August 27, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lip balm has a very pleasant smell...exactly like you would expect coconut to smell like. However, the compliments stop there. If you're looking for a moisturizing treatment for your lips, don't waste your money on this product. It wears off extremely fast, and absolutely does nothing to improve the texture of your lips. In fact, I found it very drying and it made my lips crack and peel more often than before.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Parodybarbiegirl

I have a TBS lip butter in wild cherry and I love it. This product doesn't dry out my lips at all. The scent is very strong. other people can smell it when I apply it and when I'm wearing it. But honestly they don't mind and i don't eather.
I'm not crazy about the fact that it comes in a pot (not hygienic but I think that because it is a lipbutter it cannot be put in a twist-up container.
The product leaves a nice creamy sheen to my lips which is nce because lipglosses and lipsticks are very drying on my lips. This is my everyday, nude, moisturizing lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by qtpie90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So the smell is absolutely delish, but the texture is horrible, and dries out your lips within an hour or so. Not a good lip balm if you want something moisturising. And it's quite expensive, got this for NZ$15

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by xoxocandylicious

i went to the body shop to get this, thinking it must be soo good since its soo expensive. i used it and it dried my lips. and it wears off reli quick. i put it on, maybe like 10 mins later its gone. and it leaves this white film on my lips, (gross) i only like it because it smelled amazing. drugstore brands like blistex, and softlips works sooo much better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by DaynaMichele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little surprised by the bad reviews! I am always lured into The Body Shop by the awesome smell, and I am already a fan of their body butters and body scrubs, so I figured I'd give the lip butter a shot. I bought it in Guarana (to be honest, I thought I'd grabbed "cherry," and found out otherwise when I got home with it, but that's okay!), and it smells wonderful. I've had nasty chapped lips for the past few days but they are already looking and feeling better since I've gotten this lip butter. The consistency is nice and creamy, and feels like a cross between balm and gloss when it melts into your lips. Will buy again in several more flavors.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by goneengel

This is the worst product I've ever used on my lips. 'Butter' suggests that it is going to be at least a little bit moisturising. But this made my lips very chapped. Much more than they were in the first place. So once I used something else on my lips that made them better (Lucas's Papaw treatment), I used the lip butter again. But I could feel my lips start to dry out again after only a couple of minutes. The only reason I gave this product one lippy is because of the yummy smell (I got wild cherry).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I use shea butter (other brands) on my lips all the time, and I love the Body Shop's body butters, so I thought I'd love their lip butter. Not so! It stings my lips whenever I use it, making me wonder if I'm allergic to one of the ingredients? It also seems to dry out my lips, rather than moisturize. I will definitely not be buying this again! Plus, it left a gross white film on my lips, making me look sick. (but it does smell pretty nice)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought 'Yes, Yes, Yes" which is not a permanent collection. The proceeds go to support HIV/AIDS awareness. I found this through watching a Youtube guru and I love it. I do agree that it's not that moisurizing but more of a gloss. I tried to wear instead of my balm which I wear to keep my lips moist at night but I woke up with dry lips. The fragrance is so yummy and it also tones down the color of your lips and lipsticks. I wish this was a permanent lip butter because I do love it as a gloss, not a lip treatment. Lastly, the scent is dragon fruit and would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by dollgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really like this lip balm. My lips are well moisurised usually but this just sits on the little lines and leaves a creamy residue. Also, once it has melted (it does this quite easily) it solidifies in a lumpy mix.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would never buy this again. The only good thing about this is that it kind of smells nice. BUT then it tastes bad, wears off in no time, does not hydrate your lips or make them soft and are too opaque. So you must use a lipstick over it. The packaging is too small so if you have a little longer nails you get a bunch of gunk under them. Stay clear of this.