September 1, 2014 | 1978 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 10:05:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The positive things about this Shampoo Bar - it lathers like a mother! I don't get lather like that with regular shampoo. My hair is short, thick and coarse. The bar smelled great. It is convenient. But, it felt weird to be using a bar soap on my hair. That's something I haven't done since I was a little kid and didn't know any better! On the negative side, it stripped my hair completely. I don't know what people are saying about it leaving stuff in the hair, I wish it had left SOMETHING in mine! I had to use one of those intensive after-hair color conditioners that I had left over from months ago. It seemed to help some. I liked the novelty of a natural shampoo bar, but I am afraid of how strong it is on my hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

This is just horrid. The scent will keep flies away, it hardly lathered, and left a thick residue on my fine hair. Ugh.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Patchie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a sample pack I recieved as a gift. I have chin length, fine, slightly oily straight hair.

The bar has a nice, strong pepperminty smell, and is refreshing. It might sting sensitive scalps. Lathered fine, seemed to rinse out well, but after using conditioner, air drying and blowdrying, my hair feels like it has styling product in it. Not that that's a bad thing---usually my hair is hard to style and very limp.

I would not recommend this for dry or coarse, frizzy hair, and it's probably best for short hairstyles, since it's hard to get the lather all the way down to the scalp. The idea of a bar shampoo is very appealing (i love Baby Bee Shampoo bar for my son), since it's less packaging. Probably won't purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by abuti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the negative reviews on this product I really had to try it to see if they were true. As soon as I put this bar on my medium length hair, it lathered immediately. In fact, it lathered a lot more than my regular shampoos and as I worked the lather in my hair it felt so rich and creamy. I had no problem rinsing it out, and I didn't use a conditioner. My comb went through my wet hair with no problems and after I dried it my hair was so silky smooth and soft I was amazed why so many others had problems with this bar shampoo. I really love it! The directions on the packaging say it's recommended for medium to short hair, although I still think it would work on long hair. I've been using it for an entire week and still love it. It's too bad so many others had problems with this because I didn't have any of the problems others had. It did not leave my hair sticky, nor did it feel like I had a residue on it. My hair felt healthy, soft and manageable. Love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2005 11:18:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Made my curly hair extremely fussy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2005 10:10:00 PM More reviews by zimaleah501

If I wanted my hair to feel like a candle, I would dip it in candle wax and add a wick.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by lady_astrid2001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i thought it was weird just using a bar of soap on my hair. i had to wash my hair twice with this before it really lathered.the ends of my hair were fine, but the roots felt, to me, oily and nasty.but my mom said that my hair felt really really soft.and after i styled my hair in a twist, it really held the style and i did not get frizzies.the next day i just used regular shampoo and my hair looked wonderful.it had really gotten rid of the build-up.*note* i did use conditioner when i used this product.i also noticed that i had alot of tangles before i used the conditioner.i had to use ALOT of conditioner, too.this product should only be use on a day where you just sit around the house and be lazy, or 2 days before a special event(so your hair will look nice)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by KNL837

Yikes. I thought this was going to be so fun and great. How novel! Shampoo in a bar! Let me tell you, this stuff leaves your hair in the most disgusting state it's even been in. After I "washed" my hair with this, I brushed it as usual and let it dry to a sticky, gooey mess. I went and looked at my brush, and the hair was literally matted with white residue from this shampoo. I generally love Burt's Bees stuff, but this is a definite no-go. Don't waste your time and money!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2005 1:51:00 AM More reviews by day_sie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate it. It does not lather up at all. It does not smell very good. It leaves my hair in a very poor state. But the brand's herbal shampoo (in bottle) works quite nicely though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Burt's Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar smells neither like rosemary nor mint - it smells generic and soapy/waxy. It lathers well, and applies as shampoo would to the hair and scalp. Nice, rich, sudsy lather that proceeds to strip my hair of any moisture it once had. I will say this: If you have problems with product buildup, this will remove the buildup. With that being said, it could probably strip the paint from a car. I thought this would work for me - shoulder length hair with normal ends and a problem (oily) scalp. I thought it was working, actually, until I rinsed. My hair was snaggy and tuggish (is that a word?) as my fingers ran through it. My hair felt like wet straw. The moral of the story: Do use this if you have very oily hair or a problem with product build up, but use at your own risk if your hair is generally problem free. I wouldn't recommend this otherwise. continued >>