April 20, 2014 | 1409 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Expensive and sticky, yes, but it is SO WORTH IT. This little wonder cream simply makes my hands look a million times better. I live in Denmark where it's often cold, windy and rainy, and I wear nail polish a lot, so my cuticles and nails are often dry and rough. After having applied this for three nights in a row the skin around my nails is completely healed and soft. This is a small luxury for me and I just enjoy using it every night before I go to bed. Love the smell, the orange color and the pretty vintage jar. Love the results even more! I only have to use a tiny, tiny bit every time, so it's gonna last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The best product ever!!! My nails are always thirsty and dry with my age and housework. Everytime I massage this thick beautiful cream on my nail bed and cuticles, I can actually hear my nails thanking me!! A little later, I always push my cuticles back manually and it complies with the gentle pressure. Worth every cent, and has become my nightly handcare ritual along with L'Occitane's Shea hand cream!! I totally stand by it. Mind you, I faithfully buff my nails every time it gets wretchedly ridgy and do everything else to take care of it, Lord knows I need all the help I can get, and this product is now part of my arsenal to healthier nails. For ladies my age (45 years), this is an indispensable product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is SO expensive and I daresay it costs more than it needs to. But it works. The pot is wide and shallow so that it is easy to get product out of the jar. The texture is very dense and sticky, and you only need a little bit. A VERY little bit. I am recovering from acrylics that destroyed my nails and this product is helping a lot. I also used it decades ago, and it works as well now as it did then. My nails are growing faster, and are much less dry. The scent is a bit strong, but I like the apricotty sweetness. Like a previous poster, I could not resist trying this as a lip balm, and it is superb. The color shows up as a very sheer milky peach. i have also used it on a stubborn dry patch on my elbow. Gone overnight. I have also taken to pressing it on the back of my hands. It has really helped with dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Expensive, tacky, nothing special. I love the packaging of it but other than that it isn't anything special to me. It stays quite tacky on my nails, as I usually apply cuticle oil/creams before bed. However it stays that way, kind of sticky and annoying. Beautiful product - and it does moisturize, but so many other similar products do for a fraction of the cost. This is a great splurge but if something else works for you I would say splurge on something else.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG product. I have been buying tons of oils (including solar oil that does not do anything for me), creams, potions to tame my cuticules with little or no results. Then I bumped into this amazing pot. The product is contained in a pretty white pot with CD engraved on it A little product is required for all the nails of my hands and feet. I rub it in before going to bed and I wake up with the most amazing moisturised cuticules. No more expensive manicures required as I can now easily maintain my hands and feet. The scent is barely noticeable and not annoying. The pot costs £18 (not cheap) but lasts months. And most of all delivers. I have re-discovered Dior products recently and they are truly another league, from eyeshadows, to foundations to blushes. really impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for my lips, as a lip balm I mostly sleep with. Its GREAT! A prof. recomended me that, and it really makes my lips soft. It's a grat color. I'll buy it again.

UPDATE: Because of the price I tried the lipbalm from Decubal and it turned out to be as good as Dior Abricot, and maybe even better!!

Someone told me that Decubal contains almost same ingrediens as Helena rubenstein's lipbalm (only without the bad ingrediens Rubenstein's got, and with better!!!) and because of the hype of that I tried it. And it had become my all time fave!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Laski

One of the best cuticle-treatments I ever tried. I don´t know how it is possible, that with such cheap and standard ingredients this delivers so much better results than other nailcreams, but it somehow does. I use it since about a month once a day, and my cuticles are not so dry and chapped anymore. I even think that my nails got a bit stronger and don´t peel like they used to. This will last a really long time, as you need just a tiny bit, so the price is a bit better to take in the end. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by tinab123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had a gift card for Macy's and decided to splurge on this. I'm so glad I did. My cuticles tend to get dry & raggedy even with constant moisturizing so I wasn't expecting much. After using it for two nights in a row, my cuticles were so soft I could not believe it! It's too sticky to use during the day but sticky enough to use at night without it wiping off on the sheets. It's quite expensive for a small pot but I only need a little dab so it's going to last until next winter.

My usual cuticle creme was Qtica Intense Cuticle Repair. I'll keep using Qtica as a daytime creme but Abricot works better to soften things up overnight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

Talk about a good product. It's expensive at $27CAD but it works and it lasts forever since so little is needed. I've had this creme for ages and had to take it out of my drawer recently because my Avène hand creme wasn't treating my cuticles. After 2 nights, my cuticles are back to normal. This is one of Dior's oldest product and I'm glad they never changed the formula. Totally worth the investment. I've tried other brands and they don't come close.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the world's driest skin and my cuticles are a disaster. I've tried everything to little or no effect. While browsing the Dior options on the Macy's website, I saw this and thought I'd give it a try. It is hands down the best for dry cuticles. Yes, it has an odd aroma but who really cares if it works! After all you're not wearing it during the day are you?