The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I own two of these lip butters (Shea Butter and Passion Fruit) and I find that they are decent as a night treatment if your lips are already in good condition, but I wouldn't recommend them if you need intensive moisturizing or are looking for a solution to chapped lips. The consistency is quite smooth (being a butter) and the finish is a slight sheen without any tackiness. An overall "ok" product but for the price there are better products on the market.

on 11/1/2010 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have this in mango. I decided to try it because I've liked the Body Shop's products in the past, including their body butter. I have chapped lips from time to time, especially in the winter. This lip butter isn't moisturizing at all and I don't see any benefits from using it. I also dislike the packaging because I feel like sticking my finger in it to apply it makes it unhygienic. The only positives to this product is that it smells really good and that it's not sticky.

on 7/3/2010 6:44:00 PM

The package is not really hygienic. I hate anything that I need to stick my finger inside. Besides, it leaves a white cast on my lips and is not moisturizing at all. I like the smell but it is not convincing enough to make me keep this horrible product.

on 7/2/2010 4:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Firstly, I love the smell of the product, but it doesn't really do what a good lip treatment should. I use Blistex for that. I do use this product as a lip balm over the top of my Blistex though. Gives a nice light colour and smoothes my lips.

on 5/19/2010 3:53:00 AM

I had really bad chapped lips and none of my normal lipglosses or balms were helping. My friend gave me Papaya Lip Butter in a gift pack for my birthday. It helped moisturise my lips all winter and made a marked improvement to the chaffing. My local store (In Sydney Australia) only had the Coconut flavour and Papaya flavour when I went back in to buy a replacement one as I finished my first one. I opted for Cocunut to try something new. It's alright but nothing to rave about, and as the colour is white, if you apply a lot your lips look awful. I would definately buy Papaya nest time, and the fragrance and taste is beautiful, and colour not noticeable.

on 1/8/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lip balm has a very pleasant smell...exactly like you would expect coconut to smell like. However, the compliments stop there. If you're looking for a moisturizing treatment for your lips, don't waste your money on this product. It wears off extremely fast, and absolutely does nothing to improve the texture of your lips. In fact, I found it very drying and it made my lips crack and peel more often than before.

I have a TBS lip butter in wild cherry and I love it. This product doesn't dry out my lips at all. The scent is very strong. other people can smell it when I apply it and when I'm wearing it. But honestly they don't mind and i don't eather.
I'm not crazy about the fact that it comes in a pot (not hygienic but I think that because it is a lipbutter it cannot be put in a twist-up container.
The product leaves a nice creamy sheen to my lips which is nce because lipglosses and lipsticks are very drying on my lips. This is my everyday, nude, moisturizing lipgloss.

on 11/13/2009 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

So the smell is absolutely delish, but the texture is horrible, and dries out your lips within an hour or so. Not a good lip balm if you want something moisturising. And it's quite expensive, got this for NZ$15

i went to the body shop to get this, thinking it must be soo good since its soo expensive. i used it and it dried my lips. and it wears off reli quick. i put it on, maybe like 10 mins later its gone. and it leaves this white film on my lips, (gross) i only like it because it smelled amazing. drugstore brands like blistex, and softlips works sooo much better than this.

on 10/2/2009 2:04:00 AM

I'm a little surprised by the bad reviews! I am always lured into The Body Shop by the awesome smell, and I am already a fan of their body butters and body scrubs, so I figured I'd give the lip butter a shot. I bought it in Guarana (to be honest, I thought I'd grabbed "cherry," and found out otherwise when I got home with it, but that's okay!), and it smells wonderful. I've had nasty chapped lips for the past few days but they are already looking and feeling better since I've gotten this lip butter. The consistency is nice and creamy, and feels like a cross between balm and gloss when it melts into your lips. Will buy again in several more flavors.

Popular Lip Treatments