Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This toner made me give up on toners in general... I've stopped using toners completely. This toner gave me multiple spots, akin to an allergic reaction. It dried out my skin and irritated it quite badly that I was shocked since the product is supposed to be alcohol-free! These spots and irritated areas stopped and healed over in a couple of days after I stopped using this toner.

I think this toner is quite harsh, so I wouldn't recommend this toner to anyone at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is generally clear these days but this product has made my acne flare up again...IMMENSELY! One of the main ingredients in this toner is butylene glycol which has been shown to contribute to breakouts. Shame because I liked the fact that it was alcohol free. I would warn acne sufferers against purchasing this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This toner was the first alcohol-free toner I've used. Thus, I don't have much to compare it to besides that it is a whole lot better on my face than those with alcohol. It does a great job at cleansing the rest of the scum of my face that my face wash didn't get and this includes cleaning my pores a bit better than they had been. The tone of my face has changed but I'm not sure if it's because of the product or other factors (age, other products). But overall, I have nothing to complain about!
Warning though: Don't squeeze bottle! It comes out way too fast...

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff broke me out neutrogena always breaks me out i dont know why

I don't really feel like this does anything for me.

Good:
I do notice on my cotton ball after using it that it takes off what little bit of makeup my face wash may leave behind
Doesn't irritate or dry out my sensitive/combination skin
No offensive smell or stinging sensation, like some toners have
Alcohol-free

Bad:
I just don't really think this is...worth using. It feels sort of like putting water on my face with a cotton ball. I don't think it really makes any impact
The bottle is big but I think it cost me $8 which is sort of ridiculous for toner (IMHO)
Is sort of slow to dry/absorb, as far as toners usually go

Overall: pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I would describe this product as really simple. It didn't break me out and I felt like it could easily slip into my regime. :) It made my face feel clean but not super fresh. It didn't make my face feel dry or tight. To be honest I don't know if it really did much. But I think it's really good in a regime that is intense, for acne maybe.

This is the first toner I've ever tried. I've been using it daily for about a week now and it seems to work well so far. My skin is pretty sensitive but there hasn't been any brake outs, redness or burning sensations which is a very good sign for me lol. This is most likely because it's alcohol-free. I would use a cotton pad to apply this toner at night, right after I cleanse my face. I'd say it's fairly good at cleaning any impurities or makeup that my cleanser left behind, and it doesn't leave your skin feeling too tight. There's also a slight scent to it, which I don't mind. I can't compare it to other toners since this is the first one I've tried, but it's most likely an average toner. It does what it claims to do, however it's not exactly a miracle product. I do see some tiny improvements in my skin; for example, my skin has become a little softer and I think my skin is slowly starting to even out. My t-zone is still oily though (I didn't, and still don't, expect that to change!). One bottle will definitely last you a long time, and I will continue to use it. I think this is good if you're looking for a basic toner.

I bought this toner after my previous toner began to dry me out around my nose. The alcohol-free boasted to retain moisture, and i guess you can say that it did just that- but too much!

My skin was oily and had a terrible crayon-y smell to it. it was very bizarre. However, this works very well for my mother who doesn't have acne-prone skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've never used any toner but heard that it's a good step for a good skin. I was sure to take this when I saw that this is alcohol free. Bought it at SaSa and gave it a try. It is good for someone who have dry skin and prone to acne. It extra cleanse your face and I always use this before wearing make up and after washing my face. I can slowly feel that my skin is getting healthier.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is very mild, has a very light sent to it and almost feels like you're putting water on a cotton ball and using it on your face, I have really sensative acne prone skin and it doesn't irritate it or break it out, I wash my face a lot of times twice with my cetaphil cleanser and use this toner on a cotton ball and wipe it across my face and you'd be suprised how much dirt and makeup it picks up that you otherwise would have never known was there...leaves my face feeling clean, if you have a bad breakout though you might want to use neutrogenas pore refining toner instead on your acne b/c it's waaaaaay stronger and will dry out your pimples