Kerastase Oleo-Relax Masque

4.4

Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis / Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cl 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

on 5/29/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I had such hopes for this product but it doesn't do much. not worth the money.

on 4/27/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Expensive but worth it if your hair is dry as hay. It's expensive, but it lasts a long time and a little bit goes a long way. I bought one last year, and i'm almost done with it. I use it once a week and leave it in for 20 minutes. Non frizzy hair after it dries. LOVE IT!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is amazing. I have long naturally curly hair. Thin strands but lots of them. I applied this in the shower after deep cleansing with Suave clarity shampoo and the results are amazing. My hair is soft smooth full of body and totally managable. It does have a slight fragrance but it really isnt over-powering. I work in an ICU and have to be VERY careful about not wearing anything that could cause my patients (or co-workers) any sort of resp. issues or adverse reactions. If you've found the scent of this to be overpowering you've applied way too much or not rinsed it out thoroughly enough. Highly recommend and will def. repurchase.

on 9/13/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What a horrible experience. Never again! Not only was this stuff outrageously expensive ($50.00 for a small jar), but it was the worst hair product experience I have ever had. I remember reading a few reviews that spoke about the obnoxiously strong perfume scent, and they were not exaggerating! I'm not a smoker and am sensitive to scents and odors. I can handle most scents, but this is just crazy sickening. I thought it would fade after my hair dried, but it never did. It's florals on steroids with a truly disgusting chemical undertone. For a moment, I was beginning to think I had put an actual relaxer on my hair! It smelled exactly like that stuff you get a whiff of in the salons when people are having that procedure done. The scent was so dizzying that I got a migraine from it.

I guess because I hadn't suffered enough, my scalp began to itch like crazy. Between the overwhelmingly obnoxious scent, which never faded, and my itchy scalp, I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I excused myself from work early just so I could go home and wash this crap out of my hair! I noticed another couple of reviews peppered in from other women who also had this type of allergic reaction, and they have my sympathies! I get it trust me! Oh and in case you are wondering, I bought this from an authorized dealer who was able to confirm that it was not an old batch. It came in a box that was completely sealed and had never been opened. A word of caution to those who might want to give this product a try. I would make darn sure to buy this from a place that allows returns of products that have been opened. This was a very costly lesson for me (and I got better results from Pantene's new Pro-V Curly Hair Series Deep Moisturizing Treatment, which costs next to nothing)! Ugh!

on 6/12/2010 2:52:00 PM

Good product but expensive.

on 6/7/2010 7:56:00 PM

I love it...Its an excellent mask lives my hair soft and shiny!!

on 5/17/2010 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Why doesn't this stuff work for me? Everyone loves kerastase, but it really does not do anything for my dry hair. I have daily conditioners that seem to do more in 5 minutes than this does in hours. This was my second time buying it, hoping that this would be the time that it worked. Nope. Went back to my favorite Giovanni deep treatment and my new favorite, Thriven by killer strands.

on 4/23/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My hair is naturally wavy, coarse, dry, and is in the process of being grown out from its chemically relaxed state. I usually need to flat iron i to get the cuticle to look smooth and shiny, but Oleo Relax makes it so soft, shiny and frizz free, that I just need to twist my damp hair into a bun, and I get awesome glossy curls/waves once its dry!
Smell wise, it has a pleasant lingering floral scent. The product itself is quite thick, a bit like butter, but it seems to rinse out fairly easily. It helps control the volume of my hair, so this may not be ideal for girls with fine hair, as it may be too heavy. The only detractor is the wowza $65 price-tag, but Im beginning to see that Kerastase is truly the gold standard when it comes to haircare. Their line has transformed my hair. Definitely a re-buy!

on 4/3/2010 7:55:00 PM

I have baby fine hair which gets weighed down easily and looks flat and limp with the wrong products. I decided to try a jar of this recently and to be honest i expected that it would be way to heavy for my hair but something made me give it a go and boy am I glad I did. The first time I tried it I blowed dried my hair after and it was so soft, swingy and bouncy, not flat or weighed down in the least but really moisturised. The next time that I used it I thought I would give it a real test and leave my hair to air dry. I've only recently started air drying as I want to grow my hair down. All I can say is the stuff passes the test with flying colours. I don't usually like my hair that much air dried but this does a fantastic job of reducing frizz and still makes my hair swingy without blow drying it! This is without doubt the best mask I have ever used. Defo HG status.

on 3/27/2010 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mask! I have a lot of thick, strong wavy hair and started going white since my early 30s :( so I have to dye my hair. The colouring made it really dehydrated, dry and frizzy. I tried quite many products but nothing helped, the frizz remained... then I tried this mask and it was unbelievable, it made my hair immediately shiny, soft, silky. I still have to use the Kerastase Oleo relax elixir in addition after this mask for beeing 100% frizz-free, but it is fantastic!!! I also love the smell. The only negative thing is the price, but it works so somehow I always collect the money :)))

Top Rated Kerastase Products