabbed my lashes from the root and lifted them up, giving wonderful curl. Dark, bold, curled, volumized, lengthened lashes. Sounds good to me. Too bad Maybelline will never change their animal-testing ways. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Brenna90

This is the mascara I always find my self going back to. It's great for a dramatic lash look or a more natural, simple look. It's buildable and doesn't seem to ever clump. It's very inexpensive and lasts me about 3-4 weeks. For a dramatic look buy the waterproof one. It's very difficult to wash off, but it will give you the look you're going for (long voluminous lashes).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Loretta130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have just bought my fourth tube of Volum' Express in 201 Very Black.
My newly "Latissed" lashes look good, thick and long. Removes well with Maybelline Expert Eyes washable. Very reasonably priced.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by kawanii

Bought this on a whim for volumizing mascaras and had semi-high hopes for it. But, it was clumpy and flaky even after one coat for me, which was a dislike =[..I've been on a long search for good mascaras that work for me, and I've figured that for my thin asian lashes, I hate the spider-leg look, which a lot of volumizing mascaras do! The brush and texture was both thick, which I guess in my case, made me hate it even more. I like the thin,spiral-like brushes that makes it easier to apply. This product was not for me, but for others who have thicker and plumper lashes, maybe this volumizes and works better for them!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ckey001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara!!!!! I actually think its giving covergirls lash blast strong competition.... Great product, and I will most definitely repurchase.