October 2, 2014 | 1195 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by itsaddiiiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually first used the Natural Acne Solutions Spot Treatment, but ran out and didn't want to pay another $10-11 for another tiny-ass bottle. From what I heard, this blemish stick was the same but a couple cents/dollar cheaper, and in a larger size. I went out and bought it at $8-9 from Target. And yes, the rollerball doesn't help (with all the new techniques and innovations of face applicators, Burt's Bees really hasn't jumped on that bandwagon yet, haven't they), so I took it off and threw it away haha. I now apply it with a Q-tip, which is what works best for me. Since I don't get that many pimples (maybe 1-2 per month around my period), this tube will probably last me about 6+ months.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by juicyyycouture

Like everyone else, I have to say that the roll-on ball feature is extremely unsanitary. After about a month of usage, I could see little bits of dead skin floating around the tube. The product isn't that great for it's price. It slightly reduced the appearance of my acne scars and that was about it. Doesn't do anything for pimples..or maybe it slightly reduces the size as well but I hardly noticed anything though. It isn't neccesarily bad though.. just didn't work as well for me. If you do plan on buying this product.. you'd be better off popping the roller ball off and using a q tip instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jwow1230

So...first off the packaging I would have to say is horrible...It's a roll on stick and it looks kind of like those dollar lip glosses with the clear ball at the tip. It hurts if you have pimples and youre trying to roll the treatment on it. and worst of all dirty residue goes into the tube as you roll it on your face...like dead skin cells or if you have dry skin after cleansing all the flakiness will roll into the bottom of the tube. So when youre reapplying the next day..you never know if all that gunk is ending up back onto your face. I never finished using it..just thinking and seeing pieces of skin inside didn't look sanitary..it pretty much defeats the purpose of trying to get clearer skin. As for the stingy sensation..you get used to it and because its willowbark it does help a bit with acne..it'll calm down the bumps but overall it doesnt fully heal anything. Mainly for the packaging..i won't think about buying this again..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by cmarie628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Soooooo wanted to love this product.. I am torn.. I have cystic acne occasionally and when I first tried this it was magic. Popped off the roller ball because it was gross and just applied with q-tip. Reduced pimple size greatly. The second bottle didn't have any effect.. :( where did the magic go? And the third.. well I now have a red itchy rash going across the bottom of my face. But my pimple is reduced.. win/lose.. I will keep searching and will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Himelily8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh goodness, this product went from my favorite to being just another acne treatment on my dresser. I would buy this again if I had too just because it's a good quick overnight roll on that I know will help reduce the pimples but if you put this on during the day it might make your skin irritated and red. The tea tree oil is what I bought this for because that is what works best for my sensitive skin.. Go figure haha. One thing I found out quickly was how gross and not so clean this is. The roller when you put on your face sucks up the dirt and it lays there getting stuck in the sides so I always put on hand santizer so that the bacteria and such will hopefully be vaperized! But it does work for me, sometimes that is. I use it last out of my night routine and although the smell is so strong it's not as bad as some other products I have... Like 100% pure tea tree oil which is the miracle product.

Basically it's okay, I don't like it too much. It does shrink those big zits overnight and that's what I want.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sugarbowl102

well, this was not what i thought it would be.
i saw some amazing reviews about this product on youtube and thought that i should try it out. But when i bought it and used it for the first time, it burned my face and left this weird stinging to my acne (the smell doesn't bother me, just the stinging). It doesn't really seem to work for me maybe because i have sensitive and oily skin. I also tend to break out more when using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have eczema, as well as very dry skin. I have used burt's bees products before and they have been a life saver in terms of my eczema on my body, but not face, so I decided to try this since it's organic and I'm already putting enough chemicals on my face and body as it is.
First of all, it burns a lot, but nothing intolerable. It does reduce acne, but I find it too slow acting for it to be effective. My acne is horrible due to hormone imbalance, and it pops out faster than this thing works! So no matter ho much I use, it's quite pointless.
The worst thing about this product though, is that it is extremely, extremely drying. I already have very bad and dry skin as it is, and this made my entire face flaky.
This is a good product if your only skin problem is acne and it is not severe. However, I will not be buying this again. There are much better products out there for its price.
EDIT: I didn't use this for months, and when I pulled this out and used this again recently it made my eczema flare out again so horribly. My face was red, and itchy and URGH. I actually resorted to using my steroid cream to get rid of it quickly. DO NOT use if you have sensitive skin and eczema, or at least try it before buying this overpriced expensive thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im totally on the fence with this product. I used it a few times, then i stopped because i honestly couldnt take the horribly STRONG scent. Now, I have tried using it again and realized how unhygenic this product really is. Pieces of dead skin are floating in the liquid, I'm guessing because of the roller ball. So, I popped the rollerball out, and Im dipping a q-tip in it and using it as a spot treatment that way. It does dry out the pimples, however it doesn't minimize them in anyway. Infact, it burned terribly and made my pimples red and inflamed. No thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by sweetlove9208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

when i seen this at target and read that it had all these natural ingredients in it i knew i had to try it! I have to say I am loving it! It definetly makes a difference it has a strong smell though, doesnt bother me at all ...Its just part of the magic! I love how easy it is to apply with the roller applicator! Definetely would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

So this summer has pretty much sucked. Along with my severe allergies, frizzy hair (thanks humidity!), and a nasty summer cold, I also get two big cystic bumps on the right side of my face (oddly enough the left side of my face is perfectly fine...). I've never had zits that bad before, and I'm scared that they're going to scar. So while aimlessly roaming the aisles at CVS, I happen upon this stuff. I love Burt's Bees, and I decided to pick this stuff up hoping that it would cure my breakout. After one day of using this, I noticed an immediate difference! The zits started drying up and became less noticeable, and my foundation didn't cake all over it when i put my makeup on! I've never had any product clear up my zits that fast! I'm still worried about scarring, but as long as I use this product, I'm hoping that it will vanish without a trace. Definitely buying this again! HG zit product!!