December 21, 2014 | 1216 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Body Glow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 5:56:00 AM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, so this stuff looks pretty, yes. But everything else about it is NOT GOOD! First of all, I HATE the smell. Is it supposed to smell good? Cause it doesn't. It makes me feel nausous. This product is indeed average, and the cost is way too pricey. Also, the packaging isn't the greatest. It's very messy, and hard to get out of the bottle. Once you get it out, it splatters everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Xenophon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

RIDICULOUSLY expensive product that is only average in its effects. It rubs off everywhere, and really doesn't do anything more special than a cheap bronzer mixed with a little moisturiser would.
Don't fall for the hype around this unless you have money to burn.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by beedah

I received this product from a friend who has super pale skin. Bronzers don't work for the girl. I, on the other hand, am chocolatey brown skin and we both thought this stuff would compliment my skin tone. It did. I can't believe I fell in love with a bronzer because, well, black people don't need bronzers. But this stuff is amazing. I guess the scent isn't for everybody. I love it though.
No, the sparkles won't last all day if you're running around in the sun, sweating them off. But if you put on the right amount and chill the f*ck out, you'll glow four hours. I never experienced the stuff staining my clothes, so no complaints there.
It's hella expensive though. $65 or some craziness like that, which is why I won't buy it, but it did me some good this summer and I've got about half a bottle left.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ahenema

I wanted to love this product but I can't, there are too many drawbacks. It looks so sexy in the jar but it's a mess. I have dark brown skin (NW50). I tried the product on my legs and found that it looks great on my skin but stains my clothes. The product rubs onto everything and pretty much does not come out! Also, the smell is divine at first, but after some time becomes sickeningly sweet. If you are going to buy this product make sure you don't wear white!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

NARS Body Glow is definitely a nice product. It lends skin a beautiful sunkissed glow and the scent lasts a long time (only a selling point, of course, if you like the fragrance). I have both the full size and the GWP, and am fairly certain I will never run out. I usually keep mine in the refrigerator because I really like how nicely it melts on skin from its solid state. A good item for summer, but this is hardly worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2005 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Lukalove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow am I glad I checked this out in a Sephora store before I purchased because this stuff smells so God awful I don't know how anyone could stand it. Not only that but the glass bottle makes it impossible to get the product out, it should be in a squeeze bottle or something of the like because it is thick and DOES NOT come out. Lastly the price is absolutely ridiculous. but back to the smell...it's so overpowerfully sweet and gross...yuck! Would definately not ever use...even if it were free.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sallystarlight

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the reviews on this site before being sucked in by the fashion press hoopla! Glass bottle makes it impractical for taking on a beach vacation, but the cloying tropical smell isn't really compatible with my "city" lifestyle. The glow is nice at first, but fades very fast . . .probably because it rubbed off on my clothes. Huge dissapointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2005 2:07:00 AM More reviews by msmazeppa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the few beauty products I've returned. I tried it about a year ago at Sephora, and liked it then, but was completely disappointed with it when I finally bought it a couple of weeks ago. More fragrance than shimmer, and it's a sweet, heavy fragrance that will overpower anything else you might be wearing. If you're after glow or shimmer, there are better, cheaper products on the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by moneybunny

I love the smell and texture of Nars Body Glow. It is solid when room temperature, but when it melts it has a luxuriant silky feel, and it is a little oily, but absorbs well. While it does not add any color, it does add shimmer.
The cost of this product is knid of expensive at $58 for four ounces, so if you can get some samples or a GWP, you should try before you buy!!
Also, I have a bottle that is a couple of years old and it has started to smell a little "off". I think this product may go bad after a while, like oils often will when exposed to air. I have since bought another, but be careful of swapping for these or buying them from ebay!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Sarah19

I am obssed with this bronzer! It is the best ever. I love the scent, and the way it adds a tan shimmer to my skin. It is pretty expensive but it lasts forever. I bought my last bottle a year ago and I just ran out. It is a great product for already tan people who just want to add a shade of darkness! (Wash your hands after use!!)