Kerastase Oleo-Relax Masque

4.4

Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis / Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cl 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

I have long hair that is fine, but always has split ends which leads to a frizzy appearance. This is a weekly masque, but I used it as a daily conditioner. It was the only conditioner that I found to make my hair look healthy, shiny, and not damaged. Because I overuse it, it does build up, but then I use a cleansing shampoo, and that gets rid of any build up. I tried so many other products to replace it because it is kind of expensive, but in the end this is what I keep coming back to, for me it is not really worth trying other stuff because I buy that and then this anyway. The only thing that I have found recently that offers similar results is the three step defrizzing sample set from Phyto, but to get the same result with that I have to do all three steps with the Oleo Relax it is one step and it doesn't matter what shampoo I use with it. I gave it average packaging because I do not really like the big tub, I think it is hard to open and use in the shower without getting water in the product, and I don't want to get out of the shower and track water everywhere. It is also hard to screw the cover on when I have the conditioner in my hands. Stupid points,but that is my view on screw top tubs of conditioner. Anyway I LOVE this product, though I still do always hope to find something a little cheaper and a little easier to find (I don't remember to order online, until I am out and then I have to wait for delivery) without having to find a Kerastase salon. But, for now the improvement in my hair is worth the money in my and my husband's opinion.

on 6/5/2011 9:32:00 AM

I read a few reviews here before I bought this product. Most were positive, but a few people found it too heavy or didn't like the smell. I took a chance and am SO glad I did! This is now my favorite product for my hair!

I usually towel dry my hair after rinsing out the shampoo and put on the masque. I then wrap my head in a towel and leave it on for anywhere from an hour to overnight. After I wash it out and dry my hair it's so silky and soft and the flyaway hairs I usually have around my head from styling damage are gone!

If you are allergic to artificial scents, I wouldn't recommend this product, because it is a bit strong. Personally, I love the rose scent and really like that the smell doesn't fade right after washing. Usually my hair still smells floral until the next time I wash it.

I use this product about twice a week between regular conditioner treatments and even with my long hair the product lasts me about 2 months. I think it's totally worth the price!

on 5/29/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I had such hopes for this product but it doesn't do much. not worth the money.

on 4/27/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Expensive but worth it if your hair is dry as hay. It's expensive, but it lasts a long time and a little bit goes a long way. I bought one last year, and i'm almost done with it. I use it once a week and leave it in for 20 minutes. Non frizzy hair after it dries. LOVE IT!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is amazing. I have long naturally curly hair. Thin strands but lots of them. I applied this in the shower after deep cleansing with Suave clarity shampoo and the results are amazing. My hair is soft smooth full of body and totally managable. It does have a slight fragrance but it really isnt over-powering. I work in an ICU and have to be VERY careful about not wearing anything that could cause my patients (or co-workers) any sort of resp. issues or adverse reactions. If you've found the scent of this to be overpowering you've applied way too much or not rinsed it out thoroughly enough. Highly recommend and will def. repurchase.

on 9/13/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What a horrible experience. Never again! Not only was this stuff outrageously expensive ($50.00 for a small jar), but it was the worst hair product experience I have ever had. I remember reading a few reviews that spoke about the obnoxiously strong perfume scent, and they were not exaggerating! I'm not a smoker and am sensitive to scents and odors. I can handle most scents, but this is just crazy sickening. I thought it would fade after my hair dried, but it never did. It's florals on steroids with a truly disgusting chemical undertone. For a moment, I was beginning to think I had put an actual relaxer on my hair! It smelled exactly like that stuff you get a whiff of in the salons when people are having that procedure done. The scent was so dizzying that I got a migraine from it.

I guess because I hadn't suffered enough, my scalp began to itch like crazy. Between the overwhelmingly obnoxious scent, which never faded, and my itchy scalp, I felt like I was going to jump out of my skin. I excused myself from work early just so I could go home and wash this crap out of my hair! I noticed another couple of reviews peppered in from other women who also had this type of allergic reaction, and they have my sympathies! I get it trust me! Oh and in case you are wondering, I bought this from an authorized dealer who was able to confirm that it was not an old batch. It came in a box that was completely sealed and had never been opened. A word of caution to those who might want to give this product a try. I would make darn sure to buy this from a place that allows returns of products that have been opened. This was a very costly lesson for me (and I got better results from Pantene's new Pro-V Curly Hair Series Deep Moisturizing Treatment, which costs next to nothing)! Ugh!

on 6/12/2010 2:52:00 PM

Good product but expensive.

on 6/7/2010 7:56:00 PM

I love it...Its an excellent mask lives my hair soft and shiny!!

on 5/17/2010 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Why doesn't this stuff work for me? Everyone loves kerastase, but it really does not do anything for my dry hair. I have daily conditioners that seem to do more in 5 minutes than this does in hours. This was my second time buying it, hoping that this would be the time that it worked. Nope. Went back to my favorite Giovanni deep treatment and my new favorite, Thriven by killer strands.

on 4/23/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My hair is naturally wavy, coarse, dry, and is in the process of being grown out from its chemically relaxed state. I usually need to flat iron i to get the cuticle to look smooth and shiny, but Oleo Relax makes it so soft, shiny and frizz free, that I just need to twist my damp hair into a bun, and I get awesome glossy curls/waves once its dry!
Smell wise, it has a pleasant lingering floral scent. The product itself is quite thick, a bit like butter, but it seems to rinse out fairly easily. It helps control the volume of my hair, so this may not be ideal for girls with fine hair, as it may be too heavy. The only detractor is the wowza $65 price-tag, but Im beginning to see that Kerastase is truly the gold standard when it comes to haircare. Their line has transformed my hair. Definitely a re-buy!

Top Rated Kerastase Products